Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Prey 2 Revealed

French website NoFrag has a cover image of the next issue of French gaming magazine Joystick, which shows their cover story to be a Prey 2 reveal, indicating a follow-up is in the works to the first-person shooter. There are no details yet, but the accompanying blurb says "personne ne l'attendait mais ca va changer!" NoFrag helped us with a translation, saying this means "Nobody was expecting it, but that's going to change!" The original Prey was developed by Human Head Studios for now mostly defunct 3D Realms, but the rights to the franchise now belong to id Software and Bethesda Softworks parent company Zenimax.

View
13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

13. Re: Prey 2 Revealed Mar 12, 2011, 21:59 zirik

Elf Shot The Food wrote on Mar 11, 2011, 21:01:
The first one had a great first hour, aka the demo area. Once you passed that you had pretty much seen and experienced everything the game had to offer.

yeah, i like watching the official trailer of prey. the dialogue was edited better than the game. but they showed everything including a hint at how the game ends. but likewise, i enjoyed the demo part. right before everything goes into low earth orbit and the vomit inducing wall climbing. i do hope they get george noory back to do the radio station chatter about UFOs.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

12. Re: Prey 2 Revealed Mar 12, 2011, 13:32 Heltorne

Hell yeah I can't wait!

Weirdly I remember around 1998 I think I was waiting on a game called PREY that sounded awesome with an original idea concerning portals..etc..

It got put on hold and finally the game came out a few years ago and it kicked ass!
Even though it's not used in the exact same way Prey should be given props for doing the whole portal thing before Portal.
Not to mention the game is just plain out FUN with cool environments. I really miss games like that. Hopefully with Duke Nukem coming out ..etc...it will change things from this whole realistic shooter thing.

11. Re: Prey 2 Revealed Mar 12, 2011, 00:27 Jerykk

I liked Prey. It was infinitely more interesting than CoD, MoH or any other generic military shooter that's gained prominence in the past decade. I hope they go even more crazy with Prey 2.  

10. Re: Prey 2 Revealed Mar 11, 2011, 21:02 DangerDog

I hope they bring back those vagina doorways from the first one.  

9. Re: Prey 2 Revealed Mar 11, 2011, 21:01 Elf Shot The Food

The first one had a great first hour, aka the demo area. Once you passed that you had pretty much seen and experienced everything the game had to offer.

Hopefully they take a page out of Portal's book and do some interesting things with portals instead of just using them to spawn in monsters behind you.

8. Re: Prey 2 Revealed Mar 11, 2011, 20:31 Lit_Reflex001

Yet another way George Broussard is resecuring his fortune.  

7. Re: Prey 2 Revealed Mar 11, 2011, 20:11 Bill Borre

Prepare to penetrate more sphincters.  

6. Re: Prey 2 Revealed Mar 11, 2011, 19:47 Lorcin

HorrorScope wrote on Mar 11, 2011, 19:41:
Sempai wrote on Mar 11, 2011, 19:01:
Did anyone even ask for this?

Did anyone ask for genital warts?

*JOKING* no but your mum gave it too me anyway *END JOKE*

BTW Joke was - she didn't give me genital warts.

5. Re: Prey 2 Revealed Mar 11, 2011, 19:41 HorrorScope

Sempai wrote on Mar 11, 2011, 19:01:

Did anyone ask for genital warts?

4. Re: Prey 2 Revealed Mar 11, 2011, 19:33 headkase

I enjoyed the first Prey and as long as the reviews don't bomb it will likely pick up a second-installment.  

3. Re: Prey 2 Revealed Mar 11, 2011, 19:01 Sempai

2. Re: Prey 2 Revealed Mar 11, 2011, 18:27 Lorcin

tentative yay  

1. Re: Prey 2 Revealed Mar 11, 2011, 18:15 nin

Wow, didn't think we'd get another of those...

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo