Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Deus Ex: Human Revolution in August?

Following closely on word that a release date announcement is expected this week for Deus Ex: Human Revolution, we have indications the action/RPG prequel will come this August. Computer and Video Games notes a tweet by EB Games Australia saying the game will be released down under on August 25 and an announcement on GAME.co.uk that the game's release date in the U.K. will be August 26. Going along with this, GameStop now lists the game for release in North America on August 23.

View
16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

16. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution in August? Mar 8, 2011, 20:29 space captain

Zyrxil wrote on Mar 8, 2011, 17:45:
What the hell does Ubisoft have to do with anything? It's developed by Eidos and published by SquareEnix.

facts are irrelevant to irate ranting!!! must have more ranting, NOW!!

Go forth, and kill!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

15. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution in August? Mar 8, 2011, 17:45 Zyrxil

Acleacius wrote on Mar 8, 2011, 14:39:
They have been hyping for 6 months, now they need another 5? There must have been too many bugs, to release or their having issues with their craptastic drm. Seems like almost every single major drm controversy Ubi has been front and center.

I've been avoiding all videos and reviews also to prevent spoilers, in case the game actually turns out good. Otherwise I'll wait 6 months.

What the hell does Ubisoft have to do with anything? It's developed by Eidos and published by SquareEnix.

14. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution in August? Mar 8, 2011, 16:02 Jerykk

I hope this isn't just a marketing delay where the game is finished but they push it back so that it doesn't have any competition.  

13. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution in August? Mar 8, 2011, 15:50 Verno

I'm looking forward to this regardless of release date. Actually summer works out perfect even, I think more stuff tends to land at Sept/Oct.  

Playing: Divinity Original Sin, Destiny, Fire Emblem
Watching: Continuum, Star Trek TNG, Haunt

12. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution in August? Mar 8, 2011, 14:39 Acleacius

They have been hyping for 6 months, now they need another 5? There must have been too many bugs, to release or their having issues with their craptastic drm. Seems like almost every single major drm controversy Ubi has been front and center.

I've been avoiding all videos and reviews also to prevent spoilers, in case the game actually turns out good. Otherwise I'll wait 6 months.

The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

11. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution in August? Mar 8, 2011, 14:38 J

I might've upgraded my system by then  

10. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution in August? Mar 8, 2011, 14:23 Rockn-Roll

baltar wrote on Mar 8, 2011, 11:26:
With this, shogun 2 and Alice 2 coming out, it's like were back in 2000!

Heck...shogun 2 and Alice 2 is nothing compared to the return of the Duke. But, yeah...it does look like we are getting some fun games this year instead of the usual crappy games and startups trying to cache in on the popularity of MMORGs.

Cutter wrote on Mar 8, 2011, 13:57:
But you'd all rather see Thief 4 first, wouldn't you? Wouldn't you?

As much as I'd like Thi4f to be released first, I'm really looking forward to Deus Ex:HR because it carries on with some of the gameplay that we had in the dead and buried System Shock series.

Let's Rock!

9. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution in August? Mar 8, 2011, 14:16 Halo

Cutter wrote on Mar 8, 2011, 13:57:

System Shock 3.

8. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution in August? Mar 8, 2011, 13:57 Cutter

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

7. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution in August? Mar 8, 2011, 13:17 Creston

Damn. I was hoping it'd be out next month!

Creston

6. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution in August? Mar 8, 2011, 12:11 Riker

GarrettTX1 wrote on Mar 8, 2011, 10:08:
I'm planning to purchase the game & hyped for it - but think they're making a big mistake by promoting it so much lately and then pushing it that far out.

Ditto. I'm surprised it's not closer than that given all the press previews lately.

5. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution in August? Mar 8, 2011, 11:54 spindoctor

The dates have been confirmed by Eidos Montreal on Twitter - https://twitter.com/#!/eidosmontreal/statuses/45163524141498368  
Some of the most miserable and unhappy gamers on the planet are at Bluesnews

4. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution in August? Mar 8, 2011, 11:26 baltar

With this, shogun 2 and Alice 2 coming out, it's like were back in 2000!

3. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution in August? Mar 8, 2011, 11:24 Ratty

I'm trying my best to maintain my opinion it'll suck. But man that last interview they had with one of the devs sure made it sound sweet.  

2. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution in August? Mar 8, 2011, 11:04 Tom

5 months is not really that long. It will be here before you know it.  

1. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution in August? Mar 8, 2011, 10:08 GarrettTX1

Sheesh - why not go all the way out & make it a Xmas release? Wry

With their aggressive marketing push lately IMO (and long lead up to this point) - I've been steering away from the tons-o-previews and videos not to spoil the game & now they plan to drag it out another 5 months and keep it hyped/gamers interested all that time?

I'm planning to purchase the game & hyped for it - but think they're making a big mistake by promoting it so much lately and then pushing it that far out.

16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo