Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Ubisoft Distributing AC Brotherhood Soundtrack from Torrent?

A thread on Reddit has screenshots suggesting the Assassin's Creed Brotherhood soundtrack being distributed to those who have preordered the digital deluxe edition of the stealth/action sequel was actually downloaded from a ripped version of the soundtrack being illicitly distributed via torrent. We asked Ubisoft whether this is the case, and if so, why, but have not received a reply. Thanks nin via Kotaku, where they note the similarities between this allegation and an incident a few years ago when the copy of Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas 2 distributed via Direct2Drive used a pirate no-CD crack.

View
9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

9. Re: Ubisoft Distributing AC Brotherhood Soundtrack from Torrent? Mar 16, 2011, 08:40 necrosis

nin wrote on Mar 15, 2011, 22:02:

That might have been my link, I think. Reading there and IO9 is downright painful these days. It's like they designed it for an ipad, and fuck everyone else.
Um no. The new site design actually works **WORSE** on iOS devices. You can not scroll the right part where the list of topics is on a touch screen. Hell you can not scroll it if you have a mouse that has no wheel.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. Re: Ubisoft Distributing AC Brotherhood Soundtrack from Torrent? Mar 16, 2011, 07:18 J

Popcorn  

7. Re: Ubisoft Distributing AC Brotherhood Soundtrack from Torrent? Mar 16, 2011, 02:01 Dev

Probably the ubi guy who had responsibility to get the digital deluxe edition setup, couldn't find the CD, and didn't want to embarrass himself by asking his boss, so he grabbed it from the nearest handy source, which happened to be teh intarwebs.  

6. Re: Ubisoft Distributing AC Brotherhood Soundtrack from Torrent? Mar 16, 2011, 00:16 Creston

Fucking pirates!!1!1!1!!!

"There are no legitimate uses for peer to peer filesharing software. None."

- RIAA

Rolleyes

Creston

5. Re: Ubisoft Distributing AC Brotherhood Soundtrack from Torrent? Mar 15, 2011, 23:40 Parallax Abstraction

nin wrote on Mar 15, 2011, 22:02:

That might have been my link, I think. Reading there and IO9 is downright painful these days. It's like they designed it for an ipad, and fuck everyone else.

Sounds like the attitude of most Apple fans.

Parallax Abstraction
Geek Bravado | YouTube (Watch/Rate/Comment on my shows!)

4. Re: Ubisoft Distributing AC Brotherhood Soundtrack from Torrent? Mar 15, 2011, 22:02 nin

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

3. Re: Ubisoft Distributing AC Brotherhood Soundtrack from Torrent? Mar 15, 2011, 21:54 necrosis

Hehe. I like how Blue linked to Kotaku's mobile site.

You hate their redesign too?

2. Re: Ubisoft Distributing AC Brotherhood Soundtrack from Torrent? Mar 15, 2011, 21:01 vermin

Hehehe. Nice.  

1. Re: Ubisoft Distributing AC Brotherhood Soundtrack from Torrent? Mar 15, 2011, 20:17 Tim Collins

hypocrisy  

9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo