Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

BioShock 2 Patch

A new patch for the Windows edition of BioShock 2 is now available, updating the first-person shooter sequel to version 1.4, enabling support for the new free Protector Trials DLC. The patch is available on GamePron, Gamer's Hell, and The Patches Scrolls. The patch notes follow, including word that this "Dramatically increases Single Player GFWL sign-in time due to added GFWL sign-in bug," which may be a typo.

• Fixed unlocalized text in Customize Controls screen.
  • Player mouse functionality no longer drops out when the Video Card Driver Warning appears.
  • User.ini no longer overwritten when game loads. This should address mouse sensitivity issues as well as many v-sync option bugs.
  • Enables BioShock 2 to play the new Protector Trials DLC
  • Changes the game version # visibly displayed in the Single Player main menu to Version 1.4
  • Enables music in the game's Single Player main menu (console versions already had this... for PC, the music was always included in the game files, but it didn't play)
  • Overwrites User.ini on installation, so you'll lose your Single Player keybinds
  • Dramatically increases Single Player GFWL sign-in time due to added GFWL sign-in bug

View
11. Re: BioShock 2 Patch Mar 16, 2011, 19:03 Rockn-Roll

Silicon Avatar wrote on Mar 16, 2011, 17:21:
So is this game any good yet? I skipped it on release.

I liked the first one though.

Yes...it's an excellent game. If you get it in the original release retail box then beware that it did not support true widescreen settings...they simply increased resolution both in the horiz. and vert. directions then cropped, so if you select 16:9 or 16:10 the screen will be chopped off so that only about 2/3 of the horiz. view is displayed. But, they did patch it so for widescreen gaming you will need to patch it either by risking GFWL or trying one of the unofficial patches available at fileplanet, bigdownload, etc. I used a spare computer to install BioShock 2 and logon to GFWL and patched it...then copied the patched files to my gaming rig.

Let's Rock!
Previous Post Next Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. Mar 16, 10:28 Re: BioShock 2 Patch nin
  2. Mar 16, 11:24 Re: BioShock 2 Patch MajorD
  3. Mar 16, 11:31 Re: BioShock 2 Patch Umbragen
  4. Mar 16, 12:58 Re: BioShock 2 Patch StingingVelvet
  5. Mar 16, 13:09  Re: BioShock 2 Patch MajorD
  6. Mar 16, 14:06 Re: BioShock 2 Patch Sempai
  7. Mar 16, 15:07  Re: BioShock 2 Patch rist3903
  8. Mar 16, 15:10 Re: BioShock 2 Patch Rockn-Roll
  9. Mar 16, 17:21 Re: BioShock 2 Patch Silicon Avatar