Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Prototype 2 Trailer

A new "Heller Throws Down' trailer from Prototype 2 features a slow motion look at the protagonist in Radical Entertainment's upcoming action sequel offering an exit strategy to a Blackwatch guard, who fails to stick the landing. Here's the embedded clip.

View
9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

9. Re: Prototype 2 Trailer Mar 16, 2011, 00:33 Jerykk

Prototype 2 - we don't show anything about the story or new game design twists we developed, because it won't be important. All we need is brainless destruction.

I think that's kind of the point. Prototype wasn't about a moving storyline or deeply profound gameplay. It was about jumping and gliding across a city, throwing cars and causing mass destruction. It was good fun for 15-20 hours, before the inevitable tediousness of open-world action game design (a.k.a. generic and shallow missions) started to kick in.

I hope that Prototype 2 has more unique and compelling side-missions.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. Re: Prototype 2 Trailer Mar 15, 2011, 11:23 Steele Johnson

Yeah, I was one of the suckers that bought the first one. Bored 1 hour into play.  

7. Re: Prototype 2 Trailer Mar 15, 2011, 09:35 Beamer

All we need is brainless destruction.

I didn't play the first, but yes. Yes indeed. If they give me a sandbox to creatively destroy I am interested. Plot twists don't matter to me as few games have good plots anyway. I'll enjoy them in the ones that do and look for gameplay in the rest.

This was just a demonstration of the engine. And it has me very intrigued.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

6. Re: Prototype 2 Trailer Mar 15, 2011, 09:04 gilly775

Nothing like mindless violence to begin the morning. Man, I wish my work required an hour of Just Cause 2 to get going in the morning  

5. Re: Prototype 2 Trailer Mar 15, 2011, 07:48 Golwar

Prototype 2 - we don't show anything about the story or new game design twists we developed, because it won't be important. All we need is brainless destruction.

I'd rather pick another Zombie game.

4. Re: Prototype 2 Trailer Mar 15, 2011, 05:48 Dr. D. Schreber

I'm going to assume my sarcasm detector is failing spectacularly.  

NOT THE BEES! NOT THE BEES THEY'RE IN MY EYES AARRGRHGHGGAFHGHFGHFG!

3. Re: Prototype 2 Trailer Mar 15, 2011, 05:03 Asmo

I thought the splash down was just a cue to show off Heller tearing assholes again...

*shrug* Original was a fun little game even if it got a bit tedious towards the end, second one should be worth a play.

2. Re: Prototype 2 Trailer Mar 15, 2011, 02:58 Jerykk

While the tentacle bomb thing was misleading, I'm pretty sure you'll be able to throw dudes quite a distance, which was the main appeal to me in this video.  

1. Re: Prototype 2 Trailer Mar 14, 2011, 21:23 The Half Elf

Calling BS on this one. It appears the guy that is being thrown becomes a explosive tentacle bomb when he lands but pausing the video you see it's someone just standing there using the abilites from the first game.

Roughly 3 shots all cut together, for what looked like a really cool new power.

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo