Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

World of Tanks Launch Next Month

Wargaming.net announces that April 12, 2011 is the official launch date for World of Tanks in North America and Europe. They say the MMO third-person shooter is "gradually entering the release phase" after nine months of closed and open beta testing, but in the meantime there's still an opportunity to join the open beta, which North American players can do on this page and European players can do on this page. "Our team has been working really hard to create a unique blend of action, strategy, simulation and RPG elements in World of Tanks, and now the moment all fans across the globe have been waiting for is right around the corner," said Victor Kislyi, CEO of Wargaming.net. "We are delighted to be finally announcing the release date for this ground-breaking title and invite all veteran players and those new to the game to enjoy tense and uncompromising armored warfare on World of Tanks battlegrounds."

View
17 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

17. Re: World of Tanks Launch Next Month Mar 19, 2011, 08:32 SpectralMeat

This is one of those "you suck for not liking the games I like" debates.

I don't think WoT was ever advertised to be a sim.

Steam: SpectralMeat
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

16. Re: World of Tanks Launch Next Month Mar 18, 2011, 16:05 Mad Jackson

Sad for me? Nope, I'm the one having fun in a great game.

Sad for you? Yes, you're the one pining for the gnats-ass simulator that 2000-3000 grognards will play from their basement apartments in their parents' house instead of kissing girls.

Sorry to come down so hard, but it's comments like yours that killed the flight sim genre, where hardcore grognards were successful in convincing devs into changing excellent flight games into unplayable flight simulations.

Meh, to each his own I guess. Good luck with the games you like to play, I'll stick with the games I like to play.

-MJ

15. Re: World of Tanks Launch Next Month Mar 18, 2011, 07:50 InBlack

Mad Jackson wrote on Mar 17, 2011, 22:45:
The game is great, but won't appeal to everyone (like posts Yifes and KilrathiAce).

Yifes, progression is fine and if you're rushing headlong into open combat with tanks bigger than you then yes, you will get your ass handed to you. The game takes skill and some tactical thinking and is enjoyable as you play, so not a grind at all.

KilrathiAce, you are right: this is not a good tank game. This is the BEST tank game I've ever played (and I've been playing them for decades now).

-MJ

QFT.

@KilrathiAce: Its a game, not a SIM. It never claimed to be a sim and going into this with that mindset will result in dissapointment. It also requires skill, ALL the tanks are usefull, I still play with my TIER2 Luchs as it is probably the best tank in the scouting role. I usuall dont fire a single round if im paired up with the big boys and prefer to hide at the front lines scouting enemy positions for the artillery.

Most of the whines about this game come from people who have no fucking clue how to play it, as its a game that actually requires thinking more than good reflexes.

As for strategy, there is plenty. Do you split up into two groups, do you defend or take battle to the enemy. Do you take the central hill and risk being bombarded by artillery or do you go through the forrest where tank destroyers might be waiting in ambush.

So its not for everyone, ok great. Go back to WoW or Call of Duty or whatever suits you, but please dont make uninformed statements.

As for the grind Ive been in the beta for about 3 weeks now and Im alerady at TIer7 tanks with only casual playing. Hows that?

I have a nifty blue line!

14. Re: World of Tanks Launch Next Month Mar 18, 2011, 03:03 KilrathiAce

Sorry mate, its not a tank game, its a arcade cars with guns game, I feel sad for you thinking this has anything to do with actual tanks that they represent in that game.  

"On 2646.215 I myself attacked & destroyed TCS Tiger's Claw in my Jalthi heavy fighter"
Bakhtosh Redclaw Nar Kiranka

13. Re: World of Tanks Launch Next Month Mar 17, 2011, 22:45 Mad Jackson

The game is great, but won't appeal to everyone (like posts Yifes and KilrathiAce).

Yifes, progression is fine and if you're rushing headlong into open combat with tanks bigger than you then yes, you will get your ass handed to you. The game takes skill and some tactical thinking and is enjoyable as you play, so not a grind at all.

KilrathiAce, you are right: this is not a good tank game. This is the BEST tank game I've ever played (and I've been playing them for decades now).

-MJ

12. Re: World of Tanks Launch Next Month Mar 17, 2011, 20:33 KilrathiAce

There are very few good tank games, and this is not one of them.  

"On 2646.215 I myself attacked & destroyed TCS Tiger's Claw in my Jalthi heavy fighter"
Bakhtosh Redclaw Nar Kiranka

11. Re: World of Tanks Launch Next Month Mar 17, 2011, 20:31 Yifes

The grind in this game is ridiculous, and with only one game mode, it gets repetitive pretty fast. And grinding as a light tank is just not fun when you're higher tier and consistently get matched against heavies like the KV-1 and KV-3 that one shot you with ease. Sure you can try to rush the artillery, but any experienced team will be ready and waiting for you.

This comment was edited on Mar 17, 2011, 21:58.

10. Re: World of Tanks Launch Next Month Mar 17, 2011, 16:09 Ant

MxxCon wrote on Mar 17, 2011, 15:59:
Ant wrote on Mar 17, 2011, 15:11:
When does the beta end? I need to start playing for free before it end!
you'll be able to play even after it ends. it'll be free to play+microtransexuals

bluefaster wrote on Mar 17, 2011, 15:48:
I will buy this game if I can buy hats for my tanks. Can I buy hats for my tanks?
yes, also crafting. you can take 2 jaguars and mush them together to get a war galleon.
Microtransexuals???? Umm!!!!

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...

9. Re: World of Tanks Launch Next Month Mar 17, 2011, 15:59 MxxCon

Ant wrote on Mar 17, 2011, 15:11:
you'll be able to play even after it ends. it'll be free to play+microtransexuals

bluefaster wrote on Mar 17, 2011, 15:48:
I will buy this game if I can buy hats for my tanks. Can I buy hats for my tanks?
yes, also crafting. you can take 2 jaguars and mush them together to get a war galleon.

8. Re: World of Tanks Launch Next Month Mar 17, 2011, 15:56 MxxCon

InBlack wrote on Mar 17, 2011, 11:05:
Its esentially a tank shooter with a lot of tactical and strategic elements thrown in.
right now there's no strategy. it's all tactical.

7. Re: World of Tanks Launch Next Month Mar 17, 2011, 15:48 bluefaster

6. Re: World of Tanks Launch Next Month Mar 17, 2011, 15:11 Ant

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...

5. Re: World of Tanks Launch Next Month Mar 17, 2011, 11:05 InBlack

Frijoles wrote on Mar 17, 2011, 10:49:
Don't you just drive around in tanks and shoot each other in this game? What's the appeal?

Its esentially a tank shooter with a lot of tactical and strategic elements thrown in. Mix in the RPG elements of researching tank technologies for XP and creds earned in battles as well and you get your appeal.

It also has that "simple to learn hard to master" mantra that works so well with quality multiplayer games.

For me personally I dig the little subtleties, like the authentic sounds and feel of each tank. Or the fact that each has its use. Or how teamplay is so important. Or maybe that its simply something new that no one really tried before.

Right now the game is great. Eventually when they release Clan Wars it will become brilliant.

4. Re: World of Tanks Launch Next Month Mar 17, 2011, 10:49 Frijoles

Don't you just drive around in tanks and shoot each other in this game? What's the appeal?  

3. Re: World of Tanks Launch Next Month Mar 17, 2011, 10:16 InBlack

Esentially Free to Play with Microtransactions. They have stated that the prices will be announced at the same time as the preorders. Pricing will be the same across all regions though which is nice so no direct $ = Eur prices (Im looking at you Valve! )

2. Re: World of Tanks Launch Next Month Mar 17, 2011, 10:05 SpectralMeat

Any news on pricing?  

Steam: SpectralMeat

1. Re: World of Tanks Launch Next Month Mar 17, 2011, 10:00 InBlack

Oh crap, I guess Im not going to make it to the King Tiger, oh well....

Still Im going to preorder and have fun while the beta lasts, in case anyone else is thinking about it the devs have stated that the pre-order phase will begin two weeks before the release date. Which would put the date at March 29, 2011.

Although they have slipped dates before.

17 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo