Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

PC Rocksmith Plans

The reveal of Rocksmith we saw on Tuesday only mentioned the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 as target platforms, and the Rocksmith Website and the trailer it hosts likewise only mention the console versions of the real guitar playing game. However, the press release for the game mentions the PC as well, so we contacted Ubisoft for a clarification of target platforms. They confirm it is coming to Windows in addition to consoles in the fall of this year, and say they are in the process of updating the website to reflect this. Here's word on the game:

Rocksmith is the first and only game where players can plug any real guitar with a standard quarter-inch input jack into an Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, a PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system or PC, and play through an in-depth library of music including everything from the latest hits to classic rock songs.

Featuring gameplay that automatically adjusts to the player’s skill level and innovative game design that makes reading music visually fun and intuitive, Rocksmith engages experienced musicians and those who are picking up a guitar for the first time. The game includes a sizeable library of music from classic rock bands to current artists, such as The Animals, The Black Keys, David Bowie, Interpol, Nirvana, and The Rolling Stones,.

View
5. Re: PC Rocksmith Plans Mar 18, 2011, 02:43 Agent.X7

panbient wrote on Mar 17, 2011, 20:50:
something isn't right with their claims of plugging in any old guitar into the machine... they're not addressing how the analog signal from the guitar is magically converted into a digital signal the machines can read. that's why every other game that used 'real' instruments needed some sort of MIDI interface and instrument. plus the clip on the site shows absolutely nothing of value towards the actual use of the product.

something fishy is going on, way too much marketing hype too late in the rhythm game. odds are they're trying to sell an interactive tutor.

Obviously there is some sort of adapter. I don't know about you, but I cannot seem to find a 1/4" jack on my PS3, nor does my ESP LTD have a USB connector.

I, for one, think this sounds kind of cool, but I will wait to see how they pull it off.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
Previous Post Next Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. Mar 17, 13:21 Re: PC Rocksmith Plans ldonyo
  2. Mar 17, 14:45 Re: PC Rocksmith Plans yuastnav
  3. Mar 17, 16:21 Re: PC Rocksmith Plans Kxmode
  4. Mar 17, 20:50 Re: PC Rocksmith Plans panbient
>> 5. Mar 18, 02:43  Re: PC Rocksmith Plans Agent.X7
  6. Mar 18, 07:26   Re: PC Rocksmith Plans InBlack