Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

BioShock 2 Patch

A new patch for the Windows edition of BioShock 2 is now available, updating the first-person shooter sequel to version 1.4, enabling support for the new free Protector Trials DLC. The patch is available on GamePron, Gamer's Hell, and The Patches Scrolls. The patch notes follow, including word that this "Dramatically increases Single Player GFWL sign-in time due to added GFWL sign-in bug," which may be a typo.

• Fixed unlocalized text in Customize Controls screen.
  • Player mouse functionality no longer drops out when the Video Card Driver Warning appears.
  • User.ini no longer overwritten when game loads. This should address mouse sensitivity issues as well as many v-sync option bugs.
  • Enables BioShock 2 to play the new Protector Trials DLC
  • Changes the game version # visibly displayed in the Single Player main menu to Version 1.4
  • Enables music in the game's Single Player main menu (console versions already had this... for PC, the music was always included in the game files, but it didn't play)
  • Overwrites User.ini on installation, so you'll lose your Single Player keybinds
  • Dramatically increases Single Player GFWL sign-in time due to added GFWL sign-in bug

View
12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

12. Re: BioShock 2 Patch Mar 17, 2011, 20:12 Overon

This bargain bin game is worth getting if you liked bioshock 1 and you are not going to to be shocked by lack of widescreen support, poor mouse controls, you now, the same things that were wrong with bioshock 1.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

11. Re: BioShock 2 Patch Mar 16, 2011, 19:03 Rockn-Roll

Silicon Avatar wrote on Mar 16, 2011, 17:21:
So is this game any good yet? I skipped it on release.

I liked the first one though.

Yes...it's an excellent game. If you get it in the original release retail box then beware that it did not support true widescreen settings...they simply increased resolution both in the horiz. and vert. directions then cropped, so if you select 16:9 or 16:10 the screen will be chopped off so that only about 2/3 of the horiz. view is displayed. But, they did patch it so for widescreen gaming you will need to patch it either by risking GFWL or trying one of the unofficial patches available at fileplanet, bigdownload, etc. I used a spare computer to install BioShock 2 and logon to GFWL and patched it...then copied the patched files to my gaming rig.

Let's Rock!

10. Re: BioShock 2 Patch Mar 16, 2011, 18:15 StingingVelvet

Silicon Avatar wrote on Mar 16, 2011, 17:21:

It's basically an expansion, it's just more Bioshock. If you want that play it, if not don't. GFWL is relatively optional for singleplayer, you can use an offline profile and then set it to never bother you.

9. Re: BioShock 2 Patch Mar 16, 2011, 17:21 Silicon Avatar

8. Re: BioShock 2 Patch Mar 16, 2011, 15:10 Rockn-Roll

Overwrites User.ini on installation, so you'll lose your Single Player keybinds

They have got to be joking! Don't they have any computer programmers that can read their own user.ini file and write the existing settings to the new file?

Dramatically increases Single Player GFWL sign-in time due to added GFWL sign-in bug

This is no typo. Apparently 2K is as frustrated with GFWL as the players are. The "bug" being referred to is due to the GFWL Client being a port of the console system. Apparently console systems don't have a local security policy that users can change like they can in Windows, so GFWL assumes it can do anything in Windows which it can on the console.

When Windows is installed it allows everyone to access the computer from the network...except for the "Guest" account. For security reasons I change this to indicate that nobody can access my computer from the network...this one and only change prevents GFWL from working. From this effect I interpret that GFWL is trying to access my computer using Windows credentials that either it collected while running on my system and transmitted to its server...or a credential that Windows has available as a backdoor...or some method which Microsoft is not telling us about which requires a remote system to logon to my computer. If I allow access to my computer from the network then GFWL works, but so would hacks which impersonate Windows accounts. As long as Steam is available I can maintain a secured system and play games on the same system...even if someone steals my username and password. If GFWL continues to be used by PC games then the door for hackers will continue to be open...bet you didn't know that did you?

Let's Rock!

7. Re: BioShock 2 Patch Mar 16, 2011, 15:07 rist3903

It is absolutely hilarious that they would mention this in the patch notes as if it were a positive change.  

6. Re: BioShock 2 Patch Mar 16, 2011, 14:06 Sempai

Dramatically increases Single Player GFWL sign-in time due to added GFWL sign-in bug

If this doesn't solidify just what a piece of steamy shit Microsuck and it's abomination GFWL is and has been since day one then i don't know what else to tell ya folks.

A year later 2k finally gets around to fixing there bullshit in Bioshock 2.
Here's hoping they release Minerva's den before i die of old age.

And fuckass dev's like Epic STILL insist on shoe horning GFWL onto paying PC customers, CliffyB you should be cock slapped you little fucking douche bucket.

Have a great day!

5. Re: BioShock 2 Patch Mar 16, 2011, 13:09 MajorD

StingingVelvet wrote on Mar 16, 2011, 12:58:
Wake me up when Minerva's Den comes out.

Sorry dude, I think we'll all be asleep from waiting.....

4. Re: BioShock 2 Patch Mar 16, 2011, 12:58 StingingVelvet

Wake me up when Minerva's Den comes out.  

3. Re: BioShock 2 Patch Mar 16, 2011, 11:31 Umbragen

And here I thought GFWL was a feature...  

2. Re: BioShock 2 Patch Mar 16, 2011, 11:24 MajorD

2K + GFWL = SNAFU!!!

1. Re: BioShock 2 Patch Mar 16, 2011, 10:28 nin

The patch notes, follow, including word that this "Dramatically increases Single Player GFWL sign-in time due to added GFWL sign-in bug."

fuckin awesome!

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo