Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

StarCraft II Bans

Battle.net has word that Blizzard has busted out the BanLaser on some StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty cheaters (thanks Big Download). Here's word:

We recently issued a new round of account suspensions and bans to StarCraft II players who were in violation of the Battle.net Terms of Use for cheating and/or using hack programs while playing. In addition to undermining the spirit of fair competition thatís essential to play on Battle.net, cheating and hacking can lead to stability and performance issues with the service. As always, maintaining a stable, safe, and secure online-gaming experience for legitimate players is a top priority for us, and we'll be continuing to keep watch on Battle.net and take action as needed.

View
10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

10. Re: StarCraft II Bans Feb 23, 2011, 23:33 Sepharo

MxxCon wrote on Feb 23, 2011, 23:26:
i'm kinda in the same boat as you. whenever i play rts i always get rolled over.
i like to play until i research everything to the max and then build the biggest units and destroy the opponent.
while i'm happily researching 3rd tier units i suddenly get flooded by opponents tier 1 and 2 units and destroyed.
RTS multi games are just not for me..

This has been my experience with every foray into MP RTS as well. Oh well, back to Tropico 3 with the likes of me.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

9. Re: StarCraft II Bans Feb 23, 2011, 23:26 MxxCon

JohnBirshire wrote on Feb 23, 2011, 22:13:
I tried to get back into it by playing a couple games online last night, but it's just too fast. Everything literally looks like it is moving in super speed, like watching a movie in fast forward. This might be great for the 400 apm pros, but for some of the more casual players it takes away a lot of the enjoyment. If anything, at least ask players what game speed they want to play on.
i'm kinda in the same boat as you. whenever i play rts i always get rolled over.
i like to play until i research everything to the max and then build the biggest units and destroy the opponent.
while i'm happily researching 3rd tier units i suddenly get flooded by opponents tier 1 and 2 units and destroyed.
RTS multi games are just not for me..

8. Re: StarCraft II Bans Feb 23, 2011, 22:44 MattyC

JohnBirshire wrote on Feb 23, 2011, 22:13:
I tried to get back into it by playing a couple games online last night, but it's just too fast. Everything literally looks like it is moving in super speed, like watching a movie in fast forward. This might be great for the 400 apm pros, but for some of the more casual players it takes away a lot of the enjoyment. If anything, at least ask players what game speed they want to play on.

You can do this under custom games. You are able to set it to whatever you would like. However the ladder needs to all be done at once speed, otherwise match making would be all off. Plus I am sure the ladder doesn't have you playing 400 APM pros

Did you skip the practice league? It plays at a much lower speed and has rock wall offs on bases so people can learn the game before playing it at the real speed and having to worry about wall offs from fast pushes/cheese. If you did skip them I don't think you can go back to it now unfortunatly

7. Re: StarCraft II Bans Feb 23, 2011, 22:13 JohnBirshire

6. Re: StarCraft II Bans Feb 23, 2011, 16:18 MattyC

InBlack wrote on Feb 23, 2011, 10:22:
Has Starcraft II taken off in Korea at all? Does anyone know?

It has to a degree. It isn't like SC1, but many SC1 players are moving over to SC2 and the GSL is going strong ( http://www.gomtv.net/ ). However it is really taking off in the west ( http://pro.majorleaguegaming.com/competitions/16#event_33_event_information and http://nasl.tv/ ) and in Europe ( http://www.dreamhack.se/DHS11/programme/esport/ ).

5. Re: StarCraft II Bans Feb 23, 2011, 14:21 Kxmode

gilly775 wrote on Feb 23, 2011, 12:52:
I lmao when I heard they were banning those that only cheated in single player games against the AI.

Meh. Cheat happens.

4. Re: StarCraft II Bans Feb 23, 2011, 12:52 gilly775

Does this still include single player games as well? I lmao when I heard they were banning those that only cheated in single player games against the AI.  

3. Re: StarCraft II Bans Feb 23, 2011, 11:24 MxxCon

I wonder if they banned DropBox developer's bots accounts
look at 4:50 mark
http://techcrunchtv.com/new-and-featured/watch?id=41ZmIxMjpx8-W3ur5RIINPOUTTQuZcc2

2. Re: StarCraft II Bans Feb 23, 2011, 11:00 Kxmode

Do those BanLasers make pew pew sounds?  

1. Re: StarCraft II Bans Feb 23, 2011, 10:22 InBlack

Has Starcraft II taken off in Korea at all? Does anyone know?  

I have a nifty blue line!

10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo