Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

PC Assassin's Creed Brotherhood Next Month

The Ubisoft Forums finally offer a release date for the PC edition of Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, saying the Windows version of latest installment in the stealth action series is due on March 17th in North America and certain EMEA territories, and March 18th in the U.K. The post by Ubi's U.K. forum manager adds an amusing note: "And now you know, Assassins… and knowing is half the battle (the other half of which is destroying the Templars and gathering up the Pieces of Eden!)." Thanks Gamer's Hell.

View
23 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

23. Re: PC Assassin's Creed Next Month Feb 16, 2011, 06:41 StingingVelvet

Jerykk wrote on Feb 16, 2011, 04:02:
I'm pretty sure that RUSE was the exception to the rule. Every other recent Ubisoft game has used UbiDRM. Not really sure why they even bother. It took a few weeks to crack at first but now it can be cracked in a day. I don't recall Splinter Cell Conviction, PoP: The Forgotten Sands, Settlers, HAWX2 or Silent Hunter lighting up the sales charts either so I don't think the DRM is really helping their sales.

Since Assassin's Creed was just a disc check, leaked before release, a similarly late port AND a similar game with similar sales on console with its sequel they could easily compare AC1 to AC2 sales wise and see if their DRM worked at all.

And I bet it didn't.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

22. Re: PC Assassin's Creed Next Month Feb 16, 2011, 06:41 StingingVelvet

Hah, I quoted instead of editing myself.  

21. Re: PC Assassin's Creed Next Month Feb 16, 2011, 04:02 Jerykk

I'm pretty sure that RUSE was the exception to the rule. Every other recent Ubisoft game has used UbiDRM. Not really sure why they even bother. It took a few weeks to crack at first but now it can be cracked in a day. I don't recall Splinter Cell Conviction, PoP: The Forgotten Sands, Settlers, HAWX2 or Silent Hunter lighting up the sales charts either so I don't think the DRM is really helping their sales.  

20. Re: PC Assassin's Creed Next Month Feb 16, 2011, 00:18 StingingVelvet

ASeven wrote on Feb 15, 2011, 20:25:
Interestingly enough, on 3 digital retailers, Steam, D2D and Amazon, no word on the DRM is mentioned, whereas on AC2 and other UbiDRM titles the mandatory internet connection required was present in the pages of most digital retailers.

Could Ubisoft actually have grown a brain and taken away UbiDRM? Nah, thinking publishers actually wise up is as wishful thinking as wishing for an unicorn shitting M&Ms.

Most people seem to be assuming the constant DRM is still in based on the cover art, but that cover art image is like 6 months old, it really means nothing. Perhaps like RUSE it will be Steamworks? Who knows really.

HAWX 2 used the constant DRM and came out after RUSE. It's a crapshoot really.

I honestly don't care, whatever it uses (Steamworks, SecuROM, constant connection) I will just crack it anyway and go on with my life.

19. Re: PC Assassin's Creed Next Month Feb 15, 2011, 22:00 nin

Interestingly enough, on 3 digital retailers, Steam, D2D and Amazon, no word on the DRM is mentioned, whereas on AC2 and other UbiDRM titles the mandatory internet connection required was present in the pages of most digital retailers.

Steam has a wonderful habit of not bothering to always list it, and then change it once people complain. It was only during last xmas' steam holiday sale did they bother to change GTA4:Complete (no DRM listed), months after it had been on sale, after myself and others bought it and discovered all it was was a bundle of the two GTA 4 games, DRM intact.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

18. Re: PC Assassin's Creed Next Month Feb 15, 2011, 20:25 ASeven

Could Ubisoft actually have grown a brain and taken away UbiDRM? Nah, thinking publishers actually wise up is as wishful thinking as wishing for an unicorn shitting M&Ms.

17. Re: PC Assassin's Creed Next Month Feb 15, 2011, 19:41 born2expire

March will be a busy month for me, first DOW2:Retribution then Homefront. I'll wait a few months and I'm sure the price will drop, look at AC2 when it launched it was $65 now its $30. Glad to see Ubi went back to $50 games instead of an insane $60+  

16. Re: PC Assassin's Creed Next Month Feb 15, 2011, 17:41 necrosis

nin wrote on Feb 15, 2011, 14:45:
Quboid wrote on Feb 15, 2011, 14:42:
They've dropping the DRM for AC:2 (and Splinter Cell: Whatever) haven't they? Could this be the case for AC:B?

I was under the impression it still as to ping their server every time you start playing.

So, no.
Yeah last I heard is it pings on install and every time you launch it. It just does not check while playing.

Which honestly is no better. This shit is really bugging me now that I have a computer that I can actually game on.

15. Re: PC Assassin's Creed Next Month Feb 15, 2011, 17:35 Prez

Will wait for the warez dudes to do their thing, buy it, and play the DRM-free version.

Arghhhh! Avast you scurvy dogs! Arghhhhh!

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

14. Re: PC Assassin's Creed Next Month Feb 15, 2011, 15:19 Sempai

Not getting my business..  

13. Re: PC Assassin's Creed Next Month Feb 15, 2011, 14:45 nin

They've dropping the DRM for AC:2 (and Splinter Cell: Whatever) haven't they? Could this be the case for AC:B?

I was under the impression it still as to ping their server every time you start playing.

So, no.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

12. Re: PC Assassin's Creed Next Month Feb 15, 2011, 14:45 ASeven

They tuned it down significantly but they didn't drop it for their other titles. I honestly have no hope for this game.

11. Re: PC Assassin's Creed Next Month Feb 15, 2011, 14:44 ASeven

Cutter wrote on Feb 15, 2011, 14:41:
King of Swamp Castle: Please! This is supposed to be a happy occasion. Let's not bicker and argue over 'oo killed 'oo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=466sYeHC8dA

I fart in your general direction!

(Now look at what you've started)

10. Re: PC Assassin's Creed Next Month Feb 15, 2011, 14:42 Quboid

- Quboid

9. Re: PC Assassin's Creed Next Month Feb 15, 2011, 14:41 Cutter

King of Swamp Castle: Please! This is supposed to be a happy occasion. Let's not bicker and argue over 'oo killed 'oo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=466sYeHC8dA

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

8. Re: PC Assassin's Creed Next Month Feb 15, 2011, 14:40 Trooper119

I'm pretty sure given past experience with the series and the absurd delays that happens each time they release this series they've pretty well pissed everyone off on this one.

That being said I still will be buying this game at least for the multiplayer. However with stuff like this I'm wondering if there will actually be anyone able to play with :/

7. Re: PC Assassin's Creed Next Month Feb 15, 2011, 14:39 ASeven

Blue wrote on Feb 15, 2011, 14:20:
ASeven wrote on Feb 15, 2011, 14:10:
Good enough?

Epic definition!

6. Re: PC Assassin's Creed Next Month Feb 15, 2011, 14:20  Blue 

ASeven wrote on Feb 15, 2011, 14:10:
Good enough?

Epic definition!

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip
Blue's News Publisher, Editor-in-Chief, El Presidente for Life

5. Re: PC Assassin's Creed Next Month Feb 15, 2011, 14:15 JaguarUSF

Rattlehead wrote on Feb 15, 2011, 14:06:
Most people don't even know what draconian means.

It's one of the neutral races in Age of Wonders: Shadow Magic, duh!
UbiSoft's DRM will turn you into a neutral race! Run!

4. Re: PC Assassin's Creed Next Month Feb 15, 2011, 14:10 ASeven

Rattlehead wrote on Feb 15, 2011, 14:06:
The word draconian is almost as overused as the word epic so much that it's lost all it's meaning. Most people don't even know what draconian means.

Well, let me enlighten those people then.

Draconian is derived from the Athenian lawmaker Draco, whose laws were so extreme they inflicted death as punishment for the smallest of infractions. Nowadays draconian means a law or policy that is so overreaching, so overbearing and so sever that deals extreme punishment not only to the criminals but to the just alike regardless of the severity of the crime.

Good enough?

23 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo