Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Homefront PC Features

The Homefront Community Blog outlines some PC-exclusive features in Homefront, Kaos Studios upcoming first-person shooter. They have screenshots of cockpit interiors and word that the game includes "different sound assets/sound processing in order to make sounds heard while inside vehicles more realistic," clan support, demo recording, statistic tracking, and more. Thanks SpectralMeat.

View
10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

10. Re: Homefront PC Features Mar 2, 2011, 13:46 DangerDog

Hump wrote on Mar 2, 2011, 09:31:
Kaos's strength has always been their skill at making a solid multiplayer experience. I'd look towards that part of the game for the good stuff.

They haven't done anything relevant since Desert Combat mod, this is more like COD mixed with their previous outing Frontlines - not exactly a "solid multiplayer experience".

Those in cockpit views look sad - especially the Apache one, looks like they didn't bother fine tuning the squad system - it's still not properly integrated into the UI.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

9. Re: Homefront PC Features Mar 2, 2011, 09:31 Hump

Jerykk wrote on Mar 1, 2011, 23:01:
The RockPaperShotgun hands-on preview wasn't very complimentary. They said it was completely linear and scripted to the point of breaking the immersion because you'd constantly have to wait for your AI allies to do something before you could progress.

It's a shame that this seems like it'll be just another generic pseudo-realistic military shooter. They're putting more effort into the PC version than usual and I'd love to see that become a trend. Unfortunately, I can't buy a game I have no interest in playing.

Kaos's strength has always been their skill at making a solid multiplayer experience. I'd look towards that part of the game for the good stuff.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad

8. Re: Homefront PC Features Mar 1, 2011, 23:05 SectorEffector

they lost me at the super scripted scene going into a super slomo and then COD knifing the enemies.  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-Q2iICtlIc

7. Re: Homefront PC Features Mar 1, 2011, 23:01 Jerykk

The RockPaperShotgun hands-on preview wasn't very complimentary. They said it was completely linear and scripted to the point of breaking the immersion because you'd constantly have to wait for your AI allies to do something before you could progress.

It's a shame that this seems like it'll be just another generic pseudo-realistic military shooter. They're putting more effort into the PC version than usual and I'd love to see that become a trend. Unfortunately, I can't buy a game I have no interest in playing.

This comment was edited on Mar 1, 2011, 23:16.

6. Re: Homefront PC Features Mar 1, 2011, 22:10 [VG]Reagle

This game might be interesting. I hope they are not pumping us up the ass and not at least giving us a reach around.  

The First Newell
Gabe's Watching
[VG]Reagle Beagle

5. Re: Homefront PC Features Mar 1, 2011, 20:18 Sempai

SectorEffector wrote on Mar 1, 2011, 17:26:
Every gameplay vid of this looks like a MW2 Mod.

Homefront is just a well disguised money grubbing game that
completely sinks to the lowest level of gaming by imitating the
lowest level of gaming.. COD. They realize this and hope that they will make profit with the same demographic.

Aka Let's not do too many things that are actually different and new, and just ride the "this makes money and works for now" train.

I'll take BF3 plez.

While i cannot disagree with your assessment, i am hopeful that this title stands out enough on its own and is well made, it all comes down to gameplay for me.

You wont find a shooter these days that doesn't rip off CoD's leveling system, hell look at Call of Crysis 2..

And it sounds like they actually give two shits about their PC segment, that alone is a helluva lot more than we can say for any of these other games atm.

4. Re: Homefront PC Features Mar 1, 2011, 19:15 SpectralMeat

$10 online pass for used console games, mute point for PC games especially for this one since it is a Steam title so as soon as you start the game up it will be locked to your Steam account, can not resell it.

I am pretty pumped for this game, especially after seeing the pictures, joystick support, LAN play, dedi servers, in game recording, etc etc.

Steam: SpectralMeat

3. Re: Homefront PC Features Mar 1, 2011, 18:30 raVen

Paketep wrote on Mar 1, 2011, 17:27:
LAN play! And true dedis, I'm guessing.

Damn, I want to support this, but I don't want to support THQ's idiotic $10 pass. What to do?

I haven't been following that closely, what do you mean $10 pass? I'm teetering on the brink of purchase of this title.
I did a quick search

Wouldn't a new copy include the $10 pass? (and I'd be buying it on Steam, so isn't it moot for PC?)

2. Re: Homefront PC Features Mar 1, 2011, 17:27 Paketep

LAN play! And true dedis, I'm guessing.

Damn, I want to support this, but I don't want to support THQ's idiotic $10 pass. What to do?

Oh, well, I'll have to swallow my pride and buy it. There are already enough Infinity Wards, Treyarchs and DICEs out there not doing their jobs to allow Kaos to go the same way.

1. Re: Homefront PC Features Mar 1, 2011, 17:26 SectorEffector

Every gameplay vid of this looks like a MW2 Mod.

Homefront is just a well disguised money grubbing game that
completely sinks to the lowest level of gaming by imitating the
lowest level of gaming.. COD. They realize this and hope that they will make profit with the same demographic.

Aka Let's not do too many things that are actually different and new, and just ride the "this makes money and works for now" train.

I'll take BF3 plez.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-Q2iICtlIc

10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo