Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

World of Tanks Clan Wars Signups

World of Tanks is now offering Clan Wars signups for North American and European players of this MMOTPS. Here's word on what they call a separate game layer: "Clan Wars concept revolves around the Global Map divided into a number of provinces each providing a particular revenue stream, with hundreds of clans fighting for gaining control over them. Comprehensive diplomatic and economic systems will provide a wide array of options to wage war for global domination not only on tank battlefields but at bargaining tables as well."

View
9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

9. Re: World of Tanks Clan Wars Signups Mar 17, 2011, 11:20 MxxCon

100,000 credits an hour, that's 10 hours of grind to get enough credits for KV3, the next one up is 25 hours, the next one up is 36 hours. and that's credits only to buy tanks themselves, not counting required upgrades(not even talking about 'all' upgrades).

i call it grind because of a very steep increase required to progress from earlier tanks. if they would make the progress more linear i'd have no problems with it.

the game's mechanics are always pushing you to upgrade to a higher tier, therefore you have no choice but grind and grind. you can't easily keep every single tank you played with. you have a limited number of slots in your garage so you are forced to dump lower tanks to make room for larger ones.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. Re: World of Tanks Clan Wars Signups Mar 17, 2011, 09:48 InBlack

Ozmodan wrote on Mar 16, 2011, 11:35:
Ridiculously overpowered Russian tanks and major issues with cover make this game a joke. Couple that it is strictly pay to win means I really feel very sorry for anyone playing this game.

While true that there are balancing issues the thing to remember is that this is a BETA. The german Tiger and Maus are the only tanks affected by the mantle bug (which is being worked on and will be fixed by the next patch) everything else is pure player conjecture.

People are approaching this game from the wrong angles, if you think of it as a tactical FPS instead of an MMO you forget about the grind (which really isnt that bad) and simply have fun gaming.

Player skill is a big must, you cant have all skills at 100% and everything on the tank maxed out and expect to win. People coming from WoW dont seem to get that. Good team-mates and proper tank operation is essential. I earn about 100,000 credits in a solid hour of gaming. Two hours if its not my day and I end up loosing a lot of games.

I have a nifty blue line!

7. Re: World of Tanks Clan Wars Signups Mar 16, 2011, 20:56 MxxCon

You DO NOT get gold coins while offline. During the beta you get 250 coins every 24 hours. You just happened to be offline when they give them to you.
Once the game live supposedly you have to pay real $ to buy in-game gold coins.
However, all is not lost. If you play a fully researched tank, any xp you get goes toward a common experience pool where you can convert that xp into gold coins.

Even though this game is very addictive, it's an insane grindfest. On par if not even more than Korean MMOs. I'm playing Russian line and to go from an artillery tank that i have right now to the next level up I have to have ~190,000 research points! During a usual match i get 500-700 research points, and up to ~1700 research points during a really successful match. I also have a KV-1 tank. To go from it to the next level up, KV-3, I need to have 21,000 research points(which is not that bad), but once I researched it I found out that I need 1 MILLION credits to actually buy it! During a normal game I get ~20,000 credits. And I'm just about to reach the middle tier of tanks.
Going all the way to the top is going to take an insane amount of time.

6. Re: World of Tanks Clan Wars Signups Mar 16, 2011, 20:09 Nate

Nice they are adding this layer to the game. I did enjoy the beta for a while but Rift is consuming all my time now.  

5. Re: World of Tanks Clan Wars Signups Mar 16, 2011, 16:37 TurdFergasun

well you only earn coin while you offline during the beta. credits, and research XP you get for battle, gold you'll have purchase after release. but yes, this game is pure crack. some russian tanks are overpowered, but there is some balance to it as each nation has overpowered tanks of their own. the russian tanks have higher armor and dmg, but much lower accuracy and fire rate than the german tanks, and the armor is not just down to thickness, but also the angle. good tanks will ricochet alot of shots. the american tanks i really don't have much experience, but the t32 seems ok, their guns are somewhere inbetween the russian and german's.  

4. Re: World of Tanks Clan Wars Signups Mar 16, 2011, 14:21 Dirwulf

I've been playing since closed beta. It can quite easily suck away an entire evening. You earn coin while your offline and it doesn't take very long to earn enough to buy your XP boosts. You're matched against players of the same relative level, so you aren't getting owned by people who have more time to earn more coin. Its not very deep, but neither is Counterstrike.

I love playing Arty. So much fun to take people out when they can't even see you.

3. Re: World of Tanks Clan Wars Signups Mar 16, 2011, 12:03 Mad Jackson

I play US tanks (w/ some German tank destroyers) and haven't paid a dime, yet I win more than I lose. Perhaps just not your game Ozmodan?

If you haven't played it, try it out - it's free for God's sake. I've had a ton of fun w/ over 500 tank battles so far. Can't wait for Clan Wars. w00t!

2. Re: World of Tanks Clan Wars Signups Mar 16, 2011, 11:35 Ozmodan

Ridiculously overpowered Russian tanks and major issues with cover make this game a joke. Couple that it is strictly pay to win means I really feel very sorry for anyone playing this game.  

1. Re: World of Tanks Clan Wars Signups Mar 16, 2011, 10:37 InBlack

This game has taken over 99% of my free time. My girlfriend hates me. Right now Clan Warfare isnt implemented yet and I doubt will be before release. But its damn fun game nontheless.  

I have a nifty blue line!

9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo