Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

BioShock 2 DLC Mess Up

The 2K Games forums have a number of posts indicating that the long-awaited Protector Trials DLC for BioShock 2 mistakenly showed up in the Games for Windows Marketplace, and while players were able to purchase it (in spite of the fact that it was supposed to be a free release), it does not work at this time, likely because the underwater shooter sequel will require a patch before it will work. There are posts from community manager 2K Elizabeth apologizing for the error, but there's no word yet on any recourse for those who have purchased the DLC. Thanks Big Download.

View
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

8. Re: BioShock 2 DLC Mess Up Feb 20, 2011, 06:54 spindoctor

I wonder how much of this mess is really 2K's fault. They obviously have to give the DLC in for certification testing to the people who run GFWL, but they cannot actually put it up on the store themselves now can they? To me, it sounds more like someone at GFWL screwed up and put the thing up on the marketplace before it was meant to go on there.  
Some of the most miserable and unhappy gamers on the planet are at Bluesnews
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: BioShock 2 DLC Mess Up Feb 20, 2011, 03:26 Tanto Edge

Wow. I'm impressed. Where 2k has always managed to make me chuckle, this was honestly a big step up.
Totally impressed. Well done 2k.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=705LEH3j2g0&t=0m24s
http://www.youtube.com/user/tantoedge

6. Re: BioShock 2 DLC Mess Up Feb 20, 2011, 02:30 Sempai

It's quite obvious at this point that 2K and this team are made up of complete and utter fuckwits.  

5. Re: Bulletstorm Using GFWL [Updated] Feb 20, 2011, 01:07 Vektuz

Shoulda went on Steam instead of GFWL  

4. Re: BioShock 2 DLC Mess Up Feb 19, 2011, 21:01 JayDeath

Overon wrote on Feb 19, 2011, 16:21:
2k is incompetent. The bioshock 2 situation is a bunch of fuckups. Add one more to the list.

Agreed. At this moment, I can't even load up the game. There is a fix I think but why not throw us a patch?

Steam: Henry Krinkle

I want a new Brothers in Arms game!

3. Re: BioShock 2 DLC Mess Up Feb 19, 2011, 17:22 nin

Way to go Choby! If there's a way to fuck it up, your group will find it!

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

2. Re: BioShock 2 DLC Mess Up Feb 19, 2011, 16:47 MajorD

God bless you 2K Elizabeth; it is very apparent that you have a tough job of 'damage control' (public apologies) for a team/group that seems to be very incompetent. The mistakes and screw-ups seem to be never ending……

I was just wondering to myself the other day what the status was of the new patch they promised that is forthcoming, and then this news. Angry

1. Re: BioShock 2 DLC Mess Up Feb 19, 2011, 16:21 Overon

2k is incompetent. The bioshock 2 situation is a bunch of fuckups. Add one more to the list.  

8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo