Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Alice: Madness Returns GDC Trailer

The GDC 2011 trailer for Alice: Madness Returns shows some cinematics and gameplay from Spicy Horse's upcoming sequel to Alice: Madness Returns beyond the clips posted last week. Included is a lot of combat, showing Alice as a bit of a homicidal maniac. The embedded version follows.

View
9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

9. Re: Alice: Madness Returns GDC Trailer Mar 8, 2011, 07:51 PacoTaco

http://www.gamerankings.com/pc/927569-american-mcgee-presents-bad-day-la/index.html

like stated in the last thread, wait and see what people say.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. Re: Alice: Madness Returns GDC Trailer Mar 8, 2011, 05:38 Cram

I enjoyed the trailer; it's enough to keep me interested till June.

I did get, for the first time in awhile, a consolized feeling from some of the battle scenes. This may just be in my head, and I don't say consolized in a negative connotation like others may. For example, I love Thief 3 on the PC, despite an entire of legion of people saying it's a consolized and a piece of crap (I just don't get that at all...Go Shalebridge Cradle!)

7. Re: Alice: Madness Returns GDC Trailer Mar 8, 2011, 03:02 Sempai

It looks good..but Jesus Christ can we PLEASE for the love of God get past the fucking U engine?

Gears was great, Bioshock was fantastic, along with the 6 thousand other titles that have used this dated, over sold engine.

Unreal engine has now been crowned the 2bit whore of gaming engines in the industry.
Yes we know its easy, its cheap and EVERY 15 year old male on the planet has fucked it!

I will hit my knee's tonight and pray to baby Jesus for people to just say no!

6. Re: Alice: Madness Returns GDC Trailer Mar 8, 2011, 02:24 yuastnav

We will see. I'm hoping for the best, despite the Unreal 3 Engine.

Btw. the wording is a little bit weird:
[...]
for Alice: Madness Returns shows some cinematics and gameplay from Spicy Horse's upcoming sequel to Alice: Madness Returns [...]

So Alice: Madness Returns is a sequel to Alice: Madness Returns, eh?

Wonder why it's not called "American McGee's" anymore. Oh well, they probably realised it looks silly.

5. Re: Alice: Madness Returns GDC Trailer Mar 8, 2011, 02:21 Mcboinkens

Flatline wrote on Mar 8, 2011, 00:50:
Cutter wrote on Mar 7, 2011, 22:36:
Oh, I just don't know.

Me neither. I'm not exactly digging the whole Emilie Autumn vibe that some of Alice's... er... looks are akin to.

Part of what made Alice such a great game (despite ho-hum gameplay) was that it was different from what we were used to. It also helped that there was some truly twisted landscapes and backgrounds.

It'll fall flat if it doesn't manage to feel fresh and yet still twisted.

The landscapes looked pretty good from the trailer. I hope they can pull it off again.

4. Re: Alice: Madness Returns GDC Trailer Mar 8, 2011, 00:50 Flatline

Cutter wrote on Mar 7, 2011, 22:36:
Oh, I just don't know.

Me neither. I'm not exactly digging the whole Emilie Autumn vibe that some of Alice's... er... looks are akin to.

Part of what made Alice such a great game (despite ho-hum gameplay) was that it was different from what we were used to. It also helped that there was some truly twisted landscapes and backgrounds.

It'll fall flat if it doesn't manage to feel fresh and yet still twisted.

3. Re: Alice: Madness Returns GDC Trailer Mar 8, 2011, 00:41 Fion

All I can say about that video is...

WOOT! Cant wait for this game! Been a long time comin!

2. Re: Alice: Madness Returns GDC Trailer Mar 7, 2011, 23:45 Techie714 ©

That was so awesome!!! *Winning!  

Steam (ID)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/techie714/
DEAD SH0T
Keep your privacy!
http://prism-break.org/

1. Re: Alice: Madness Returns GDC Trailer Mar 7, 2011, 22:36 Cutter

Oh, I just don't know.  

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's dead… Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo