Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Dragon Age II Demo

The Dragon Age Website now offers downloads of the promised playable demo for Dragon Age II, BioWare's RPG sequel. The demo is available in three varieties, an English demo which includes Espa˝ol, Italiano, Polski, and Русский subtitles, which is mirrored on AtomicGamer, ComputerGames.ro, Gamer's Hell, WorthPlaying; a Deutsch demo, which is mirrored on Gamer's Hell; and a demo en Franšais, which is mirrored on AtomicGamer and Gamer's Hell. They also remind us of the previously announced promotion that will provide players with two in-game items if the demo achieves one million downloads and logins by March 1st, and word is that all players who complete the demo by May 31st will receive and additional in-game item. Here's word:

In the demo, players will venture through the game's prologue, choosing from three different character classes. They'll also learn more about Hawke and hone their skills and abilities that will make them the ultimate hero. After finishing the prologue, players will enter a key new location in the world of Dragon Age, Kirkwall, befriending Isabela, a romantic interest in the game who is also a deadly smuggler. Upon completion of the demo, players will unlock a special weapon, Hayder's Razor, an ancient dwarven blade which increases health, mana, and combat abilities, in the full release of Dragon Age 2.

View
154 Replies. 8 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ] Older >

14. Re: Dragon Age II Demo Feb 22, 2011, 14:39 entr0py

Fion wrote on Feb 22, 2011, 12:56:
I personally thought DA:O was their best game since Baldur's Gate 1/2 and even as good as those two. So I don't know if I'll enjoy it or not. I'm not as much a fan of 'action rpgs' which seem to be everywhere these days as I am a traditional rpg fan. So we'll see.

Fortunately it's not at all an action RPG. Mostly that impression was just an overreaction by people watching early console footage and making broad assumptions.

The combat is largely the same as the last game. A recent developer livecast gave a really good picture of this, In a difficult battle he was quickly switching between party members to use abilities, repositions them, and keep them from dying with health potions. It looked fairly difficult, and was so fast paced that he had to do a lot of pausing to issue commands. Then you learn it was early in the game and on normal difficulty.

http://greywardens.com/2011/02/dragon-age-2-live-dev-chat-recap-finished/

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

13. Re: Dragon Age II Demo Feb 22, 2011, 14:29 Techie714 ę

DA < The Witcher....  

Steam (ID)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/techie714/
DEAD SH0T
Keep your privacy!
http://prism-break.org/

12. Re: Dragon Age II Demo Feb 22, 2011, 14:05 RaZ0r!

I haven't even really played the first one yet. Too backlogged on games from Steam sales. I'll try it out in a year or two.  

11. Re: Dragon Age II Demo Feb 22, 2011, 13:42 SmyTTor

Getting around 7mb on the GamersHell torrent, good times. I'd suggest going with that method.  

10. Re: Dragon Age II Demo Feb 22, 2011, 13:10 Verno

They throttled the official download link so everyone gets the same speed apparently because I pulled it down at 2.0MB/s earlier. I guess it was killing the rest of the site which at least appears now. I was going to throw up a torrent but there's a GamersHell one already.  

Playing: Everquest Next Alpha, Diablo 3, Bravely Default
Watching: Evidence, Longmire, Chained

9. Re: Dragon Age II Demo Feb 22, 2011, 13:08 Fion

The only one available for me was Sweden lol. Just gotta check back every few mins and hope one opens up.  

8. Re: Dragon Age II Demo Feb 22, 2011, 13:05 Rainier

I don't even see any mirror locations on GamersHell, none of the three language version, all have "no mirrors available"  

7. Re: Dragon Age II Demo Feb 22, 2011, 13:04 Flipper405

yeah i'm gonna hope that steam has it up by this weekend  

6. Re: Dragon Age II Demo Feb 22, 2011, 13:01 necrosis

Both download locations are pathetic. Official is only doing around 20-70k Gamer's Hell only has stupid ass Europe as a mirror so im getting 20k from them.

When will these morons use torrents?

EDIT: Oh crap! Refreshed Gamer's Hell and they now have a torrent up!

This comment was edited on Feb 22, 2011, 13:23.

5. Re: Dragon Age II Demo Feb 22, 2011, 12:57 baltar

As an response to this, i'm installing my storebought of Baldur's Gate: The Complete Saga right now.  

4. Re: Dragon Age II Demo Feb 22, 2011, 12:56 Fion

I personally thought DA:O was their best game since Baldur's Gate 1/2 and even as good as those two. So I don't know if I'll enjoy it or not. I'm not as much a fan of 'action rpgs' which seem to be everywhere these days as I am a traditional rpg fan. So we'll see.  

3. Re: Dragon Age II Demo Feb 22, 2011, 12:50 Shagwood

I found it to be very meh. But then again...I hated the first one. So. I just really think that Bioware, whose RPGs I used to LOVE, are now killing the RPG market and putting out Action games and calling them RPGs. Sucks.  

2. Re: Dragon Age II Demo Feb 22, 2011, 12:46 sir

20Kb/s off the Dragon Age website, vs 1.2 MB/s off Gamer's Hell. Thirty minutes and counting. Goodbye real world for (hopefully) a couple of hours.  

1. Re: Dragon Age II Demo Feb 22, 2011, 12:43 Verno

http://dragonage.bioware.com/da2/demodownload/?download=true&language=en

Direct link since their site is dying. Just hammer that a few times and you'll get the download. Fairly meh in my opinion but I'll be interested to hear what other people think about it.

Playing: Everquest Next Alpha, Diablo 3, Bravely Default
Watching: Evidence, Longmire, Chained

154 Replies. 8 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo