Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad Music Samples

The website of composer Sam Hulick offers some music samples from his score for Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad, Tripwire Interactive's upcoming first-person shooter sequel. In a separate update noting the completion of the score, he says a soundtrack album will be made available around the time of the game's release in the second quarter of this year. Thanks Joao.

View
9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

9. Re: Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad Music Samples Feb 28, 2011, 10:09 SpectralMeat

ASeven wrote on Feb 27, 2011, 19:21:
I think you will be very surprised. In fact, I think you may see this game on sale soon enough. Let's just say that the open beta isn't that far off.

I hope you are telling the truth, I am really looking forward to this game.

Steam: SpectralMeat
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. Re: Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad Music Samples Feb 28, 2011, 05:51 ASeven

Well, the SP will have both a German and Soviet campaign, perhaps the first ever German SP campaign made. As for the release date Jared, TW CM, said they do have the release date firmly set internally but they will reveal it to the public later on. All I know is that they've entered voluntary crunch mode, as in, John isn't forcing none of his devs to do overtime and weekends but most of them do it because they want to see the game out as soon as possible.  

7. Re: Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad Music Samples Feb 28, 2011, 05:46 Zoom

This game makes no sense in SP anyway... big 50 player maps and combined arms (tanks, AV's, foot soldiers) is what it's all about.  

6. Re: Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad Music Samples Feb 28, 2011, 02:10 Rilcon

I was under the general and likely misguided impression we'd see RO2 before mid-year.

Music samples were really nice, but I can't really see myself playing with music in MP; being able to accurately hear and tell the distance and direction of footsteps, shouts and gunfire is kind of important and such. Hopefully the SP is worth more than just TDM vs bots.

5. Re: Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad Music Samples Feb 28, 2011, 01:36 DangerDog

ASeven wrote on Feb 27, 2011, 19:21:
DangerDog wrote on Feb 27, 2011, 19:09:
This one isn't coming out anytime soon, I'll be surprised if it releases this year.

I think you will be very surprised. In fact, I think you may see this game on sale soon enough. Let's just say that the open beta isn't that far off.

I listened to a pod cast just a little while ago and it seemed like they're making progress but had a long way to go yet, open beta would be welcome.

4. Re: Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad Music Samples Feb 27, 2011, 21:33 ShakyJake

It's too bad that it won't still be a Q1 release like I'd read last year, but I'm hoping it's still not too far off.  

3. Re: Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad Music Samples Feb 27, 2011, 19:21 ASeven

DangerDog wrote on Feb 27, 2011, 19:09:
This one isn't coming out anytime soon, I'll be surprised if it releases this year.

2. Re: Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad Music Samples Feb 27, 2011, 19:09 DangerDog

1. Re: Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad Music Samples Feb 27, 2011, 15:23 ASeven

Oh fuck, epic music. This may be a FPS I'll leave the music on in MP.  

9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo