Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

PC Fable III in May

Xbox LIVE's Major Nelson announces a bunch of Xbox 360 news that includes a couple of tidbits for PC gamers, including a May 17th release date for the Windows edition of Fable III. Here's word:

Fable III for Windows Launching in the US on May 17, Fable III for Windows takes gamers back to Albion for the next installment of the beloved Fable franchise. Players can take advantage of the same great action found on the console game as well as a full 3-D functionality made possible by NVIDIA technology and a PC-exclusive hardcore mode which offers a higher level of difficulty.

View
14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

14. Re: PC Fable III in May Feb 25, 2011, 10:12 avianflu

I enjoyed the amusing UK banter and general low-brow mindlessness of fable 2, but 3 was a big mistake. Avoid it if you can.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

13. Re: PC Fable III in May Feb 25, 2011, 09:52 Flipper405

LittleMe wrote on Feb 25, 2011, 04:50:
Flipper405 wrote on Feb 24, 2011, 20:35:
hmm.... not so interested since I've never played any fable games, and I have no idea what this is about.

Good point. I don't think they've marketed the game to the PC audience. Anyway, this game is full of fail in many ways. I might buy it when it drops under $3 just to see the beautiful game world.

haha that video was awesome!

12. Re: PC Fable III in May Feb 25, 2011, 09:09 eRe4s3r

That video just cured me of any lingering hope i had that this game port wouldn't suck.  

11. Re: PC Fable III in May Feb 25, 2011, 07:54 reisub

Jerykk wrote on Feb 24, 2011, 23:19:
I'm more interested in a port of LIMBO.
I fear it will never happen.

10. Re: PC Fable III in May Feb 25, 2011, 05:43 Ray Marden

I wouldn't say Fable 2 is great, but I would definitely say it is interesting. I has a charm to it and screams out about never realized potential.

But then you play the third game and see the strange things they focuses on, the major items they ignored, and the established items that were made worse.

From that perspective, F2 is deeply flawed, but an interesting experience.
But yes, childish and simplistic. Quite confused as well.
Noting that no RPG fan will be blown away,
Ray

Everything is awesome!!!
http://shoutengine.com/GarnettonGames/
I love you, mom.

9. Re: PC Fable III in May Feb 25, 2011, 04:50 LittleMe

Flipper405 wrote on Feb 24, 2011, 20:35:
hmm.... not so interested since I've never played any fable games, and I have no idea what this is about.

Good point. I don't think they've marketed the game to the PC audience. Anyway, this game is full of fail in many ways. I might buy it when it drops under $3 just to see the beautiful game world.

Political freedom can only be preceded by economic freedom which is preceded by monetary freedom.

8. Re: PC Fable III in May Feb 25, 2011, 02:08 Lorcin

My two cents after playing the 360 version:

If you thinking of buying it because you like RPGs, action adventures or comedy games. DON'T - it doesn't do any of that particularly well.

If you do buy it anyway - put it on the highest difficulty you can because the minute you can do aoe magic it becomes a walk in the park.

7. Re: PC Fable III in May Feb 24, 2011, 23:26 Suddenly_Dead

The last mission is somewhere around five minutes long. Basically (incoming spoilers that no one cares about):

Walk from the castle to the entrance to the city, fighting a few baddies on the way
Fight absurdly easy boss in the town square
Done (already?!)

Easily one of the least climactic climaxes in a video game.

6. Re: PC Fable III in May Feb 24, 2011, 23:19 Jerykk

I'm more interested in a port of LIMBO.  

5. Re: PC Fable III in May Feb 24, 2011, 23:06 Bumpy

Wow, if Fable 2 is the best one, the other 2 must be terrible. I found Fable 2 childish and simplistic.

I'll stick with The Witcher 2 which crazily releases on the same day.

4. Re: PC Fable III in May Feb 24, 2011, 22:53 The Half Elf

I cannot agree enough with Ray. Fable 2 is the best in the series and things that made it great (like the Dog) are a pale shadow in Fable 3.  

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

3. Re: PC Fable III in May Feb 24, 2011, 21:13 Ray Marden

It's a flawed series, but if you are even remotely interested, buy the second game and skip this one.

They refined a number of things, but then pitched the story out the window and made the relationship aspect extremely tedious (a true feat in and of itself.)
Still a game with big promises and questionable execution.
Wishing Molyneux spend more time on designing than talking,
Ray

Everything is awesome!!!
http://shoutengine.com/GarnettonGames/
I love you, mom.

2. Re: PC Fable III in May Feb 24, 2011, 20:36 nutshell42

Fable III for Windows takes gamers back to Albion for the next installment of the beloved Fable franchise.

The next installment would be Fable II. This is the one after that.

Players can take advantage of the same great action found on the console game

Read: This is a piss poor port and you get jack shit for waiting a year...

as well as a full 3-D functionality made possible by NVIDIA technology

...with the exception of a feature NVidia did for us.

PC-exclusive hardcore mode which offers a higher level of difficulty

+20% hitpoints for all enemies. We'll have the intern do that over lunch break some time.

I know, it sounds like sour grapes but I'm in the comfortable position of never having been interested in this series (after Black&White Molyneux is an automatic no-buy). My condolences to people who actually wanted to play this and believed Microsoft's "Renewed Support of PC Gaming." You might be retarded if you did but you didn't deserve this anyway.

1. Re: PC Fable III in May Feb 24, 2011, 20:35 Flipper405

14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo