Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

EA ♥s Fox News

IndustryGamers quotes Frank Gibeau on the topic of Fox News, and the EA Games label president is actually quite pleased with the free publicity they have been provided thanks to the network's vitriolic attacks on video games. "We love Fox News. They're bold... I’m serious," he tells them. "Look, when you’re building new IPs and you’re building games and you’re looking at an entertainment audience, they see a lot of messages. Controversy isn’t a bad thing. I personally believe you should court controversy." He goes into more detail on the help this provides:

"You should do it in a way that matches the creative integrity of the game. You shouldn’t do it in a gratuitous way, but if it matches the creativity of the game… I loved it when Fox News did the lesbian aliens on Mass Effect. I love when they covered the Taliban; I loved it when they covered the Bulletstorm stuff. In each one of those cases, it was true to the game and we were trying to do something creatively. The fact that their point of view is different than ours and represented an audience out there is fine by me. I felt we could stand up and defend what we did and be aggressive about it and be proud of it."

View
23 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

23. Re: EA &#9829;s Fox News Mar 15, 2011, 16:06 space captain

mt2e wrote on Mar 15, 2011, 09:40:
I personally like watching Fox News because of the quality of the broadcast and am less concerned about which way they lean.

what? the way they lean IS the broadcast, its endless subjective commentary passed off as "journalism"

Go forth, and kill!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

22. Re: EA &#9829;s Fox News Mar 15, 2011, 09:40 Tim Collins

I personally like watching Fox News because of the quality of the broadcast and am less concerned about which way they lean. They obviously lean in the spectrum of the right. As a knowledgeable person I am able to distinguish and separate the bias from the factual news. That said...I don't like the mentioning of Fox News and EA in the same title and article, it makes me cringe.  

21. Re: Thief 4 Image Mar 15, 2011, 09:09 CythrawL

AnointedSword wrote on Mar 15, 2011, 03:07:
lol Interesting...let us see what side bluenews peops take. EA the so called evil empire or Foxnews the evil media that spews lies. lol

I like foxnews because they are one of the less left leaning networks out there. With that said, I will keep my bias out of it.

I suggest you watch this: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0418038/

and also read this : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fox_News_Channel_controversies

They are far from "Fair & Balanced" as they claim. and anything owned by Rupert Murdoch you can bet your left nut that its politically motivated to those he donates his money to (See Lobbyist)

20. Re: EA &#9829;s Fox News Mar 15, 2011, 09:08 JoeNapalm

People who think that all publicity is good and thrive on being the center of controversy probably didn't get hugged enough as children.

Seriously...this is juvenile behavior. If I can't get GOOD attention, I can get BAD attention, and it's still attention!

Listen, Frank - if you make a good enough game, everyone will talk about it. Trust me. I realize your way is easier...setting the bar as low as possible usually is.

"Creative integrity"...from EA... Laugh

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist

19. Re: EA &#9829;s Fox News Mar 15, 2011, 07:34 Shagwood

Some would rather call individual or groups of individuals names rather than fix what is broken.

AnointedJackass ....this sums up your Fox News and the Wingnuts to a tee! BRAVO!

18. Re: EA &#9829;s Fox News Mar 15, 2011, 06:25 Agrajag

I love when they covered the Taliban ... In each one of those cases, it was true to the game and we were trying to do something creatively. ... I felt we could stand up and defend what we did and be aggressive about it and be proud of it.

Now, wait just a minute... Am I misremembering, or didn't EA cave in on the Taliban thing, and ultimately censor its own game?? If so, that takes a lot of balls to bring that up as a moment to be proud of...

17. Re: EA &#9829;s Fox News Mar 15, 2011, 06:05 Buckermann

Rilcon wrote on Mar 15, 2011, 03:38:
I like foxnews because they are one of the less left leaning networks out there.

I really can't tell if I'm getting trolled here. I kind of hope so, though.
There is a reason that most people here ignore him(her?). Just check his posting history.

16. Re: EA &#9829;s Fox News Mar 15, 2011, 05:41 reisub

Hump wrote on Mar 15, 2011, 00:07:
...And lets be clear, the whining comes from both the left & right.
I didn't realise there was a left in the US any more.

15. Re: EA &#9829;s Fox News Mar 15, 2011, 04:46 Zoom

(nvm wrong newspost i need coffee)  

14. Re: EA &#9829;s Fox News Mar 15, 2011, 03:38 Rilcon

I like foxnews because they are one of the less left leaning networks out there.

I really can't tell if I'm getting trolled here. I kind of hope so, though.

13. No subject Mar 15, 2011, 03:07 AnointedSword

lol Interesting...let us see what side bluenews peops take. EA the so called evil empire or Foxnews the evil media that spews lies. lol

I like foxnews because they are one of the less left leaning networks out there. With that said, I will keep my bias out of it. Are we all for EA now? lol Laughable. You know what? I like what this guy said. I like having debate over bashing each other. See, one side has less facts the side with the weakest argument should cave. Instead we have people that are so proud they do not want to admit to the numbers, the facts, the media coverage, or even admit they are wrong. Some would rather call individual or groups of individuals names rather than fix what is broken.

If you were right, I would be agreeing with you.

12. Re: EA &#9829;s Fox News Mar 15, 2011, 01:09 killer_roach

Hump wrote on Mar 15, 2011, 00:07:
FINALLY!

A suit with a pair of balls. I have gotten SO sick of corporate pussies kowtowing to minorities and special interest groups by backpedaling and even changing game content to appease these whining babies. And lets be clear, the whining comes from both the left & right.

Once in awhile EA surprises me.

It tells me one thing: Bulletstorm sold pretty damn well.

11. Re: EA &#9829;s Fox News Mar 15, 2011, 00:07 Hump

FINALLY!

A suit with a pair of balls. I have gotten SO sick of corporate pussies kowtowing to minorities and special interest groups by backpedaling and even changing game content to appease these whining babies. And lets be clear, the whining comes from both the left & right.

Once in awhile EA surprises me.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad

10. Re: Thief 4 Image Mar 14, 2011, 23:53 killer_roach

CythrawL wrote on Mar 14, 2011, 23:31:
Totally not surprising that EA <3's Fox News.

Fox News is a media outlet that drives on people's fear. According to Fox News Violent crime is up, people buy guns to defend themselves, because those who watch that garbage are afraid. Actual facts are that violent crime is at the lowest its been in 30 years.

Granted, I don't watch much cable news, and when I'm watching Fox it's usually Fox Business, but I've never heard anything contrary to the reality of the situation with regards to the violent crime rates.

CNN, on the other hand...

9. Re: EA &#9829;s Fox News Mar 14, 2011, 23:36 eRe4s3r

He means that Fox news starts a pointless controversy that they (EA) can then with much publicity respond against through other more "legit" channels. This serves them as free PR and they subvert Fox News by not responding to Fox News' claim ON Fox News.  

8. Re: Thief 4 Image Mar 14, 2011, 23:31 CythrawL

Totally not surprising that EA <3's Fox News.

Fox News is a media outlet that drives on people's fear. According to Fox News Violent crime is up, people buy guns to defend themselves, because those who watch that garbage are afraid. Actual facts are that violent crime is at the lowest its been in 30 years.

They target games on numerous occasions to drive fear at what "our children" are playing. Mis-quoting to get the facts "balanced and fair"

Anyone who watches any mainstream news media is being brainwashed, just more so with Fox...

7. Re: EA &#9829;s Fox News Mar 14, 2011, 22:49 Suddenly_Dead

Umbragen wrote on Mar 14, 2011, 21:31:
I don't think this guy is familiar with Fox New's audience.

I'd best most of them weren't going to buy the games anyways. It's the family members of the Fox News audience (my mom doesn't want me to play this game, it must be AWESOME), it's the countless blogs and other outlets that report on Fox's reporting on the games, it's the general buzz they help develop.

6. Re: EA <3s Fox News Mar 14, 2011, 22:38 brn

At a time when the Supreme Court is deciding whether gaming needs special legal restrictions imposed on it, I'm not sure this is the best way to go. If the decision comes down against gaming, I'd like to see a follow-up done with Mr. Gibeau.  

5. Re: EA &#9829;s Fox News Mar 14, 2011, 22:36 Flatline

I was totally about to post "Dear EA: When Stardock's head guy got caught saying crap like this, I stopped shopping with them entirely. Thanks for finally killing off my desire to buy Mass Effect 3."

Then I read his quote. He loves that Fox gets their titties twisted and generate controversy over relatively tame video games.

So I guess I can live with EA loving Fox because they're stupid and are prone to over-react.

4. Re: EA &#9829;s Fox News Mar 14, 2011, 22:20 nin

Damn MB, I've not seen you around in awhile.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

23 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo