Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Guild Wars II Thief Revealed

A trailer revealing the Thief class in Guild Wars II appeared briefly on the 'net today before disappearing like a thief in the night, but Eurogamer has word that ArenaNet unveiled this new class during their Guild Wars II presentation at GDC. They have word that this character has many of the characteristics you would expect including being especially dangerous when catching opponents off-guard, possessing the ability to hide in the shadows, and, you know, steal stuff. They say he can also dual-wield daggers, swords and pistols.

View
10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

10. video Mar 4, 2011, 10:15 joe2tiger

Here's a video from a russian site:

http://www.lovi.tv/video/phojbzktvi/Guild_Wars_2_Thief_Guns_Gameplay

Carl Sagan wrote:
Who are we? We find that we live on an insignificant planet of a humdrum star lost in a galaxy tucked away in some forgotten corner of a universe in which there are far more galaxies than people.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

9. Re: Guild Wars II Thief Revealed Mar 4, 2011, 10:14 Zadig

Fion wrote on Mar 4, 2011, 00:05:
There are some great vids at Gametrailers.com from GDC. The more I see of this game the more I like. They really are trying to get away from WoW style MMOGs with some fantastic 'other developers should have thought of this a decade ago' innovations.

They did that with the first game - one shard, (almost) no leveling and horizontal expansions so the game world stays populated, no "treasure hunting" so the PVP was about tactics rather than farming, all the races are human, etc.

The info about the second one indicate they are actually moving away from that - level cap of 80 (because WoW has it), guns (because WoW has them), silly fantasy races (admittedly EoTN added them into GW), jumping (which has no part in what was basically a card game for tactical PVP), etc. It's all a little worrying. GW succeeded because it was unique. Making it into another generic fantasy MMO would be a horrible loss.

8. Re: Guild Wars II Thief Revealed Mar 4, 2011, 09:34 Burrito of Peace

Wag wrote on Mar 3, 2011, 21:38:
Would rather have a Guild Wars 2 "date" revealed.

6/20/11

7. Re: Guild Wars II Thief Revealed Mar 4, 2011, 02:54 MoreLuckThanSkill

This game looks great! I look forward to playing it when it finally comes out in 2014.

6. Re: Guild Wars II Thief Revealed Mar 4, 2011, 00:05 Fion

There are some great vids at Gametrailers.com from GDC. The more I see of this game the more I like. They really are trying to get away from WoW style MMOGs with some fantastic 'other developers should have thought of this a decade ago' innovations.

FYI the youtube video is only one of three parts that go into a good bit of depth.

5. Re: Guild Wars II Thief Revealed Mar 4, 2011, 00:04 Frijoles

I hope Rift does go free, 'cause I like free games. Granted I've not played much DDO or LoTRO these days. As for GW2, I'm looking forward to it also. I'm glad we'll be able to jump this time. Not sure why it bugs me so much when I can't jump in games.  

4. Re: Guild Wars II Thief Revealed Mar 3, 2011, 23:43 Cutter

Frijoles wrote on Mar 3, 2011, 23:38:
Mark my words, f2p within a year.

Oh wait.

Oh please. Don't get mad just because I'm right about shite like Rift.

"Nobody wants to be nobody in America. Ed is the apotheosis of a prevailing American syndrome. It used to be that someone became famous because they were special. Now people are considered special just for being famous. Fame, itself, is its own virtue.

3. Re: Guild Wars II Thief Revealed Mar 3, 2011, 23:38 Frijoles

Mark my words, f2p within a year.

Oh wait.

2. Re: Guild Wars II Thief Revealed Mar 3, 2011, 23:35 Cutter

Here's the complete demo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-38A3uk89k

And there are a bunch more up on Youtube including some really nice HD ones from IGN. Yeah, I'm stoked for this game.

This comment was edited on Mar 3, 2011, 23:52.

"Nobody wants to be nobody in America. Ed is the apotheosis of a prevailing American syndrome. It used to be that someone became famous because they were special. Now people are considered special just for being famous. Fame, itself, is its own virtue.

1. Re: Guild Wars II Thief Revealed Mar 3, 2011, 21:38 Wag

Would rather have a Guild Wars 2 "date" revealed.  

10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo