Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

GTA5 Details?

A number of posts on the supererogatory Twitter feed center around motion capture and casting information (with a lot of character descriptions) for video game projects called Sao Paulo Knights and Rush, making a convincing case for these being codenames for Grand Theft Auto V. The sleuth says across two tweets: "And among the projects listed in the casting call was an 'interactive project' called 'Rush,' which featured characters that fit with the few details I heard about GTA5; outlandish characters, weed, gangsters, & celebrities fit the profile for a contemporary LA-set GTA game." Recently superannuation also tweeted five domains they say were registered by Take 2 which seem like they fit the type of background content used in the GTA series: CashForDeadDreams.com, SixFigureTemps.com, StopPayingYourMortgage.net, HammersteinFaust.com, and LifeInvader.com. Thanks Strategy Informer via Scrawl.

View
36 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

36. Re: GTA5 Details? Mar 8, 2011, 16:18 PHJF

I just finished LATD and yes, it was junk junk junk junk. The missions are absolutely terrible, straight up "go here and kill 20 guys", repeating right up through the last.

And the only people that like biker gang bangers are the people in biker gangs, as was demonstrated with gusto on South Park.

Steam + PSN: PHJF
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

35. Re: GTA5 Details? Mar 8, 2011, 14:02 Creston

nin wrote on Mar 8, 2011, 13:58:
I thought you liked LatD, nin?

I couldn't get into that one at all. I played through it (as apart of the Episodes disc), but (I felt) it really paled in comparison to the Tony missions.

One Tony mission is particular: Steal a car. Drive to a construction site, and blow up a crane. Hop back in the car, go grab the chopper. Fly the chopper to the train, land, and blow that up, before it gets away. Then hop BACK in the chopper and fly to the airport and blow up a plane, before it can take off.

All in under 5 minutes.

I felt the same way about LatD. Never even finished it, because every character in it was a jackass. (even more than Nico.)

Gay Tony is the SHIT, though, and I LOVED that mission.

Creston

34. Re: GTA5 Details? Mar 8, 2011, 14:00 Creston

CommunistHamster wrote on Mar 8, 2011, 08:52:
Holy shit, thankyou Praline Abstract, that should have been mentioned in a tutorial popup in the game.

Ehm... it is.

However, turning your phone off also stops the "story clock" from advancing, so whether it's worth it when you're playing through the game is debatable.

When I was just fucking around, I actually quite liked being called by friends right as I was tearing down Manhattan at 140mph, with four cops and a helicopter on my ass.

But yeah, the whole mechanism was annoying as fuck when you were playing for real.

Creston

33. Re: GTA5 Details? Mar 8, 2011, 13:58 nin

I couldn't get into that one at all. I played through it (as apart of the Episodes disc), but (I felt) it really paled in comparison to the Tony missions.

One Tony mission is particular: Steal a car. Drive to a construction site, and blow up a crane. Hop back in the car, go grab the chopper. Fly the chopper to the train, land, and blow that up, before it gets away. Then hop BACK in the chopper and fly to the airport and blow up a plane, before it can take off.

All in under 5 minutes.

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

32. Re: GTA5 Details? Mar 8, 2011, 13:58 Creston

Sepharo wrote on Mar 8, 2011, 00:50:
Asmo wrote on Mar 8, 2011, 00:12:
GTA3:SA was the peak of the series for me (loved VC as well), 4 proved to be a major disappointment.

And maintenance on Niko's friends/GF?? GTFO. Keeping CJ fit was a matter of shooting up some cops for "motivation" and then making off on foot or BMX...

Real gangstas ride bicycles.

HOLLA!

/bicycle 4 life, fools

Creston

31. Re: GTA5 Details? Mar 8, 2011, 13:53 Creston

nin wrote on Mar 8, 2011, 11:09:
reisub wrote on Mar 8, 2011, 10:47:
I haven't even started playing GTA4 yet (too many games!). Hope it comes out eventually though.

Don't miss the Gay Tony expansion. Lost and the Damned sucked, but Tony was awesome...

Anyways, GTA5. YES! *hops in glee*

Creston

30. Re: GTA5 Details? Mar 8, 2011, 13:16 reisub

I will be sure to get it. Thanks.  

29. Re: GTA5 Details? Mar 8, 2011, 11:09 nin

reisub wrote on Mar 8, 2011, 10:47:
I haven't even started playing GTA4 yet (too many games!). Hope it comes out eventually though.

Don't miss the Gay Tony expansion. Lost and the Damned sucked, but Tony was awesome...

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

28. Re: GTA5 Details? Mar 8, 2011, 11:04 JoeNapalm

Razorclaw wrote on Mar 7, 2011, 22:12:

the one thing I really wish they could do for the gta series is make the city much much much more detailed. you should be able to enter all buildings. and all rooms in a building and so on. not just a couple of buildings throughout the city. and secondly making the people of the city less like random spawn automatons you run over with a car and more like actual "people".

Have...have you given any thought to the kind of resources you're talking about, here?

I really wish that they could make it a totally immersive virtual reality that tapped straight into my mind, overlaying reality.

That doesn't mean it's POSSIBLE.

I guarantee that when they A) develop a console that can simulate an entire living city, inside and out, including fully autonomous AI for the entire population, B) said console costs less than the gross national product of most European Union nations, and C) it's cost effective for them to spend the development time (probably at least a decade) to come up with said virtual metropolis - when all of those conditions are met, your wish will come true.

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist

27. Re: GTA5 Details? Mar 8, 2011, 10:47 reisub

26. Re: GTA5 Details? Mar 8, 2011, 09:35 Verno

I did the whole "agree to do social activity with friend, call them up and cancel a second later" thing. It ensures you don't take a karma hit just in case you ever want their bonuses down the line. Jacob's guns on demand thing and the taxi pickup thing were pretty useful.

Saints Row 2 of course did it better

Playing: Alien Isolation, Legend of Grimrock 2, Super Mario 3D World
Watching: A Good Marriage, The Knick, Gotham

25. Re: GTA5 Details? Mar 8, 2011, 08:52 CommunistHamster

Holy shit, thankyou Praline Abstract, that should have been mentioned in a tutorial popup in the game.  

24. Re: GTA5 Details? Mar 8, 2011, 07:59 Parallax Abstraction

Asmo wrote on Mar 8, 2011, 04:23:
StingingVelvet wrote on Mar 8, 2011, 00:47:
And maintenance on Niko's friends/GF?? GTFO.

I will never understand the hate for that since it was completely optional.

It was, but the constant nagging to do something wasn't...

It's such a small part of the game but it just irks the crap out of me.

If you ever end up trying the game again, you can actually mute your cell phone from its menu. If you do, no one calls you for the friend missions and you also don't get the lowered reputation for refusing their invites.

Parallax Abstraction
Geek Bravado | YouTube

23. Re: GTA5 Details? Mar 8, 2011, 06:24 InBlack

I will start caring when they announce the PC version. As they havent done so for Red Dead Redemption...well no use in being pessimistic is there  

I have a nifty blue line!

22. Re: GTA5 Details? Mar 8, 2011, 04:23 Asmo

StingingVelvet wrote on Mar 8, 2011, 00:47:
And maintenance on Niko's friends/GF?? GTFO.

I will never understand the hate for that since it was completely optional.

It was, but the constant nagging to do something wasn't...

It's such a small part of the game but it just irks the crap out of me.

Word... =)

21. Re: GTA5 Details? Mar 8, 2011, 03:55 StingingVelvet

El Pit wrote on Mar 8, 2011, 03:28:
I played GTA: Vice City and San Andreas up to the point where you had to fly. I was unable to steer the plane with mouse and keyboard, so I gave up at these points.

I've heard that about the plane section in San Andreas. I actually beat San Andreas on the PS2, since it came out late enough in the PS2's life cycle that I had already bought one (I usually get a console really late when they're cheap to play the exclusives I missed out on). I did get San Andreas on PC when it came out but never played that far into it.

The helicopters control like ass in GTA4 on the PC. For helicopter missions you almost have to plug in a 360 controller, which is a shame since the rest of the game controls well with the mouse and keyboard.

20. Re: GTA5 Details? Mar 8, 2011, 03:28 El Pit

I played GTA: Vice City and San Andreas up to the point where you had to fly. I was unable to steer the plane with mouse and keyboard, so I gave up at these points.  
Consoles? I owned two: a Pong clone and an Atari 2600. And that's it.

19. Re: GTA5 Details? Mar 8, 2011, 03:11 Dmitri_M

GTA:SA was the best of the series. Because I got 90% into it. I never finished any of the other's either.  

18. Re: GTA5 Details? Mar 8, 2011, 02:20 Mcboinkens

Bumpy wrote on Mar 7, 2011, 22:21:
So new story/characters that's suppose to impress? Rockstar needs to get with the times.

Where's the interactive, destructible environment ala Frostbite or Geo-Mod? That is the future of gaming, or a huge part anyway.

How about a guarantee PC simultaneous release? Or do they want some Epic type love their way..

And to go with that, how about a properly PC coded and optimized at release?

I predict none of this will happen except for the Epic hate maybe.

Destructible open world environments? Don't kid yourself, thats still a while off yet. And I'm not counting Mafia IIs bullet holes in concrete destruction, either. That processing power would cause most computers to crap themselves.

They don't seem too concerned with PC players, probably because they did the same thing with GTA4 and they did absolutely fine profit-wise.

17. Re: GTA5 Details? Mar 8, 2011, 02:18 Ant

GTA3:SA was the peak of the series for me (loved VC as well), 4 proved to be a major disappointment.

And maintenance on Niko's friends/GF?? GTFO. Keeping CJ fit was a matter of shooting up some cops for "motivation" and then making off on foot or BMX...

Tricycles.

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...

36 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo