Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Mobilization

View
5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

5. Re: Morning Mobilization Mar 7, 2011, 20:14 space captain

reisub wrote on Mar 7, 2011, 15:58:
Using a R4 (or similar) doesn't automatically make you a pirate but then again, they probably definately want to stop homebrew as well.

Go forth, and kill!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

4. Re: Morning Mobilization Mar 7, 2011, 16:00 Verno

raVen wrote on Mar 7, 2011, 12:04:
That Rumor better not be true about the 3DS. Otherwise I think i'm nearing the end of buying closed hardware. I already can't write software for it without being an official dev, without an r4 and now there is the threat of Nintendo bricking it?
I'm getting pretty tired of platform holders trying to tell me what I can and can't do with the hardware I purchase. I guess it's time to stop purchasing it and the 50+ games I have for them. Not to mention multiple variations of the hardware I usually end up buying.
PS3 & X360 and Wii are also in the same boat here. iOS is just as restrictive too. Looks like I'm going back to being just a PC gamer soon.

It's definitely true, Nintendo themselves boasted about it's protection at a conference. Don't worry though, this is the same company who made the friend code system on the Wii, it will be easily prevented.

Playing: Dark Souls 2
Watching: Korengal, Legends, Intruders

3. Re: Morning Mobilization Mar 7, 2011, 15:58 reisub

Using a R4 (or similar) doesn't automatically make you a pirate but then again, they probably want to stop homebrew as well.  

2. Re: Morning Mobilization Mar 7, 2011, 15:51 dubfanatic

ya wtf, consumers have rights you know...

get up and fight for your rights my brothers, we go mash down Kyoto

1. Re: Morning Mobilization Mar 7, 2011, 12:04 raVen

That Rumor better not be true about the 3DS. Otherwise I think i'm nearing the end of buying closed hardware. I already can't write software for it without being an official dev, without an r4 and now there is the threat of Nintendo bricking it?
I'm getting pretty tired of platform holders trying to tell me what I can and can't do with the hardware I purchase. I guess it's time to stop purchasing it and the 50+ games I have for them. Not to mention multiple variations of the hardware I usually end up buying.
PS3 & X360 and Wii are also in the same boat here. iOS is just as restrictive too. Looks like I'm going back to being just a PC gamer soon.

5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo