Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Dragon Age Legends Launches

Dragon Age Legends is now live, offering a Facebook tie-in with BioWare's Dragon Age RPGs. Here's the deal:

Set in the Free Marches, the primary setting of Dragon Age II, Dragon Age Legends combines accessible and engaging turn-based tactical combat with gripping co-operative gameplay. By simply logging in Facebook, players can jump in to the online RPG to recruit their friends and embark on a battle-rich journey filled with challenging quests. Like all classic RPGs, players will earn loot and share rewards with their friends to grow their hero’s might and their kingdom’s power. The game includes a gratifying character-customization and upgrade system that allows players to tackle demons and darkspawn to become a legendary hero within the Dragon Age universe.

View
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

8. Re: Dragon Age Legends Launches Mar 17, 2011, 07:10 Buckermann

Rock, Paper, Shotgun has a (not so favourable) write-up.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011/03/16/dragon-age-legends-review/

This comment was edited on Mar 17, 2011, 12:52.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: Dragon Age Legends Launches Mar 17, 2011, 04:30 Dirwulf

Grokk wrote on Mar 17, 2011, 01:39:
entr0py wrote on Mar 17, 2011, 00:56:
I still don't know how facebook games addict people, but it's best not to give it the chance. No good can come of this.

You get started playing, once you've used all your turns or whatever you find there's still more to do. Log in the next day and you've got some turns to use, so you burn through those and realise there's still more to do. Rinse/Repeat.
One of your friends starts playing the game and now you've got a little competition going. If you fall behind they'll win, so you keep going, day after day. etc..

This is every single game on Facebook. Its the same damn game, in a different wrapper.

6. Re: Dragon Age Legends Launches Mar 17, 2011, 04:09 SmyTTor

This is falsely labeled as a micro-transaction game. When you have to shell out $10 on a virtual sword for a shitty flash game, I think you're in a whole new reality of unvarnished greed. A simple basic healing potion is a quarter a pop and depending, you will go through about two to three a battle, possibly 9 on end map fights. Good times?  

5. Re: Dragon Age Legends Launches Mar 17, 2011, 02:12 eRe4s3r

What you described isn't a game, it's work.  

4. Re: Dragon Age Legends Launches Mar 17, 2011, 01:39 Grokk

entr0py wrote on Mar 17, 2011, 00:56:
I still don't know how facebook games addict people, but it's best not to give it the chance. No good can come of this.

You get started playing, once you've used all your turns or whatever you find there's still more to do. Log in the next day and you've got some turns to use, so you burn through those and realise there's still more to do. Rinse/Repeat.
One of your friends starts playing the game and now you've got a little competition going. If you fall behind they'll win, so you keep going, day after day. etc..

3. Re: Dragon Age Legends Launches Mar 17, 2011, 00:56 entr0py

The flash game that accompanied Dragon Age: Origins, called Dragon Age Journeys (also developed by EA 2D), was pretty well made and felt like a fun little promotional bonus before the DA:O's release.

If you were hoping for something along those lines only with a few unlockable DA2 items as rewards, you're in for disappointment. I've tried the Dragon Age Legends beta, and it's absolutely drained of any potential fun by facebookery and profit motive. Here's a short list of it's worst offenses; small game window, coercion to invite friends, forced short game sessions, special currency that can only be bought with real money, crafting that takes real world hours.

It's my first time playing a facebook game - I imagine some people enjoy this. But I'm not sure that "game" is the right word, I don't believe you're supposed to be having fun. Rather it's like some bizarre Pavlovian experiment. I still don't know how facebook games addict people, but it's best not to give it the chance. No good can come of this.

2. Re: Dragon Age Legends Launches Mar 16, 2011, 22:23 Cutter

Enchantment? ENCHANTMENT!

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

1. Re: Dragon Age Legends Launches Mar 16, 2011, 22:04 space captain

classic facebook RPGs! YEAH!  
Go forth, and kill!

8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer