Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Alice: Madness Returns in June

Alice: Madness Returns has an official release date, reports Computer and Video Games, saying the sequel to American McGee's Alice is due on June 14th. They checked the game out at the GDC, and say American McGee promises "a deep and rich combat system that will test the powers of Alice's imagination."

View
10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

10. Re: Alice: Madness Returns in June Mar 3, 2011, 14:57 PacoTaco

Dont agree, I felt underwelmed with the first game, seemed out of place to play a 3rd person "action" title on the PC.

I didn't feel that it had any mood or creepyness either. It did have some good box art, character design, those are the high points.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

9. Re: Alice: Madness Returns in June Mar 3, 2011, 10:51 Elessar

Cram wrote on Mar 3, 2011, 00:40:
Maybe it'll blow, maybe it'll be fantastic. I personally hope it turns out excellent. I am sure a Gameplay vid is upcoming soon.

On another note, I prefer this style of releasing a game. I am bored of companies releasing screenshots and videos YEARS before a game is released. You end up knowing absolutely everything there is to know about the game before you even play it. No one forces you watch those vids, view those screenshots or read spoilers, but they just seem to end up taking over the internet whenever they're released. I'm looking at you Blizzard. Others are guilty too, in my opinion. I've seen all there is to see of Rage as of right now, and TBH I'm already bored; and I usually love ID games.
This. Blizzard is so annoying about this. Diablo 3 for example.

"You don't get what you deserve, you get what you get."

8. Re: Alice: Madness Returns in June Mar 3, 2011, 09:00 Ant

I will need a playable demo.  

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...

7. Re: Alice: Madness Returns in June Mar 3, 2011, 07:56 Zoom

PacoTaco wrote on Mar 3, 2011, 06:41:
I don't expect it to compete against world class products (like id's RaGE) it just needs to be interesting, tuned well, and have something new that we haven't seen before in gaming.
To be honest the first Alice did compare favorably to "world class" products such as Id games of the same time. Maybe it didnt have top-of-the-class graphics but it really had an interesting setting, tons of atmosphere, some crazy weirdness and very creepy mood tone that made it a lot better than the above mentioned "world class" stuff.

6. Re: Alice: Madness Returns in June Mar 3, 2011, 07:14 Cutter

The vids they've released so far have me stoked, but cautiously like the rest of you. I really think a demo is going to be required before buying here.

James Woods: Oh that's fun. That sounds like you had a fun time. Where would I fit in with the fun time, huh? Where does James Woods fit into the fun?

5. Re: Alice: Madness Returns in June Mar 3, 2011, 06:41 PacoTaco

I have some hope, but not a lot! American's last three game are on the worst games in the history of the world list, and I hope he hasn't blown yet another opportunity to do something great.

I don't expect it to compete against world class products (like id's RaGE) it just needs to be interesting, tuned well, and have something new that we haven't seen before in gaming.

4. Re: Alice: Madness Returns in June Mar 3, 2011, 00:40 Cram

Maybe it'll blow, maybe it'll be fantastic. I personally hope it turns out excellent. I am sure a Gameplay vid is upcoming soon.

On another note, I prefer this style of releasing a game. I am bored of companies releasing screenshots and videos YEARS before a game is released. You end up knowing absolutely everything there is to know about the game before you even play it. No one forces you watch those vids, view those screenshots or read spoilers, but they just seem to end up taking over the internet whenever they're released. I'm looking at you Blizzard. Others are guilty too, in my opinion. I've seen all there is to see of Rage as of right now, and TBH I'm already bored; and I usually love ID games.

3. Re: Alice: Madness Returns in June Mar 2, 2011, 23:47 Jerykk

They've shown several screenshots. But they haven't shown any actual gameplay footage yet, which is a bit disconcerting. There's already been lots of footage for Rage and that doesn't come out until September.  

2. Re: Alice: Madness Returns in June Mar 2, 2011, 23:42 Tony!!!

Agreed. WTF? Dissapointed already.  
-Tony!!!;)
my 360 user name is Robo Pop

1. Re: Alice: Madness Returns in June Mar 2, 2011, 23:08 entr0py

It will be out in 3 months and they still haven't show as much as a screen shot? That seems like a sign it's being rushed out before it's done baking.  

10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo