Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

Well tonight is Hollywood's chance to honor itself again with more awards. I heard Richard Roper on Howard Stern last week make a great point about this show, which is that they should cut the audio from the auditorium when they list those who died over the past year, as it would be far more respectful for the list to be read to silence, rather than rousing applause for the movie equivalents of jocks and cheerleaders interspersed with awkward quiet smatterings for the movie equivalents of the AV squad and the glee club. It won't matter to me though, as we won't be watching: In years past MrsBlue has occasionally roped me into the show, but she has a somewhat arbitrary dislike of Anne Hathaway, so I'm in no danger in that regard tonight. Here's hoping she's a hit and is signed on as permanent host.

Oscar-worthy Links: Thanks Ant and Mike Martinez and Acleacius.
Play: Sugar, Sugar.
Click the Frog.
Links: My 2011 Oscar predictions - loonyblog.
Man Builds 5-Ton Model of Megatron from Transformers 2.
Stories: Razzie Awards.
Third Vehicle Crashes Into Phoenix Home in Less Than Two Years. Thanks Digg.
Breast milk ice cream goes on sale in Covent Garden.
Science: Darpa’s Cheetah-Bot Designed to Chase Human Prey. Thanks [H]ard-OCP.
Media: Harrison Ford screams and then he does it in song form.
Guess which dog made the mess?
LeBron James farts in Anderson's face on bench.
Auction: Earliest Surviving Monopoly Game Sells For £90,000.
The Funnies: Brevity.

View
12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

12. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 28, 2011, 06:53 Steelcamp

I gave my reasons why I liked it. Why did you hate it?

Because I saw the tv show first. The tv show is not about him freeing villages in the earth kingdom it is about Aang (pronounced with a long a) and Katara getting to the north pole to find a waterbending master. Along the way they meet Suki and the Kioshi warriors and Aang goes to see Bumi (neither in the movie BTW).

Oh and bad acting...

New series coming this fall it is about the next Avatar Korra a waterbender.

This comment was edited on Feb 28, 2011, 07:03.

-------------------------------------------
3 billion+ men in the world and my sisters keep going back to the idiots...
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

11. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 28, 2011, 00:53 Cutter

My pic of the year is Faster with The Rock. Best goddamned action flick I've seen in a long time. Classic anti-hero film in the genre of Payback and Get Carter (the original) no sappy love interest crap to ruin it, just taking names and kicking ass. I love the fight in the strip club bathroom with the one guy he's after and him talking to the kid on the phone later. We need more action films like this.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

10. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 27, 2011, 21:52 Kxmode

Steelcamp wrote on Feb 27, 2011, 16:56:
the last Airbender --- Hated it!!!!!! Sorry KX.

I gave my reasons why I liked it. Why did you hate it?

9. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 27, 2011, 19:13 ldonyo

I can't stand any of the pat-ourselves-on-the-back awards. The garbage they telecast to the world is even worse than the awards themselves.  

8. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 27, 2011, 18:59 |oR|jonvall

"I'd like to thank the Academy and follow that by saying....BABABOOEY TO YOU ALL!".  

7. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 27, 2011, 18:24 Dr. D. Schreber

I used to lol at the Razzies, but giving one to Repo! over Paris Hilton just proved they didn't even bother to watch it. She may be a scatterbrained, idiotic, spoiled rich kid, but if there's one thing in her existence she did right, it was her role in Repo!.  

NOT THE BEES! NOT THE BEES THEY'RE IN MY EYES AARRGRHGHGGAFHGHFGHFG!

6. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 27, 2011, 18:13 1badmf

a day late blue, but regarding your post yesterday about Camelot, you can stream the first episode here:

http://www.starz.com/originals/Camelot

Good stuff. Eva Green is... it's just unreal how good she is. Almost to the point of hurting the rest of the cast, it's clear when someone is too good for TV. Doesn't hurt that she gets nekky either heh. Joseph Fiennes was also excellent as Merlin. A well written character as well, loved his lines.

5. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 27, 2011, 17:02 Steelcamp

Blue
How can MrsBlue dislike Anne?
On the opposite side Mrs Steelcamp just loves her and is going to watch on purpose for the first time.
I personally think she is hot...for 28...mmmm 28.

4. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 27, 2011, 16:56 Steelcamp

the last Airbender --- Hated it!!!!!! Sorry KX.
Still waiting on my refund from Shamalan...

3. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 27, 2011, 16:09 PHJF

Another humdrum year for Hollywood. Less than half a dozen made my coveted "buy on disc" list. Best movie of 2010 I'd give handily to Scott Pilgrim.  

Steam + PSN: PHJF

2. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 27, 2011, 15:49 Kxmode

I'm going to go out on a limb and say I liked The Last Airbender. It got me interested in the animated series. The movie basically condenses the first season. I felt a lot of stuff from the first season was waste of time. The movie gets to the point and moves the film through to the end. The only thing I didn't like about the film was the ending. I rather liked the water beast Aang becomes from the cartoon.  

1. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 27, 2011, 15:15 Kosumo

Hey Hoop, how are you doing? I'd like to hear of your experance in the quake zone.  

12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo