Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Batman: Arkham City in October

WBIE and DC Entertainment announce plans to release Batman: Arkham City for Windows, Xbox 360, and PlayStation 3 in North America on October 18, in Australia on October 19, and Europe and other territories on October 21. The announcement is accompanied by three new screenshots, and this description of the game:

Batman: Arkham City builds upon the intense, atmospheric foundation of Batman: Arkham Asylum, sending players soaring into Arkham City – five times larger than the game world in Batman: Arkham Asylum – and the new maximum security “home” for all of Gotham City’s thugs, gangsters and insane criminal masterminds. Set inside the heavily fortified walls of a sprawling district in the heart of Gotham City, this highly anticipated sequel introduces a brand-new story that draws together a new, all-star cast of classic characters and murderous villains from the Batman universe, as well as a vast range of new and enhanced gameplay features to deliver the ultimate experience as the Dark Knight.

View
22 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

22. Re: Batman: Arkham City in October Sep 20, 2011, 16:54 Xanthaz

They needed a bit more time so they could strip out some content and make it into DLC.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

21. Re: Batman: Arkham City in October Mar 12, 2011, 21:30 Jerykk

Duh, yes they'll get the message if their PC sales drop to nearly non-existent, while the versions not bound to that crap sell millions. Or did you miss how Ubisoft changed their Online-DRM politics lately? Already forgot how their PC share fell to a single digit percentage?

The console versions will always outsell the PC versions, regardless of whether the PC version uses GFWL. As such, publishers expect PC versions to sell less. If you boycott the PC version but buy the console versions, you're only reinforcing this expectation.

A much more effective tactic is to boycott the game for all platforms, forcing the publishers to reconsider their business decisions all around.

20. Re: Batman: Arkham City in October Mar 12, 2011, 07:48 Lorcin

Still twice what it was going for on steam a month or two ago - and you have to wait for delivery.  

19. Re: Batman: Arkham City in October Mar 12, 2011, 06:49 Golwar

Lorcin wrote on Mar 11, 2011, 20:07:
Fair enough - PC version is currently £14.99 whilst the ps3 version is currently out of stock on the uk high streets. OFC you could buy 2nd hand and get if for about £15 on a scratched up disc - or you could have bought it in the steam sale for 75% off ofc on the pc.

That a dodgy call really - £14.99 new, £15 second hand or if your timing is right £3.75 new.

Think I'll stick with slightly older PC games and crack them tbh!

* apologies for quoting prices in sterling but I simply can't be bothered to convert them - you get the picture anyway!

Well I don't know where you buy your games. How can a game that isn't released yet, be sold out on the street already?
If you talk about Arkham Asylum, check this or this
I don't buy any used games and I don't waste money, I just know when and where to buy my games.

Jerykk wrote on Mar 12, 2011, 01:43:
I'll do the same as with any GFWL-chained PC game that I want: buy it for my PS3.

Yeah! That'll show those damn publishers! Err... wait... no it won't. All it'll do is reduce sales of the PC version and increase sales of a console version.

If you're going to boycott games that use GFWL, you need to boycott it on ALL platforms. Buying it for another platform doesn't accomplish anything because the publisher is still getting your money.

Duh, yes they'll get the message if their PC sales drop to nearly non-existent, while the versions not bound to that crap sell millions. Or did you miss how Ubisoft changed their Online-DRM politics lately? Already forgot how their PC share fell to a single digit percentage?

Funny, you have the best example that it works right in the front of your nose and yet you deny it.

18. Re: Batman: Arkham City in October Mar 12, 2011, 04:00 Mostly_Harmless

Yeah! That'll show those damn publishers! Err... wait... no it won't. All it'll do is reduce sales of the PC version and increase sales of a console version.

If you're going to boycott games that use GFWL, you need to boycott it on ALL platforms. Buying it for another platform doesn't accomplish anything because the publisher is still getting your money.

I also bought this on the PS3 for the same reason (along with FO3 & GTA 4) but it was nothing to do with boycotting or making a statement, I simply wanted to play the game legitimately without having to put up with the GFWL crap.

17. Re: Batman: Arkham City in October Mar 12, 2011, 01:43 Jerykk

I'll do the same as with any GFWL-chained PC game that I want: buy it for my PS3.

Have they ever mentioned whether this would be sort of an open world, mission driven game a la Thief 3?

Yes, it's more open-worldy this time. You can traverse the city across rooftops and tackle villains in whichever order you like.

16. Re: Batman: Arkham City in October Mar 11, 2011, 20:07 Lorcin

Fair enough - PC version is currently £14.99 whilst the ps3 version is currently out of stock on the uk high streets. OFC you could buy 2nd hand and get if for about £15 on a scratched up disc - or you could have bought it in the steam sale for 75% off ofc on the pc.

That a dodgy call really - £14.99 new, £15 second hand or if your timing is right £3.75 new.

Think I'll stick with slightly older PC games and crack them tbh!

* apologies for quoting prices in sterling but I simply can't be bothered to convert them - you get the picture anyway!

15. Re: Batman: Arkham City in October Mar 11, 2011, 19:32 Golwar

14. Re: Batman: Arkham City in October Mar 11, 2011, 19:05 skyguy

You guys do know that you have to create a GFWL offline account for the pirate version too, right? You can't save if you don't.

There's tons of hits, including youtube demonstration videos, when I google for "create gfwl offline account."

13. Re: Batman: Arkham City in October Mar 11, 2011, 19:04 Golwar

Okay, time to grab my stuff and move to Gotham. It takes so much time to prepare a cave properly.  

12. Re: Batman: Arkham City in October Mar 11, 2011, 14:12 Cutter

Ugh too long wait! Gimme now!

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's dead… Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

11. Re: Batman: Arkham City in October Mar 11, 2011, 14:01 Verno

Lorcin wrote on Mar 11, 2011, 13:31:
@creston just crack it.

Oh before anybody screams pirate at me - I'd happily post a screeny of it owned in steam. I still keep backups of cracked exes for all my games just in case I lose internet for a while etc.

No one will scream pirate at you here, plenty of us crack our games to get around shitty DRM too. It's fair game.

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: The Fall, The Walking Dead, Leon

10. Re: Batman: Arkham City in October Mar 11, 2011, 13:57 tony

I hope there are more physx effects in the PC version!  

9. Re: Batman: Arkham City in October Mar 11, 2011, 13:44 Jow

I'll be first in line for this one. Can't wait.  

8. Re: Batman: Arkham City in October Mar 11, 2011, 13:41 Creston

Slashman wrote on Mar 11, 2011, 12:03:
Creston wrote on Mar 11, 2011, 11:31:
I still gotta play Arkham Asylum, but the _#%*#_$#(_$ GfWL still won't accept my login.

How do I create an offline login for that POS? Anyone know?

Creston

I don't get it. IF you have a Hotmail/Windows Live ID, you use that to login. The only way that shouldn't work is if your Hotmail/Windows Live ID doesn't work.

I have a GfWL login. It works just fine in DoW2. Then when I enter the exact same fucking credentials in Batman, they don't fucking work.

Yay MS.

I may just crack it. Fuck it. Retarded DRM horseshit.

Creston

7. Re: Batman: Arkham City in October Mar 11, 2011, 13:31 Lorcin

@creston just crack it.

Oh before anybody screams pirate at me - I'd happily post a screeny of it owned in steam. I still keep backups of cracked exes for all my games just in case I lose internet for a while etc.

6. Re: Batman: Arkham City in October Mar 11, 2011, 12:33 Prez

Have they ever mentioned whether this would be sort of an open world, mission driven game a la Thief 3? Any which way, I hope it's as good as the first one.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

5. Re: Batman: Arkham City in October Mar 11, 2011, 12:04 Verno

It's actually a little tickbox in the bottom right in some games and other games you have to click cancel first on the signin dialog then it prompts to create a local profile. It's pretty retarded that it's not standardized considering that's the entire point of GFWL itself but whatever, we all know its inherently broken.  

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: The Fall, The Walking Dead, Leon

4. Re: Batman: Arkham City in October Mar 11, 2011, 12:03 Slashman

Creston wrote on Mar 11, 2011, 11:31:
I still gotta play Arkham Asylum, but the _#%*#_$#(_$ GfWL still won't accept my login.

Creston

I don't get it. IF you have a Hotmail/Windows Live ID, you use that to login. The only way that shouldn't work is if your Hotmail/Windows Live ID doesn't work.

I made the mistake of trying to make a new ID for GFWL when I first started playing Universe At War from within GFWL. Then I just logged in with my Hotmail credentials and it worked.

3. Re: Batman: Arkham City in October Mar 11, 2011, 11:33 nin

You play it on the 360.

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

22 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo