Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Serious Sam 3 Interview, Indie Serious Sam Game Plans

The Serious Sam 3 interview on Big Download talks with Croteam CEO Roman Ribaric and CTO Alen Ladavac about the upcoming continuation of the Serious Sam series of not completely serious first-person shooters. They discuss the Sam's place in the current market after all these years, the game's plot, sticking with the masses of enemies nature of the series, returning enemies and weapons, multiplayer and co-op support, the uncertainly of a demo, and more. A fun moment is Roman describing the game as: "No cover, only man." In related news, they note that Joystiq has Devolver Digital's announcement of the Serious Sam Indie Series, a trio of independently developed games to be released in the months before the appearance of Serious Sam 3. Here's word on the three games:

Serious Sam: Double D (Mommy's Best Games)
Serious Sam explodes across the second dimension as Mommy's Best Games (Weapon of Choice, Explosionade, Shoot 1UP) slams the legendary hero into a frantic side-scrolling shooter on PC and consoles. Featuring killer hand drawn artwork, classic and original enemies, and the innovative weapon stacking system, Serious Sam: Double D is a uniquely exciting chapter in the Serious Sam saga. All that stands between victory and annihilation is a man with a T-shirt and jeans... and a great big pile of guns.

Serious Sam: Kamikaze Attack! (Be-Rad Entertainment)
Pledge allegiance to the evil lord Mental, join the ranks of the Headless Kamikaze brigade and destroy the vile Serious Sam. Be-Rad Entertainment's (Lame Castle) hand drawn auto runner brings the awesome to mobile platforms as you guide your fearless group of Headless Kamikazes across the battlefield, dodging hazards and pitfalls while avoiding oncoming fire from the deplorable Serious Sam.

Serious Sam: The Random Encounter (Vlambeer)
The classic RPG turn-based battle gets a seriously frantic overhaul as Vlambeer (Super Crate Box, Radical Fishing) turns their talent loose on the first Serious Sam role-playing game. Traverse a harsh and dangerous world map as Serious Sam and his team are thrown into rapid-fire battles against towering numbers of enemies on their way to glory against the legions of Mental's horde. Arm your squad to the teeth with massive ordinance, throw down some special items and take aim at the hordes of charging enemies holding that sweet, sweet loot you crave so badly.

View
9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

9. Re: Serious Sam 3 Interview, Indie Serious Sam Game Plans Mar 10, 2011, 13:11 Creston

Didn't they already release a Serious Sam RPG?

teehee.

Edit : Shit, kajetan beat me to it!
KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!

Creston

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. Re: Serious Sam 3 Interview, Indie Serious Sam Game Plans Mar 10, 2011, 08:20 Kajetan

InBlack wrote on Mar 10, 2011, 05:57:
Great stuff, great stuff. I wouldnt be at all surprised if these titles turned out to be awesome. 1994 Awesome. Thats the kind of awesome Im talking about, not the Crysis2 kind of "awesome piece of shit".
There is only ONE game out there, which is and will ever be "awesome"!
And you only have to press a button!

7. Re: Serious Sam 3 Interview, Indie Serious Sam Game Plans Mar 10, 2011, 07:00 Sphinx

Dear Serious Sam:
Have my man babies.

Love,
Sphinx

-Sphinx

6. Re: Serious Sam 3 Interview, Indie Serious Sam Game Plans Mar 10, 2011, 05:57 InBlack

Great stuff, great stuff. I wouldnt be at all surprised if these titles turned out to be awesome. 1994 Awesome. Thats the kind of awesome Im talking about, not the Crysis2 kind of "awesome piece of shit".

Even if they turned out gimmicky, still a great way to market their franchise game.

I have a nifty blue line!

5. Re: Serious Sam 3 Interview, Indie Serious Sam Game Plans Mar 10, 2011, 04:22 SCPM

I like this idea. More companies ought to lease their franchises to indies and let them come up with their own take (and earn their own share of the profits). It would give that franchise a breath of fresh air, and by making official titles that the company would promote, it would give additional exposure to those indie developers.  

4. Re: Serious Sam 3 Interview, Indie Serious Sam Game Plans Mar 10, 2011, 02:23 Cram

Big fan of the 16 player Co-op. These indie titles all sound interesting too. 2011, a Serious year.  

3. Re: Serious Sam 3 Interview, Indie Serious Sam Game Plans Mar 10, 2011, 00:27 Dev

join the ranks of the Headless Kamikaze brigade and destroy the vile Serious Sam.
Lol! I want to play that.

2. Re: Serious Sam 3 Interview, Indie Serious Sam Game Plans Mar 10, 2011, 00:23 Fion

OMG, Serious Sam RPG Indie game? I think I'm in love.  

1. Re: Serious Sam 3 Interview, Indie Serious Sam Game Plans Mar 9, 2011, 22:29 nin

The classic RPG turn-based battle gets a seriously frantic overhaul as Vlambeer (Super Crate Box, Radical Fishing) turns their talent loose on the first Serious Sam role-playing game.

Why, hello!!!!

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo