Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Into the Black

Link of the Day: Spider-Man reboot gets a title and a brooding new image (thanks nin). Title's perfect and the suit is fine. So far it sounds like they're on the right track, with the return of the mechanical web-shooters and a proper Gwen Stacy. I have high hopes for this.

View
7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

7. Re: Into the Black Feb 15, 2011, 07:36 UttiniDaKilrJawa

Jerykk wrote on Feb 15, 2011, 00:00:
The new costume looks terrible. The comics have tried to revamp Spider-Man's costume many times over the years and they always end up going back to the original. Why? Because it's the best one and doesn't need to be changed.

Color me confused.

How is exactly does it look terrible, with respect to the comic design?

Its red. Its blue. It has the black webbing. It has the mechanical web shooters. It has the black Spider Man logo. It has the eyepieces which mask the eyes (goldish instead of black. no biggie there).

The only major departure from the comics design is the mesh/weave appearance that gives it more of an armor look and less like a spandex suit.

In essence it IS the traditional style suit.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. Re: Into the Black Feb 15, 2011, 02:08 Prez

There's no way I won't see a Spider Man movie when it's released, but I can't help feeling this reboot is more than a little unnecessary. Siperman (with T McQuire was great), and the second was in my view the finest superhero movie ever made. As far as I'm concerned, 3 never existed.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

5. Re: Into the Black Feb 15, 2011, 02:02 El Pit

Blue, they're off the track. Did you see the set photos? Hilarious. This movie looks like a "Twilight" inspired reboot. The first Raimi directed "Spider-Man" movie was great, the second one even better. Third movie was epic fail, though. But do we need another Spidey origins story only 10 years after the first origins movie? No, thanks.  
Consoles? I owned two: a Pong clone and an Atari 2600. And that's it.

4. Re: Into the Black Feb 15, 2011, 01:21 MoreLuckThanSkill

What exactly does a "proper Gwen Stacy" mean?

Killed by Spider-Man by accident, as he tries to save her? Because that's the proper Gwen Stacy. /Comic Book Nerd

Also: shot in 3d, destined for failure?

3. Re: Into the Black Feb 15, 2011, 00:00 Jerykk

The new costume looks terrible. The comics have tried to revamp Spider-Man's costume many times over the years and they always end up going back to the original. Why? Because it's the best one and doesn't need to be changed.  

2. Re: Into the Black Feb 14, 2011, 21:24 Cutter

The film, which is now in production and is being shot entirely in 3D

So, no, not on the right track.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

1. Re: Into the Black Feb 14, 2011, 20:56 nin

Going back to mechanical web shooters is a step in the right direction...I just hope Marvel takes the time to get it right, after their last few stumbles.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo