Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

APB-Reloaded Beta Keys This Week

The APB-Reloaded Website announces beta keys to the APB: All Points Bulletin reboot are coming this week: "Beta Application Keys will be sent this coming week. Once you receive the application key, then use it to access your unique application, and presuming you fill everything out correctly, you will be in line to get back on the streets of San Paro presuming you fulfill the requirements outlined in the post below by Neume."

View
12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

12. Re: APB-Reloaded Beta Keys This Week Feb 22, 2011, 17:26 |oR|jonvall

Yeah...there were no performance issues at all! It ran great on my machine....and it's 3 years old!  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

11. Re: I just don't get it... Feb 21, 2011, 22:12 Sepharo

The Half Elf wrote on Feb 21, 2011, 20:22:
Did you ever play APB? Granted they offered more graphic options but performance wise it was horrible.

Yeah I played it a quite a bit considering my fleeting attention span. I don't recall performance issues. Either I was having too much fun to notice, rose colored glasses, or my machine is a beast.

10. Re: removed Feb 21, 2011, 20:37 |oR|jonvall

venomhed wrote on Feb 21, 2011, 15:53:
* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Feb 21, 2011, 15:57.

Further proving my point......Way to go!

9. Re: I just don't get it... Feb 21, 2011, 20:22 The Half Elf

Did you ever play APB? Granted they offered more graphic options but performance wise it was horrible.  

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

8. Re: I just don't get it... Feb 21, 2011, 18:35 Sepharo

The Half Elf wrote on Feb 21, 2011, 17:54:
none of the performance issues that APB has

hwat?

7. I just don't get it... Feb 21, 2011, 17:54 The Half Elf

DC Universe Online uses the same engine, has HUGE maps, and none of the performance issues that APB has.

Unless they pull off some magic (including fixing all the rampant cheating) I just don't see this surviving 6 months after launch.

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

6. removed Feb 21, 2011, 15:53 venomhed

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Feb 21, 2011, 15:57.

5. Re: APB-Reloaded Beta Keys This Week Feb 21, 2011, 15:28 |oR|jonvall

venomhed wrote on Feb 21, 2011, 15:12:
Like donating to Africa: Pointless and a waste of time, energy and money.

That's why you are a "worker" and other people are business owners....way to see the bigger picture!

I hope I get picked also....I agree that the game, as it was, wasn't worth a monthly sub.....BUT....since it's going to be free to play you won't have to worry about a monthly sub.

If many of the issues are addresses then I can see myself paying to play the game.

4. Re: APB-Reloaded Beta Keys This Week Feb 21, 2011, 15:12 venomhed

Like donating to Africa: Pointless and a waste of time, energy and money.  

3. Re: APB-Reloaded Beta Keys This Week Feb 21, 2011, 13:38 WyldKat

I'm hoping the fact I paid money for the original game and signed up for the beta they sent me will get me in.

It's a pity this starts "this week" and not "today" since I need something to do while waiting for Rift Headstart.

Probably not the best idea for them to drop a beta on the week a large MMO release is coming out.

2. Re: APB-Reloaded Beta Keys This Week Feb 21, 2011, 12:31 Esoteric

Well, I think a lot of the first chance applicants were previous owners of the game. As a previous owner, I'd assume you had a vested interested in the game being good, as you paid for it already and might like to play again. I applied, hopefully I get in. The game definitely had some fun moments. It definitely wasn't worth a monthly sub, though.

So far the devs seem like they at least understand the problems and the game from a design perspective. Hopefully they are able to tweak the necessary things to make it more fun.

1. Re: APB-Reloaded Beta Keys This Week Feb 21, 2011, 12:03 Trooper119

So they have a line of applicants, of those they're giving a select few keys to get in another line to be accepted into the game?

I realize this isn't exactly uncommon however it would be nice if they actually pretended like the people they are inviting are actually bug hunters and not just leeches just looking for an early go at the game.

12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo