Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

More Mass Effect 2 DLC?

A new patch for the PlayStation 3 edition of Mass Effect 2 seems to indicate more DLC is on the way for BioWare's action/RPG sequel. The new DLC is apparently called Arrival, and they relate speculation from the BioWare Social Network that this may refer to the arrival of the Reapers in a set-up for Mass Effect 3.

View
16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

16. Re: More Mass Effect 2 DLC? Feb 22, 2011, 23:54 Jerykk

Eh? I played through the DLC with a completed save. No need for a new playthrough.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

15. Re: More Mass Effect 2 DLC? Feb 22, 2011, 14:17 Wowbagger_TIP

Yeah, there was no way I was going to go back and play through ME2 again just to try the DLC. It was repetitive enough the first time.  

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

14. Re: More Mass Effect 2 DLC? Feb 22, 2011, 14:10 DG

Enjoyed Shadow Broker, Overlord and Kasumi DLC.

TBH "an interesting character, and the mission you got to do with her was a nice diversion from the regular mission design" (spot-on description btw) is actually what I want from a DLC.

Shadow Broker and Overlord are more like mini-expansions, frankly (despite these being decent value) I'd rather pay and get a bit more content so there's actually enough there to get back into the game again. I wouldn't have bothered with them except that they were already out when I got round to playing ME2.

Worse perhaps, since they're accessible mid-game presumably for most of the early-buyers they meant another run-through.

13. Re: More Mass Effect 2 DLC? Feb 22, 2011, 12:40 Suddenly_Dead

Ah, yeah, Kasumi. Shows how memorable that one was.  

12. Re: More Mass Effect 2 DLC? Feb 22, 2011, 12:02 El Pit

Suddenly_Dead wrote on Feb 22, 2011, 11:00:
Those are the only two that cost anything if you had the Cerberus network code, aren't they? That is, aside from the weapons and outfits.

No, the "Kasumi" DLC also costs money, even for Cerberus Network users. Kasumi is an interesting character, and the mission you got to do with her was a nice diversion from the regular mission design. But I don't think it's worth the money - unlike the Shadowbroker DLC.

Consoles? I owned two: a Pong clone and an Atari 2600. And that's it.

11. Re: More Mass Effect 2 DLC? Feb 22, 2011, 11:00 Suddenly_Dead

Sho wrote on Feb 22, 2011, 00:49:
Shadowbroker ties up a story arc begun in the Mass Effect 2 prequel "Redemption" comic books and continued in the game (centered around Liara), so it's definitely pretty relevant to the franchise mythology.

I also liked the Overlord DLC, personally. The others aren't really worth it, though.
Those are the only two that cost anything if you had the Cerberus network code, aren't they? That is, aside from the weapons and outfits.

10. Re: More Mass Effect 2 DLC? Feb 22, 2011, 07:54 Zoom

well it depends on the gameplay length of that DLC. If it's up to par with Shadowbroker i'll get it.  

9. Re: More Mass Effect 2 DLC? Feb 22, 2011, 06:48 Asmo

I just can't get excited about DLC for a game I completed months ago that I have shelved...

8. Re: More Mass Effect 2 DLC? Feb 22, 2011, 00:49 Sho

Shadowbroker ties up a story arc begun in the Mass Effect 2 prequel "Redemption" comic books and continued in the game (centered around Liara), so it's definitely pretty relevant to the franchise mythology.

I also liked the Overlord DLC, personally. The others aren't really worth it, though.

7. Re: More Mass Effect 2 DLC? Feb 22, 2011, 00:39 El Pit

Shte Shadowbroker DLC for ME2 is pretty good. if you want any DLC for ME2, then get this one.  
Consoles? I owned two: a Pong clone and an Atari 2600. And that's it.

6. Re: More Mass Effect 2 DLC? Feb 21, 2011, 23:26 entr0py

In general I'm not interested in minor DLC, only expansions. Maybe heavily discounted DLC packs, but even those are a lame substitute.

In that respect they did a great job on DA:O. We got a proper and lengthy expansion within a few months, while people were still interested in the game. Sure there was plenty of minor DLC for DA:O as well, but that's easily ignored.

5. Re: More Mass Effect 2 DLC? Feb 21, 2011, 22:32 Verno

PropheT wrote on Feb 21, 2011, 22:18:
If this is really the story of the DLC, I'm disappointed as hell.

ME2 did nothing to advance the story from the original, so to tacking on the actual story progression of the series as DLC is about as lame an approach as any I could think of.

ME2 had a lot of positive improvements, particularly related to the combat and I didn't mind the interface streamlining. But boy howdy did the story and RPG elements fall apart. ME2 lacked a decent protagonist and any overarching plot direction. I just about burst out laughing at the ridiculous human reaper bot at the end. All of that time recruiting those characters for a barely coherent "suicide" mission that felt like weak DLC. I really hope they find the true balance between the first game and whatever they're shooting for because ME2 ain't it.

Playing: Divinity Original Sin, Infamous Second Son, Madden
Watching: Spartan, Possible Worlds, The Changeling

4. Re: More Mass Effect 2 DLC? Feb 21, 2011, 22:29 Creston

The ME2 DLC has been better than the DA:O DLC, so I'm cool if they want to add more to it.

Though by now it's getting a bit long in the tooth, and really, let's just get ME3 done.

Creston

3. Re: More Mass Effect 2 DLC? Feb 21, 2011, 22:18 PropheT

If this is really the story of the DLC, I'm disappointed as hell.

ME2 did nothing to advance the story from the original, so to tacking on the actual story progression of the series as DLC is about as lame an approach as any I could think of.

2. Re: More Mass Effect 2 DLC? Feb 21, 2011, 21:38 mixma242

I haven't bought any, but would.... if they put it all in one pack at an affordable price. And no, not the GOTY edition. Basically, I'm looking to buy all the ME2 DLC for under $10, is that unreasonable? By the time ME3 comes out I will not take the ME2 DLC for free...  

1. Re: More Mass Effect 2 DLC? Feb 21, 2011, 21:28 KilrathiAce

Please stop with me2 dlcs... its becoming a joke. Lets concentrate on me3.  

"On 2646.215 I myself attacked & destroyed TCS Tiger's Claw in my Jalthi heavy fighter"
Bakhtosh Redclaw Nar Kiranka

16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo