Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

20 Years of Blizzard

The Blizzard Entertainment 20th Anniversary Trailer offers "a message from Blizzard Entertainmentís founders, interviews with developers, video retrospectives, and more." There's also an interview on VentureBeat talking with Blizzard CEO Paul Sams on the occasion. Here's part of his look back: "Back in the early days, we didnít think 20 years out into the future. We didnít think it was possible to have the type of success we have been fortunate enough to have. But when I sit back and I reflect on these two decades, itís been an incredible ride for us. Weíve maintained our core mission of making the most out of our games. We focus on making the most epic entertainment experiences ever, and I think weíve really stuck with our values. It drives our decisions and has allowed us to provide a level of consistency in what weíve been able to deliver. We have been able to make many of the top-selling PC games in the world for many years. Itís tough to run a successful company for 20 years. We are very proud and humbled by it."

View
39 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

39. Re: 20 Years of Blizzard Mar 10, 2011, 04:49 Ventura

I feel like I'm talking to someone with Cerebral Palsy.

Imagine how I'm feeling then.

Look, I get it. You're sticking by em through thick and thin. You're on your knees, regardless. They can drop features that games in the genre have sported for fifteen years now, and that's fine with you. Whatever floats your boat.

Just don't be surprised if not everyone feels the same way.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

38. Re: 20 Years of Blizzard Mar 10, 2011, 02:16 Sepharo

Cram wrote on Mar 10, 2011, 02:00:
Heh lol now this huh?

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0001734/

Cerebral palsy is condition, sometimes thought of as a group of disorders that can involve brain and nervous system functions such as movement, learning, hearing, seeing, and thinking.

I think it fits just fine.

Edit: Post after post I've made in this thread, the replies have deviated further and further away from the points I've made. If all that's left is discussing the one irrelevant sentence in my last post, it's time to move along

Well a simple ctrl-f on your trivia article yields only:

"Decreased intelligence or learning disabilities are common, but intelligence can be normal"

It fails to note that the most prevalent form of CP, spastic, has no effect on the mind. If they're able to physically type, your incorrect and sick insult does not apply.

Edit: I didn't actually read any of your other posts, this is unrelated to what I now must assume are other idiotic things.

37. Re: 20 Years of Blizzard Mar 10, 2011, 02:00 Cram

Heh lol now this huh?

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0001734/

Cerebral palsy is condition, sometimes thought of as a group of disorders that can involve brain and nervous system functions such as movement, learning, hearing, seeing, and thinking.

I think it fits just fine.

Edit: Post after post I've made in this thread, the replies have deviated further and further away from the points I've made. It's unfortunate so much of it fell on deaf ears If all that's left is discussing a irrelevant sentence in my last post, I concede I'll be the first to walk out the door out of this thread not letting it hit my ass on the way out.

This comment was edited on Mar 10, 2011, 02:10.

36. Re: 20 Years of Blizzard Mar 10, 2011, 01:53 Sepharo

Cram wrote on Mar 10, 2011, 01:41:
I feel like I'm talking to someone with Cerebral Palsy

I don't think that means what you think it means.

35. Re: 20 Years of Blizzard Mar 10, 2011, 01:41 Cram

*facepalm*

Really? So the more money a company makes, the more you're deserving of having your dick sucked? In that same logic, I just bought a Microsoft Keyboard and Mouse Combo for $60. I guess I'm supposed to feel like their entire hardware division, hell the entire company, should serenade me with gold, women and wine? I'm entitled to Office2007 for free because I bought Windows 2007. What is it you think you're entitled too from Blizzard anyway?

I find it interesting you pick on Blizzard for a lack of, or low, integrity. You must have a jaded view and seething hatred for not only the PC Gaming industry, but the Gaming Industry as a whole considering Blizzard is far and beyond almost every other company in the industry in just about every way that counts...: customer support, continued product support and quality product. These area's all speak to Blizzard's integrity, and are the reasons why they make as much money as they do.

I feel like I'm talking to someone with Cerebral Palsy.

This comment was edited on Mar 10, 2011, 01:56.

34. Re: 20 Years of Blizzard Mar 9, 2011, 23:59 Ventura

those that have such a immense sense of entitlement

Huh? You better believe it. Who the hell else are they making these things for, if not us gamers?

They make more from wow in a month than we'll see in fifty lifetimes. Don't talk to me about fucking entitlements.

Blizzard profits which makes its stake/shareholders happy and simultaneously in no way is their integrity or quality design philosophies compromised

Depends on your definition of integrity, I suppose. Set the bar low enough, and I guess anyone can scrape through.

33. Re: 20 Years of Blizzard Mar 9, 2011, 09:57 InBlack

AnointedSword wrote on Mar 8, 2011, 07:47:
3 guys getting together and going for it! That my friends is what it is all about! Awesome video! Love it! See, the big evil corporations are really just a bunch of individuals that work towards a goal. We should not demonize corporations, we should just lock up the corrupt (the ones that break the law).

LoL dude. Really just lol. How bout you look up the definition of corporation first.

I have a nifty blue line!

32. Re: 20 Years of Blizzard Mar 9, 2011, 09:46 nin

Luke wrote on Mar 9, 2011, 03:01:

And you are still defending everything that has the F...blizz marked
are you getting a free pet for it

Are you still crying like a little girl? It sure looks that way.

If you want to contribute on the boards here, knock yourself out. But your childish whining about Facebook gets really old.

Do you have nothing else to say?

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

31. Re: 20 Years of Blizzard Mar 9, 2011, 03:01 Luke

Yifes wrote on Mar 8, 2011, 23:07:
Get down fanboy not all are up Facebookblizz azz , some have opened there eyes some not i see, relax inhail xhail , and all will be good ...gezzz

I see that Luke is still happily trolling away on FacebookBluesnews. Careful man, Mark Zuckerberg is out to get you for this post!

And you are still defending everything that has the F...blizz marked
are you getting a free pet for it

30. Re: 20 Years of Blizzard Mar 8, 2011, 23:51 Cram

Yifes wrote on Mar 8, 2011, 23:00:
Real stuff though, mind you; splitting Starcraft 2 apart, dropping lan support or selling horses on Wow doesn't count.

Again, the same old retarded arguments that never held any water. Yes man, JRR Tolkien is a total dick for splitting LOTR apart into 3 books. And the same with Star Wars, and every trilogy ever made.

It's difficult trying to have a respectful debate with those that have such a immense sense of entitlement, as well as the inability to support anything they're saying.

I can't fathom how Blizzard supporting one of their franchises with two guaranteed expansions is an issue with anyone. Like Yifes said, it's ok if LotR or SW is split up, but it's unacceptable if SC2 is. I don't get it. What if there had been three campaigns in the original release and then no expansions, that was it. The same people would now be upset about the complete lack of expansions to the game and then say things like, for example, "Activision moved all the SC2 people to Titan instead of making new content for SC2 so Titan can come out faster and Activision can make lots of $" On top of that, these same people would be further upset about how much longer SC2 would have taken to be released had it contained three equally sized campaigns at release. SC2 would still be in development this very moment if that had been the case.

I already expressed my disappointment with the LAN issue, and I don't even own or play the game. All I was trying to say was that there is no way to confirm Activision was responsible for that decision. In ones opinion they may think Activision was the cause, but there is no way to know that for sure. For Microtransactions, like the horse I mentioned, Blizzard is simply filling a demand for novelties. The demand exists and is huge. People with $$$ get irrelevant bonus stuff that makes them happy, Blizzard profits which makes its stake/shareholders happy and simultaneously in no way is their integrity or quality design philosophies compromised.

29. Re: 20 Years of Blizzard Mar 8, 2011, 23:07 Yifes

Get down fanboy not all are up Facebookblizz azz , some have opened there eyes some not i see, relax inhail xhail , and all will be good ...gezzz

I see that Luke is still happily trolling away on FacebookBluesnews. Careful man, Mark Zuckerberg is out to get you for this post!

28. Re: 20 Years of Blizzard Mar 8, 2011, 23:00 Yifes

Real stuff though, mind you; splitting Starcraft 2 apart, dropping lan support or selling horses on Wow doesn't count.

Again, the same old retarded arguments that never held any water. Yes man, JRR Tolkien is a total dick for splitting LOTR apart into 3 books. And the same with Star Wars, and every trilogy ever made.

27. Re: 20 Years of Blizzard Mar 8, 2011, 09:31 nin

Who let Puke in here?

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

26. Re: 20 Years of Blizzard Mar 8, 2011, 08:11 Ventura

now I can't play on LAN, which in my opinion is Activision's doing

Careful mate, don't let Cram hear you say that. He'll claim you're only disappointed because of your own self-mislead expectations, and then he'll ask for proof. Real stuff though, mind you; splitting Starcraft 2 apart, dropping lan support or selling horses on Wow doesn't count. You understand.

Paketep's comment nailed it for me:

17 years of Blizzard. 3 years of Activision-Blizzard.

The last 3 weren't up to par. The next 20 probably won't, either.

If they continue to move forward over the next 20 years, as they have done thus far, I'll be damn surprised. Let's be honest, we're not off to that good a start.

25. Re: 20 Years of Blizzard Mar 8, 2011, 08:01 Dmitri_M

Cornholio wrote on Mar 8, 2011, 06:50:

Starcraft 2 was a waste. I have many fond memories playing the first one at LAN parties and in the barracks but the second one was just blah. Had a friend who never played the first one thought it was the greatest RTS ever and told me to stop by and play it... that was the only time I played it. He also no longer plays it after that first initial "WOW pretty cut scenes!" and the mp which consists of 'Exploit Racing'.

Yup.

It's impossible for them to recreate the feeling with had playing the original Starcraft. It was a new IP at the time. New IPs, is what gaming needs for it to be fresh. Starcraft 2 is mostly the same as 1 (for us normal gamers, not South Koreans who know every little detail). It's the same game, it's stale.

I can no longer play "follow-ups" to old titles that do little more than update the graphics for a new generation.

24. Re: 20 Years of Blizzard Mar 8, 2011, 07:48 PunkiBastardo

I've never cared for competitive gaming, for me Starcraft innovated with the awesome custom maps support, until then, I had only seen that functionality in Tribes, where a single map could completely change the way the game rules worked, no external download necesary.
I loved that and LAN playing with my pals... now I can't play on LAN, which in my opinion is Activision's doing, and the custom map browser is just a joke... I know you'll probably say it's better, but I don't like playing the same turret defence/nexus wars/DotA map over and over and over again, I liked the previous system that didn't undermine new innovative creations.
I spent years upon years playing multiplayer starcraft, but this second iteration hasn't been able to hold my attention more than a month...

I won't talk about the other 2 games cause I've never had much interest in them.

23. No subject Mar 8, 2011, 07:47 AnointedSword

3 guys getting together and going for it! That my friends is what it is all about! Awesome video! Love it! See, the big evil corporations are really just a bunch of individuals that work towards a goal. We should not demonize corporations, we should just lock up the corrupt (the ones that break the law).  
If you were right, I would be agreeing with you.

22. Re: 20 Years of Blizzard Mar 8, 2011, 07:21 Cram

Stop, don't feed the trolls Cram....don't feed the trolls.  

21. Re: 20 Years of Blizzard Mar 8, 2011, 07:19 Luke

Cram wrote on Mar 8, 2011, 07:17:
Go ahead and edit that mess of a post there Luke.

Yea you are right alot of MESS who wrote it

20. Re: 20 Years of Blizzard Mar 8, 2011, 07:17 Cram

Go ahead and edit that mess of a post there Luke.
I don't need to re-read my entire previous post, I know what I said.

Oh, I do see there is some irrelevant new sentence added somewhere in that mess. Interesting one, considering I specifically stated I have several massive issues of my own with Blizzard that piss me off to no end.

By the way; English, do you speak and can you write it?

39 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo