Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Console Diablo III Confirmed?

A new Blizzard Entertainment Career Opportunity seeks a "Senior Producer, Console" for Diablo III, a pretty strong confirmation that the action/RPG series is heading to consoles. In November 2009 Blizzard posted help wanted ads for three console-related Diablo III, but stated "this is not an announcement of a console title." The new listing calls for "a highly organized individual with outstanding communications and project management skills for the Diablo team." Thanks Joao via Computer and Video Games.

View
49 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

49. Re: Console Diablo III Confirmed? Feb 19, 2011, 13:41 AnointedSword

Who cares, this is Blizzard. It will be done right.  
If you were right, I would be agreeing with you.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

48. Re: Console Diablo III Confirmed? Feb 19, 2011, 10:47 Bhruic

Also post 25, thus sarcastic 4th mention as if nobody else had pointed it out.

What I don't understand is how no one pointed out that Diablo came out for the PSX. You'd have thought someone would have noticed.

47. Re: Console Diablo III Confirmed? Feb 19, 2011, 03:14 Sepharo

Prez wrote on Feb 18, 2011, 23:31:
Sepharo wrote on Feb 18, 2011, 19:22:
What every single person in this thread is forgetting though is that the first Diablo was also on Playstation.

Pssssst! Hey buddy - Post 36 and 40 want to talk to you!

Also post 25, thus sarcastic 4th mention as if nobody else had pointed it out.

46. Re: Console Diablo III Confirmed? Feb 18, 2011, 23:31 Prez

What every single person in this thread is forgetting though is that the first Diablo was also on Playstation.

Pssssst! Hey buddy - Post 36 and 40 want to talk to you!

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

45. Re: Console Diablo III Confirmed? Feb 18, 2011, 21:13 Cram

PHJF wrote on Feb 18, 2011, 21:09:
Agent.X7 wrote on Feb 18, 2011, 17:11:
Couldn't. Care. Less.

Diablo was great. By the time Diablo II rolled around, Blizzard had already dropped the ball on the action RPG genre. Dungeon Siege beat it out of the gate by quite a bit and had way better graphics, since Blizzard stuck to sprites. It also had a good many innovations that made it a lot of fun, which Diablo II skipped as well.

Diablo II

Release date(s) * NA / PAL June 29, 2000

Dungeon Siege

Release date(s) April 5, 2002

And lol's were had.

44. Re: Console Diablo III Confirmed? Feb 18, 2011, 21:09 PHJF

Agent.X7 wrote on Feb 18, 2011, 17:11:
Couldn't. Care. Less.

Diablo was great. By the time Diablo II rolled around, Blizzard had already dropped the ball on the action RPG genre. Dungeon Siege beat it out of the gate by quite a bit and had way better graphics, since Blizzard stuck to sprites. It also had a good many innovations that made it a lot of fun, which Diablo II skipped as well.

Diablo II

Release date(s) * NA / PAL June 29, 2000

Dungeon Siege

Release date(s) April 5, 2002

Steam + PSN: PHJF

43. Re: Console Diablo III Confirmed? Feb 18, 2011, 20:33 Kosumo

They should make it 3D (like movies) so you could say "I'm playing D3 in 3d"

Also the collector edition should come with spare mouse button to replace the ones that get wore out.

42. Re: Console Diablo III Confirmed? Feb 18, 2011, 20:27 Slashman

The first Diablo was also a very simple, sprite-based game. The second Diablo had a wider scope and more characters...but it was still very simplistic and not a 3d graphics driven game by any means.

41. Re: Console Diablo III Confirmed? Feb 18, 2011, 19:22 Sepharo

40. Re: Console Diablo III Confirmed? Feb 18, 2011, 18:59 bigspender

anyone remember diablo on PSX?  

39. Re: Console Diablo III Confirmed? Feb 18, 2011, 18:55 Dev

Dirwulf wrote on Feb 18, 2011, 17:48:
The PC and console versions are being developed separately by two different teams.
Its never two entirely separate teams. If nothing else the audio is the same for both

38. Re: Console Diablo III Confirmed? Feb 18, 2011, 18:32 Granz

I will do PC. But they would be smart to do console. The more money they make the more benefit we get in Expansions ETC...  

37. Re: Console Diablo III Confirmed? Feb 18, 2011, 17:48 Dirwulf

The PC and console versions are being developed separately by two different teams.  

36. Re: Console Diablo III Confirmed? Feb 18, 2011, 17:29 Prez

Makes sense - I actually owned Diablo for my Sony Playstation. It played fine with a PSone controller, but ultimately the PC is really the only way to play.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

35. Re: Console Diablo III Confirmed? Feb 18, 2011, 17:24 AngelicPenguin

I don't think any of those games can compete with Diablo 2 in terms of longevity and community, however.

I loved Torchlight and Titan Quest, but they both lacked either multiplayer or secure online multiplayer.

Sacred 2 was pretty buggy and the developer went out of business so it wasn't supported very well, but I thought it was a good stab at a complex ARPG (if such a thing exists.)

I guess that's why I'm most excited by Blizzard's offering. I know they'll support it, and at least attempt to balance the hell out of it.

34. Re: Console Diablo III Confirmed? Feb 18, 2011, 17:11 Agent.X7

Couldn't. Care. Less.

Since then, there have been many very good ARPGs, and none of them were made by Blizzard. Titan's Quest, Torchlight, Sacred 2, etc.

I am going to try DIII, but I don't really expect miracles or genre changers out of it. It certainly won;t hurt it to come out on multiple platforms.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

33. Re: Console Diablo III Confirmed? Feb 18, 2011, 16:35 AngelicPenguin

Normally I would be concerned, but this quote fits my gut feel for how Blizzard would do this:

"So Diablo fans who prefer console gaming shouldn’t get their controller leads in a twist just yet. One thing that Blizzard have said is that if they take the console plunge (which remains a significant ‘if’) then they will approach it as an original development, not a simple port or any development that would sacrifice any aspect of the game’s quality."

Source

32. Re: Console Diablo III Confirmed? Feb 18, 2011, 16:01 killer_roach

ASJD wrote on Feb 18, 2011, 15:12:
It's not like Diablo 3 is cutting edge graphics or tech or anything.

Same can be said for, well, pretty much anything Blizzard does...

31. Re: Console Diablo III Confirmed? Feb 18, 2011, 15:29 Cram

Give the consolers they're own battle.net so they can all play together with whatever limits are imposed on the console version (that's right, impose the limits on the console version not the PC version), and let all the PC people have their own battle.net so they can all play the game in it's fully customizable glory thus having no advantage in resolution or whatever over the console people.

I can't imagine the console and pc people could play together anyway. Consolers would get creamed in pvp and would probably just lag behind trying to keep up in pve with the PC crowd.

30. Re: Console Diablo III Confirmed? Feb 18, 2011, 15:23 TurdFergasun

no but making all the advanced shaders selectable and adjustable will. if was a simple matter of allowing the consoles to dumb down the res to like 640x480 so they could handle it, i'd be game. but there will be compromises to the pc to accomodate consoles. there is no economical way that this won't happen. consider how much extra cost it would be to bring the "me too" consoles along for the ride without totally dumbing it down. concoles are like special needs kids, you can include them and go to the amuzement park with them, but u gotta stay on all the kiddie rides to keep them from pooing all over the place and having a fit. except there is no emotional tie to a console, no payoff, just ppl who don't like to think for themselves. fuck em, along with all the ignorant apathy they stand for.  

49 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo