Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Civilization V Patch Today

The 2K forums have a February Patch Update for Civilization V saying to expect the new patch today, as 2K Greg asks us to suspend disbelief that this is a leap year. The previously released February Patch Notes outline what to expect. Thanks Bill.

View
7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

7. Re: Civilization V Patch Today Mar 1, 2011, 20:10 JohnnyRotten

Verno wrote on Mar 1, 2011, 15:57:
Performance is really increased, they weren't kidding around. No more lag while turns process and the actual processing itself is sped up quite a bit. I'll look into the AI changes more tonight but it didn't seem like much in the patch notes unfortunately.

Let me know if they fixed the idiot unit AI. I quit playing on a huge map where everyone did the denounce/war thing on me, and I held off 6 AI player armies with 7 units on immortal. They did manage to pillage a single mine however...

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. Re: Civilization V Patch Today Mar 1, 2011, 15:57 Verno

Performance is really increased, they weren't kidding around. No more lag while turns process and the actual processing itself is sped up quite a bit. I'll look into the AI changes more tonight but it didn't seem like much in the patch notes unfortunately.  

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: Pioneer, Predestination, Homeland

5. Re: Civilization V Patch Today Mar 1, 2011, 14:23 headkase

Here are the now final and official patch notes from 2K Greg:

Here

The new patch version is: 1.0.1.217

4. Re: Civilization V Patch Today Mar 1, 2011, 14:20 headkase

The patch is live! Downloading for me and everyone else commenting in the 2K Forums too!  

3. Re: Civilization V Patch Today Mar 1, 2011, 10:15 Verno

Yeah, I can beat the AI on every difficulty setting due to their terrible wartime AI. They don't understand ranged units hitting them and will let you retreat wounded units too often instead of advancing to finish them off. They also won't flank you if you make a unit wall so you can hold them off forever if you want.  

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: Pioneer, Predestination, Homeland

2. Re: Civilization V Patch Today Mar 1, 2011, 09:50 The Pyro

as it's incredibly irritating when suddenly every AI player declares war in one turn

Irritating, but ultimately profitable in my experience The AI still sucks at waging war, so unless you're just hopelessly outnumbered you can hold them off indefinitely. They'll eventually offer huge concessions in order to get a peace treaty.

1. Re: Civilization V Patch Today Mar 1, 2011, 09:24 theyarecomingforyou

Avoid cascades of denunciations against a single player. AI now uses its own current friendliness level with a given power to determine how much weight to place on a denunciation against that power.

That's a pretty important change, as it's incredibly irritating when suddenly every AI player declares war in one turn.

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo