Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

A Game of Thrones - Genesis This Summer

Focus Home Interactive announces the release of the first screenshots for A Game of Thrones - Genesis, also revealing a Summer 2011 release window for Cyanide Studios' real-time strategy game tie-in with George R.R. Martin's A Song of Ice and Fire series. Here are the two new screenshots, and here's a bit on the game: "Thanks to a well-developed single player campaign written under supervision of the author George R.R. Martin, 'A Game of Thrones - Genesis' immerses you into the heart of the battles and intrigues between the Houses that shaped the Kingdom of Westeros. Live the origins of the A Song of Ice and Fire saga through more than 1000 years of History, and take part in Westeros' founding events and largest battles such as Aegon the Conqueror's invasion on the continent or the War of the Usurper."

View
13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

13. Re: A Game of Thrones - Genesis This Summer Feb 17, 2011, 11:44 Slashman

JohnBirshire wrote on Feb 16, 2011, 20:32:
I've read 100s of fantasy novels, but just couldn't get into Game of Thrones, despite several attempts. Read 100 pages, nothing happened, gave up. Picked it up a few months later, read another 100 pages, nothing happened, gave up. Picked it up a year later, read 100 pages, oh cool they threw a kid out a window that was neat, read 100 more pages, nothing else happened, threw it away. Epic...bore.

And you are what they call a minority.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

12. Re: A Game of Thrones - Genesis This Summer Feb 16, 2011, 20:32 JohnBirshire

I've read 100s of fantasy novels, but just couldn't get into Game of Thrones, despite several attempts. Read 100 pages, nothing happened, gave up. Picked it up a few months later, read another 100 pages, nothing happened, gave up. Picked it up a year later, read 100 pages, oh cool they threw a kid out a window that was neat, read 100 more pages, nothing else happened, threw it away. Epic...bore.

11. Re: A Game of Thrones - Genesis This Summer Feb 16, 2011, 18:44 UConnBBall

I just don't see a RTS for this series. The action is very lite and this is more an intrigue and rumors book. Heck The Game of Thrones is either win or die and its about the Kings Council, back stabbing and the politics and not the armies.

This would be better suited in EU 3 then in any RTS. This game will not give the same feeling of this series period.

Also if you haven't read it read it they are good books in and of themselves and don't have to be finished.

10. Re: A Game of Thrones - Genesis This Summer Feb 16, 2011, 18:40 Cutter

Noooooo! Not an RTS FFS WTFOMGBBQS! I want an action/RPG for this! I'd love to ride along the wall with Jon Snow and those guys and explore the world in first person 3D.

James Woods: Oh that's fun. That sounds like you had a fun time. Where would I fit in with the fun time, huh? Where does James Woods fit into the fun?

9. Re: A Game of Thrones - Genesis This Summer Feb 16, 2011, 16:30 Draugr

Sadly, this reeks of the hollywood formula of making sure a game is out along with the show.

At least I've got the show to look forward to.

8. Re: A Game of Thrones - Genesis This Summer Feb 16, 2011, 14:37 ldonyo

bobbyric wrote on Feb 16, 2011, 14:32:
Looks like a game that was already in development then they somehow landed the rights to "A Song of Ice and Fire"

Interesting how the series is now being known as "A Game of Thrones", it is catchier.

Although in his series dragons are extinct, so this either takes place way before the book series or after Daeny's dragons are all grown up. (He hasn't even written that far into the series yet)

Calling it by the title of the first book gives it the same name as the series starting on HBO in April. As a marketing move it is not bad.

The reference to Aegon the Conqueror is a clear indicator that it takes place well before the books.

7. Re: A Game of Thrones - Genesis This Summer Feb 16, 2011, 14:32 bobbyric

Looks like a game that was already in development then they somehow landed the rights to "A Song of Ice and Fire"

Interesting how the series is now being known as "A Game of Thrones", it is catchier.

Although in his series dragons are extinct, so this either takes place way before the book series or after Daeny's dragons are all grown up. (He hasn't even written that far into the series yet)

6. Re: A Game of Thrones - Genesis This Summer Feb 16, 2011, 13:26 nutshell42

cento wrote on Feb 16, 2011, 13:06:
Hyatus wrote on Feb 16, 2011, 11:42:
I think I'd rather them wait on this for a couple years and release it on Saturn instead.

Awesome comment is awesome.

This.

He should have called the CA. After 1:Total War:2:Shogun:3:Total War:4 ASoIaF would have made a kick ass setting. Their engine works very well in a medieval setting and they had always a tendency towards fantasy units.

5. Re: A Game of Thrones - Genesis This Summer Feb 16, 2011, 13:06 cento

Hyatus wrote on Feb 16, 2011, 11:42:
I think I'd rather them wait on this for a couple years and release it on Saturn instead.

Awesome comment is awesome.

4. Re: A Game of Thrones - Genesis This Summer Feb 16, 2011, 12:13 Cabezone

The LoTR RTS games were pretty good.  
"Pants! Pants! Pants!"

3. Re: A Game of Thrones - Genesis This Summer Feb 16, 2011, 11:42 Hyatus

2. Re: A Game of Thrones - Genesis This Summer Feb 16, 2011, 11:09 Ratty

Game adaptations of anything are rarely successful. I expect this to be on par with the typical movie tie-in game. Wheel of Time was a pretty good game though so here's hoping.  

1. Re: A Game of Thrones - Genesis This Summer Feb 16, 2011, 11:00 Gojo

Gah! Just what we need, another excuse for Martin not finishing the series. At this point I can't even recommend the books any more. People get angry after reading these awesome books only to realize the story isn't finished
and probably never will.

=-Gojo-=

13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo