Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

BioShock 2 Patch

A new patch for the Windows edition of BioShock 2 is now available, updating the first-person shooter sequel to version 1.4, enabling support for the new free Protector Trials DLC. The patch is available on GamePron, Gamer's Hell, and The Patches Scrolls. The patch notes follow, including word that this "Dramatically increases Single Player GFWL sign-in time due to added GFWL sign-in bug," which may be a typo.

• Fixed unlocalized text in Customize Controls screen.
  • Player mouse functionality no longer drops out when the Video Card Driver Warning appears.
  • User.ini no longer overwritten when game loads. This should address mouse sensitivity issues as well as many v-sync option bugs.
  • Enables BioShock 2 to play the new Protector Trials DLC
  • Changes the game version # visibly displayed in the Single Player main menu to Version 1.4
  • Enables music in the game's Single Player main menu (console versions already had this... for PC, the music was always included in the game files, but it didn't play)
  • Overwrites User.ini on installation, so you'll lose your Single Player keybinds
  • Dramatically increases Single Player GFWL sign-in time due to added GFWL sign-in bug

View
8. Re: BioShock 2 Patch Mar 16, 2011, 15:10 Rockn-Roll

Overwrites User.ini on installation, so you'll lose your Single Player keybinds

They have got to be joking! Don't they have any computer programmers that can read their own user.ini file and write the existing settings to the new file?

Dramatically increases Single Player GFWL sign-in time due to added GFWL sign-in bug

This is no typo. Apparently 2K is as frustrated with GFWL as the players are. The "bug" being referred to is due to the GFWL Client being a port of the console system. Apparently console systems don't have a local security policy that users can change like they can in Windows, so GFWL assumes it can do anything in Windows which it can on the console.

When Windows is installed it allows everyone to access the computer from the network...except for the "Guest" account. For security reasons I change this to indicate that nobody can access my computer from the network...this one and only change prevents GFWL from working. From this effect I interpret that GFWL is trying to access my computer using Windows credentials that either it collected while running on my system and transmitted to its server...or a credential that Windows has available as a backdoor...or some method which Microsoft is not telling us about which requires a remote system to logon to my computer. If I allow access to my computer from the network then GFWL works, but so would hacks which impersonate Windows accounts. As long as Steam is available I can maintain a secured system and play games on the same system...even if someone steals my username and password. If GFWL continues to be used by PC games then the door for hackers will continue to be open...bet you didn't know that did you?

Let's Rock!
Previous Post Next Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. Mar 16, 10:28 Re: BioShock 2 Patch nin
  2. Mar 16, 11:24 Re: BioShock 2 Patch MajorD
  3. Mar 16, 11:31 Re: BioShock 2 Patch Umbragen
  4. Mar 16, 12:58 Re: BioShock 2 Patch StingingVelvet
  5. Mar 16, 13:09  Re: BioShock 2 Patch MajorD
  6. Mar 16, 14:06 Re: BioShock 2 Patch Sempai
  7. Mar 16, 15:07  Re: BioShock 2 Patch rist3903
>> 8. Mar 16, 15:10 Re: BioShock 2 Patch Rockn-Roll
  9. Mar 16, 17:21 Re: BioShock 2 Patch Silicon Avatar