Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

NetDevil Layoffs?

Developer NetDevil "suffered crippling layoffs last night," reports Eurogamer, saying this news comes by way of "multiple reports," including Facebook updates and a blog update from animator Toby Cochran. The reports are not confirmed by NetDevil or their owner Gazillion Entertainment, but things sound dire, as they say there's an image of a tombstone circulating on Facebook inscribed with: "NetDevil RIP October 1997-Feb 2011." Here's word from Cochran's blog: "Unfortunately a lot of talented folks lost their jobs as we have found out on Facebook! I personally think it's pretty terrible to find news out that way and not to be correctly notified. We all were receiving phone calls tonight and I just got mine about 2 hrs ago. From what we've been told a handful of artists will be kept on board and continue working on Lego Universe. But at the moment that will be a very, VERY small team. As the count continues to rise on FB, they've cut over 20 people."

View
5. Re: NetDevil Layoffs? Feb 24, 2011, 13:04 Gnolt

goodbye Jumpgate Evolution

Once again the cruel winds of fate ensure Elven supremacy in the mmo market, disallowing even the smallest hint of an mmo not having a race with pointy ears *sigh*

Previous Post Next Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. Feb 24, 10:19 Re: NetDevil Layoffs? Cutter
  3. Feb 24, 11:05  Re: NetDevil Layoffs? Wildone
  4. Feb 24, 11:26   Re: NetDevil Layoffs? ColoradoHoudini
  7. Mar 24, 18:06  Re: NetDevil Layoffs? Ruffiana
  2. Feb 24, 10:48 Re: NetDevil Layoffs? Creston
>> 5. Feb 24, 13:04 Re: NetDevil Layoffs? Gnolt
  6. Feb 24, 13:25  Re: NetDevil Layoffs? Burrito of Peace

footer

Blue's News logo