Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

View
19 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

19. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 5, 2011, 05:57 xXBatmanXx

Bunch of Nerd Alert up in here....  

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

18. Re: Phantom Menace in 3D Mar 4, 2011, 23:43 Sepharo

mag wrote on Mar 4, 2011, 23:41:
Pankin wrote on Mar 4, 2011, 22:39:
Stormsinger wrote on Mar 4, 2011, 18:34:
Since when is a sequel (or prequel) to a movie a remake?

I'll grant you that most sequels suck, but let's try to keep a certain amount of accuracy in our QQ'ing.

Correct. They're primarily talking about prequels/sequels, although the press release did mention a remake.

But even if it is a remake...so what?

[This is not directed at Stormsinger (who got it right), but rather those who generally object to remakes] Did you know that when they produce a remake that they actually DON'T alter anything from the original film?

It's true. Not a single frame is touched. I'm certain you're surprised to learn this, given how strongly the moronic horde react to remakes.

Also...they don't confiscate a single DVD of the original film from people's DVD collections. Phew, right? Again: a complete surprise to learn this, I'm sure. </sarcasm>

So, seriously, how will a remake of Blade Runner ruin the original? I'd love to hear this.

Soooomeone never tried to buy the original cuts of Star Wars between 1995 and 200...6?.

It's okay my dad has vhs' recorded from HBO in the 80s. The original copies live!

17. Re: Phantom Menace in 3D Mar 4, 2011, 23:41 mag

Pankin wrote on Mar 4, 2011, 22:39:

I'll grant you that most sequels suck, but let's try to keep a certain amount of accuracy in our QQ'ing.

Correct. They're primarily talking about prequels/sequels, although the press release did mention a remake.

[This is not directed at Stormsinger (who got it right), but rather those who generally object to remakes] Did you know that when they produce a remake that they actually DON'T alter anything from the original film?

It's true. Not a single frame is touched. I'm certain you're surprised to learn this, given how strongly the moronic horde react to remakes.

Also...they don't confiscate a single DVD of the original film from people's DVD collections. Phew, right? Again: a complete surprise to learn this, I'm sure. </sarcasm>

So, seriously, how will a remake of Blade Runner ruin the original? I'd love to hear this.

Soooomeone never tried to buy the original cuts of Star Wars between 1995 and 200...6?.

16. Re: Phantom Menace in 3D Mar 4, 2011, 22:39 Pankin

15. Re: Phantom Menace in 3D Mar 4, 2011, 22:26 Cutter

You, sir, are worse than Hitler. Oh yeah, and the terorists win and all that jive.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

14. Re: Phantom Menace in 3D Mar 4, 2011, 18:34 Stormsinger

13. Re: Phantom Menace in 3D Mar 4, 2011, 18:08 Golwar

Though decision. Would I prefer the world to end 2012 or do I take the risk that the new Blade Runner fails?  

12. Re: Phantom Menace in 3D Mar 4, 2011, 17:50 Ray Marden

Well, the 2D Blu-Rays are right around the corner...

To say nothing of the 3D theater re-releases...

Which obviously need their own 3D Blu-Ray release...

To say nothing of additional changes he can make to the movies now that technology has further improved...or the terribad cartoon...or the live action show...or making the last three of the nine movies...or.......................
SW was neat back in the day, but Lucas has killed my love for it.
Ray

Everything is awesome!!!
http://shoutengine.com/GarnettonGames/
I love you, mom.

11. Re: Phantom Menace in 3D Mar 4, 2011, 14:55 Kxmode

Jim wrote on Mar 4, 2011, 12:20:
How much $$$ is left in that cash cow? Unless Lucas builds a life-size Death Star in orbit around the Moon and runs it like a resort hotel, its time to let it rest.

Missa thinkin Gungans is goin to be yousa maids!

10. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 4, 2011, 14:13 JoeNapalm

Stay. The fuck. Away. From Bladerunner.

Do you see my Avatar? Do you?

It's Deckard, and he ain't happy.

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist

9. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 4, 2011, 13:17 Cutter

I almost snapped when I saw that about them remaking Blade Runner. this is just a cash grab by that greedy old bastard Bud Yorkin. Take a look at the films these guys have done before (e.g. Dude! Where's My Car?) and tell me if you have the slightest iota of faith they could do this any justice. Blade Runner doesn't need to be remade now or ever. If they want to do something else in that universe it might be interesting but no prequels or sequels. No one else should ever be allowed to play Roy Batty in any way, shape, or form.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

8. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 4, 2011, 12:37 RoboNerd

Re: "Phantom Menace" To Suck In 3D Next Feb.

Jar Jar in 3D...meesa so excited!

7. Re: Phantom Menace in 3D Mar 4, 2011, 12:30  Blue 

Jim wrote on Mar 4, 2011, 12:20:
How much $$$ is left in that cash cow? Unless Lucas builds a life-size Death Star in orbit around the Moon and runs it like a resort hotel, its time to let it rest.

That's no moon...

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip
Blue's News Publisher, Editor-in-Chief, El Presidente for Life

6. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 4, 2011, 12:24 Jim

Ratty wrote on Mar 4, 2011, 11:10:
An update:

A Legislator that Listens: License Plates For Bikes Bill Pulled

It's stupid things like this that give all us democrats a bad name

That was a dumb idea from the start. The money they expected to raise from it would almost certainly not be enough to cover another state bureaucracy to manage it. Next they'd end up requiring inspections and insurance, and a gas tax surcharge to make up for the gas you're not using (tax you're not paying) by cycling instead of motoring.

Jim

5. Phantom Menace in 3D Mar 4, 2011, 12:20 Jim

Jim

4. USAF X-37B Mar 4, 2011, 12:09 zirik

its not so secret when we know about it. the only long term experiment worth while for the USAF is storage of nuclear materials. im guessing they are trying to find out how to slow down decay in zero gravity.  

3. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 4, 2011, 11:10 Ratty

An update:

A Legislator that Listens: License Plates For Bikes Bill Pulled

It's stupid things like this that give all us democrats a bad name

2. Re: Blade Runner Sequel (or Prequel) in Development Now Mar 4, 2011, 11:04 nin

Fuck it, I'll just email the damn link in...

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

1. Blade Runner Sequel (or Prequel) in Development Now Mar 4, 2011, 10:19 Zadig

Please stop remaking everything. I'd like to retain positive memories of at least one movie from my childhood.  

19 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo