Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Bulletstorm Trailer

A new Bulletstorm 'Whip, Kick, Boom' Trailer shows off the action in "the ass end of space" which is the setting of the upcoming first-person shooter from People Can Fly and Epic Games. The trailer depicts a load of over-the-top gameplay, describing how Bulletstorm offers cool stuff to do, cool stuff to get, cooler stuff to do, and cooler stuff to get, all set to the soothing strains of Boom by P.O.D. Below is the embedded version.

View
22 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

22. Re: Bulletstorm Trailer Feb 18, 2011, 23:30 Wowbagger_TIP

This game would suck ass on a console. I'll wait and see how it feels on the PC. That will be the deciding factor for me. It looks like it would be crap without kb/mouse controls for accuracy. It could be a fun thing to play here and there when I want something short. Kinda like Painkiller was.  

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

21. Re: Bulletstorm Trailer Feb 18, 2011, 06:43 SectorEffector

If I ever catch another developer animating buildings being destroyed in that style again im gonna shoot them JFK style and then Bulletstorm "gang bang" cliff with a unreal 1 ASMD shock rifle. Worst building destruction i've ever seen, its as bad as looking at power rangers episode's battle sequence in a model city.

Played the PS3 Demo, gave it alot of chances. It feels exactly like gears of war but in first person. Even the blood has that stupid shimmery shader on it.

Blow body parts off, but after the enemies dead, no more limbs come off. ( stupid )

The best part of the game is the level design. (aside from that horribly animated city destruction. )

Cliff, continues producing lackluster titles with the IMMENSE AMOUNT OF FUNDS he has to work with.... and you make THIS!???

Wow... Just WOW.

PC Gaming is the only hope because MOD developers are the future. Not this twisted has been, some still call a DEVELOPER.... more like FPS trendsurfer. Morso the Michael Bay of gaming.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-Q2iICtlIc

20. Re: Bulletstorm Trailer Feb 18, 2011, 01:18 xXBatmanXx

SpectralMeat wrote on Feb 17, 2011, 15:54:
They either getting bored or desperate (or both) to make so many trailers. When that monster knocks over the buildings in this trailer that looked laughably cheesy

I can only assume pre order numbers are pretty low.....so they are trying the viral/internet attack rather then dropping millions on tv spots...who knows.

THis is a rental on a console....no way in hell I am buying this game.

And yea, that "knocks over building and it acts like a broom handle" animation is total garbage. It even BOUNCES off of the other building......

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

19. Re: Bulletstorm Trailer Feb 18, 2011, 00:18 Draugr

Icewind wrote on Feb 17, 2011, 20:52:
Undocumented Alien wrote on Feb 17, 2011, 16:25:
I've been messing around with the demo on my PS3, it's a goofy game but mindless fun, I'll probably buy it since they had they presence of mind to make it have COOP which I don't see enough of anymore and it's always fun to just crush stuff with 3 other friends. It's Duke Nukem'ish.

That's exactly why I'm ignoring all of the bad points and getting the game. I have several friends who are and we all plan to coop the hell out of this game.

I still think it's dumb as shit to charge 59.99 for this game but we have the welfare console kiddies to thank for that.

You think it's dumb, yet you're forking the money over, what does that make you?
Maybe they wouldn't charge premium prices for this tripe if people were more frugal with what they considered a 60 dollar purchase. I don't see how it's the fault of impoverished people who buy the game any more than yours.

18. Re: Bulletstorm Trailer Feb 17, 2011, 21:54 Beamer

I still think it's dumb as shit to charge 59.99 for this game but we have the welfare console kiddies to thank for that.

So are you saying it should be more than $59.99, are you trolling, or do you just have no clue what logic is?

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

17. Re: Bulletstorm Trailer Feb 17, 2011, 21:13 Sepharo

Icewind wrote on Feb 17, 2011, 20:52:
That's exactly why I'm ignoring all of the bad points and getting the game. I have several friends who are and we all plan to coop the hell out of this game.

People that buy games for $59.99 are to blame.

16. Re: Bulletstorm Trailer Feb 17, 2011, 20:52 Icewind

Undocumented Alien wrote on Feb 17, 2011, 16:25:
I've been messing around with the demo on my PS3, it's a goofy game but mindless fun, I'll probably buy it since they had they presence of mind to make it have COOP which I don't see enough of anymore and it's always fun to just crush stuff with 3 other friends. It's Duke Nukem'ish.

15. Re: Bulletstorm Trailer Feb 17, 2011, 20:46 Beamer

Do they really consider that I'll buy it when I have Duke Nukem, Homefront and Killzone 3 as alternatives?

The best part of this list is that it's two games that Epic gets paid for and one that is a console sequel in a line that's had precisely 0 good games. Ok, Killzone 2 was decent, not great, but Killzone 1 sucked.

Also, Killzone 3 won't have a PC demo, costs as much, and uses Sony's online service...

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

14. Re: Bulletstorm Trailer Feb 17, 2011, 19:36 Golwar

No PC demo, overpriced, uses GFWL - not to mention that it is from Epic.
Do they really consider that I'll buy it when I have Duke Nukem, Homefront and Killzone 3 as alternatives? Never ever!

13. Re: Bulletstorm Trailer Feb 17, 2011, 19:03 Hump

"Meat Fountain"

OK, as much as I despise Epic this term should be part of the American vernacular.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad

12. Re: Bulletstorm Trailer Feb 17, 2011, 19:01 Sempai

Yes the song is overused..although i don't remember.

It's still the best part of that trailer.

The game looks meh..

11. Re: Bulletstorm Trailer Feb 17, 2011, 18:56 Lorcin

Totally agree on the "GANGBANG +500" bit - why they'd want to take what was a quickly tiresome novelty from the original UT and use it so excessively is beyond me. I'll hold off even getting the demo until I can check they can be turned off.

Still at the same time the comments in this thread have made me look up what an actual douche bag is - not the slang meaning, the physical object. I'm not sure what their called this side of the pond but it's not a common expression here. I guess it must be a bit like you guys and prat - we use that in much the same context as you use douche. Still at least I've learnt something from this game.

10. Re: Bulletstorm Trailer Feb 17, 2011, 17:58 Creston

nin wrote on Feb 17, 2011, 16:03:
WyldKat wrote on Feb 17, 2011, 15:59:
There should be a rule against using that song, Slipknot, Drowning Pool, or Linkin Park in trailers or Frag/PVP videos.

Don't forget those "awesome" Dragon Age ads from a few years ago featuring "This is the new shit."

You just WON'T let it go, will you?

Anyways, fun trailer, looks fun, but those irritating "GANGBANG +500!!" things still annoy the fuck out of me. Hopefully someone will mod those fucking things out of the game at some point so I can pick it up.

Creston

9. Re: Bulletstorm Trailer Feb 17, 2011, 17:43 Ray Marden

me R watch U2ube vid an now me iz dumm feeling

But joking aside, I could see some appeal if it was a really fast paced slaughter fest in a huge environment...but a lot of this loots a bit confined (or just restricted by all the miscellaneous geometry) and more focused on wasting time getting that ZOMGWTFBBQ!!!!!! kill credit.

I'll certainly try the demo, but this is looking like something I can wait to hit the $20 range.
It isn't deep, smart, fast, or unique. It's just seems...stupid.
Wanting a SB motherboard, wanting a SB motherboard, wanting a SB motherboard...,
Ray

Everything is awesome!!!
http://shoutengine.com/GarnettonGames/
I love you, mom.

8. Re: Bulletstorm Trailer Feb 17, 2011, 17:18 MajorD

MEH!  

7. Re: Bulletstorm Trailer Feb 17, 2011, 16:25 Undocumented Alien

6. Re: Bulletstorm Trailer Feb 17, 2011, 16:03 Yakubs

He pushed a button and something awesome happened.  

5. Re: Bulletstorm Trailer Feb 17, 2011, 16:03 nin

WyldKat wrote on Feb 17, 2011, 15:59:
There should be a rule against using that song, Slipknot, Drowning Pool, or Linkin Park in trailers or Frag/PVP videos.

Don't forget those "awesome" Dragon Age ads from a few years ago featuring "This is the new shit."

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

4. Re: Bulletstorm Trailer Feb 17, 2011, 15:59 WyldKat

3. Re: Bulletstorm Trailer Feb 17, 2011, 15:54 SpectralMeat

They either getting bored or desperate (or both) to make so many trailers. When that monster knocks over the buildings in this trailer that looked laughably cheesy  

Steam: SpectralMeat

22 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo