Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Battlefield 3 Trailer

The Battlefield Blog now offers a second installment in the Fault Line series of trailers for Battlefield 3, DICE's upcoming military shooter sequel. Word is: "This in-game footage from Battlefield 3 shows off the ANT animation technology (and prone!) in the game, with an explosive ending that neatly shows how the new Frostbite 2 engine handles destruction."

View
34 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

34. Re: Battlefield 3 Trailer Mar 18, 2011, 22:27 zirik

anybody notice the trailer came straight out of a documentary by the discovery channel about the fighting in fallujah? there was a squad that got pinned down by a sniper located 300 yards in front of their position. the squad leader took him out with a LAW just like in the bf3 trailer.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

33. Re: Battlefield 3 Trailer Mar 17, 2011, 09:59 SpectralMeat

I am pretty sure after March 30 when the last episode of this SP footage is out we will see the MP side of things, along with some more specific MP features and stuff.

They haven't really aired too much details about the MP because they know that is what most people are interested in not the SP stuff. I am pretty sure ones they start showing the MP gameplay we will have a date for the MP beta also.

Steam: SpectralMeat

32. Re: Battlefield 3 Trailer Mar 17, 2011, 09:51 Elessar

Awesome. Also, did you notice how when they went through the door on the rooftop, when they made the cut to the right, they leaned their bodies into the turn. Almost like the naturalmotion animations you would expect to see in Madden.  

"You don't get what you deserve, you get what you get."

31. Re: Battlefield 3 Trailer Mar 16, 2011, 22:12 siapnar

Sphinx wrote on Mar 16, 2011, 19:25:
You don't understand, bigspender, I wanna gripe, bitch, and moan NOW
Totally, why the fuck else would I be on the internet?

Game LOOKS great. Need to see MP.

I have projectile dysfunction.

30. Re: Battlefield 3 Trailer Mar 16, 2011, 21:52 DukeFNukem

How do I break this to you. Ummmmm, No.  
Just because you aren't afraid of something doesn't it mean it can't kill you...

29. Re: Battlefield 3 Trailer Mar 16, 2011, 21:49 DukeFNukem

Agreed. How many ***ng times does a regular sniper whos any good at all just keep reloading his rifle, and keep shooting, until he is shot dead himself.
A normal sniper would have shot and fled. Not kept reloading and reshooting 87 times. It is a laughable scripted event.

But the game engine, is sweet as honey. Thank God for multiplayer.

Just because you aren't afraid of something doesn't it mean it can't kill you...

28. Re: Battlefield 3 Trailer Mar 16, 2011, 21:07 Morgan19

What is wrong with that page?

I'm going to assume that the video actually works, given the number of comments here, but I tried firing up the video at least a half-dozen times this afternoon and it always just sat on "loading" no matter how long I wait.

I eventually just found it on YouTube, which loaded instantly. >_<

27. Re: Battlefield 3 Trailer Mar 16, 2011, 20:14 Fion

Bad Company 2 was easily the best of these scripted shooters, so I'm hoping Battlefield 3 will rock. I agree the sniper completely sucked, he kept firing when he didn't have a target, revealing his position.

Still, I'm getting sick of these 4 hour 'join the military' advertisements.. er military shooter games.

26. Re: Battlefield 3 Trailer Mar 16, 2011, 20:06 Jackplug

fuck yeah...  

25. Re: Battlefield 3 Trailer Mar 16, 2011, 19:58 nutshell42

Creston wrote on Mar 16, 2011, 18:38:
True, though the soldiers identify the guy as using a .50 cal. Somehow I doubt even terrorist organizations hand those out to every Joe Schmoe. Also, didn't this same sniper take out two of the squad with pretty precise shots in the first video?

We don't know that it is the same guy. Perhaps they succeeded in killing the guy in the first video but this new one picked up his gun. Or he's got terrible accuracy but lots of cash.

His aim is bad for the range but they never present a static target. Hitting a moving target requires a lot more skill.

24. Re: Battlefield 3 Trailer Mar 16, 2011, 19:52 DarkCntry

One thing a lot of people forget about snipers, real snipers, is that they are an arm for psychological warfare as well as general.

With their ability (trained marksmen anyways) to attempt to never reveal their location they can really demoralize opposing forces. You never really even have to actually hit anyone for them to be a successful mission, get them to the point that they are shook up enough that they blindly fire wasting what ammunition they have, take more chances in running around making them a better target, or even to the point to make them paranoid enough to actually shoot each other if they get separated.

23. Re: Battlefield 3 Trailer Mar 16, 2011, 19:41 Hump

same bland nearly black & white color palette as 2142.

color is a GOOD thing guys......

----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad

22. Re: Battlefield 3 Trailer Mar 16, 2011, 19:35 Elvis

tech/rendering rats can go here to read up on Frostbite 2's use of DX11, SPU-based deferred shading on the PS3, culling, lighting and a news transparency technique:

http://repi.blogspot.com/2011/03/dice-at-gdc11.html

21. Re: Battlefield 3 Trailer Mar 16, 2011, 19:34 timesten

Teddy wrote on Mar 16, 2011, 17:05:
Wallshadows wrote on Mar 16, 2011, 16:23:
You cannot call a sniper someone who consistently misses and fires wildly. It's a stupid way to build tension for the player when you realize your enemy suffers from Parkinson's disease while looking through the scope.

Despite what movies and video games have sold you, not all snipers are especially skilled. While the common thought is that snipers are high level marksman, that's simply because in a high level military organization, they are. Rogue factions, Terrorists, etc, don't necessarily have the same level training.

All that's required for one to meet the definition of "sniper" is to be one who fires from a concealed place.

It also doesn't require the use of weapons people like to label as "sniper rifles". A 10 year old hidden in a building taking pot shots at people with an AK47 is still a sniper.

my csb:

my uncle tells a story of when he was in vietnam. there was a sniper that was hassling the camp for the first week he was there. one day he sees the muzzle flash when the sniper fires at his general position. my uncle grabs a rifle and starts to take aim. a superior yells at my uncle not to fire, saying " that guy has been shooting at us for 2 months and not hit a thing, if you kill him they may replace him with one that can aim."

also, the video does look great. i liked the multiplayer of bc2, but i miss the random objectives of enemy territory. its still just a box to arm, but it adds to the feel.

20. Re: Battlefield 3 Trailer Mar 16, 2011, 19:25 Sphinx

You don't understand, bigspender, I wanna gripe, bitch, and moan NOW  
-Sphinx

19. Re: Battlefield 3 Trailer Mar 16, 2011, 19:11 bigspender

omg you guys, its a game, you know, for ENTERTAINMENT. Just enjoy the ride and don't worry about the realistic values - its not like battlefield has EVER been about realism, its an arcady FPS in a real world setting, not trying to be a simulator like those ARMA games.

Of course they aren't going to show you the jets and tanks in the first trailer, the marketing guys will have them ready to show off before the game nears release.

Everything they have shown so far looks amazing.

Adults are just children that are allowed to make their own decisions.

18. Re: Battlefield 3 Trailer Mar 16, 2011, 18:38 Creston

Teddy wrote on Mar 16, 2011, 17:05:
Wallshadows wrote on Mar 16, 2011, 16:23:
You cannot call a sniper someone who consistently misses and fires wildly. It's a stupid way to build tension for the player when you realize your enemy suffers from Parkinson's disease while looking through the scope.

Despite what movies and video games have sold you, not all snipers are especially skilled. While the common thought is that snipers are high level marksman, that's simply because in a high level military organization, they are. Rogue factions, Terrorists, etc, don't necessarily have the same level training.

All that's required for one to meet the definition of "sniper" is to be one who fires from a concealed place.

It also doesn't require the use of weapons people like to label as "sniper rifles". A 10 year old hidden in a building taking pot shots at people with an AK47 is still a sniper.

True, though the soldiers identify the guy as using a .50 cal. Somehow I doubt even terrorist organizations hand those out to every Joe Schmoe. Also, didn't this same sniper take out two of the squad with pretty precise shots in the first video?

All in all, he's got a supremely shitty aim, especially at fifty feet. He should have played more videogames when growing up.

Creston

17. Re: Battlefield 3 Trailer Mar 16, 2011, 18:31 Rain

I like how their boots were kicking up all kinds of dirt or something while walking on the brick/concret roof.  

"Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at an Elingsh uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer is at the rghit pclae..."
------------------------------------------------

16. Re: Battlefield 3 Trailer Mar 16, 2011, 18:02 badasscat

Agreed,..where are the jets and big ticket items....

/loving World of Tanks anyway,,....

15. Re: Battlefield 3 Trailer Mar 16, 2011, 17:29 Sphinx

There's one slight problem with these trailers so far and that is the severe lack of armor action.

-Sphinx

34 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo