Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Crysis 2 Crisis: Game and Key Leaked?

A story on Rock, Paper, Shotgun that's been picked up in many other places, states that a near-final build of Crysis 2 has been leaked onto torrent sites, saying this also includes a "master key for the online authentication" of the game.

View
95 Replies. 5 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

75. Re: Crysis 2 Crisis: Game and Key Leaked? Feb 12, 2011, 13:27 SpectralMeat

CythrawL wrote on Feb 12, 2011, 12:49:
SpectralMeat wrote on Feb 12, 2011, 12:14:
wtf_man wrote on Feb 12, 2011, 11:38:
3) It's returnable if you don't like the product.

This is one of the few industries that can get away with ripping you off with hype and you have pretty much no recourse after you've made the purchase.

I don't think you can return any media for full refund after you've made a purchase. Even computer hardware or consumer electronics or even cars when you return them because you don't like them there is usually a fee to pay just so that you can't get your full refund for it IF they allow you to return the product the begin with.

Actually most hardware you can return within 30 days.
For a full refund? No restocking fee or any other fee deducted? I don't think so.
Regardless I mostly talked about the media, software, games, music, movies etc. I don't think you can return any of that stuff ones the package is open.

Steam: SpectralMeat
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

74. Re: Crysis 2 Crisis: Game and Key Leaked? Feb 12, 2011, 13:25 CythrawL

DangerDog wrote on Feb 12, 2011, 13:18:

You care enough to make this little rant posting, and we all know that you along with all these pseudo Cevat Yerli / Crytek haters will be downloading the final game off the net and playing the hell out of it if for no other reason than so you can spew more bullshit about how the game sucks or doesn't run on your crap hardware.

Actually no I am not downloading at all.. And yes it will probably run with my hardware, we all know YOU are downloading it right now according to YOUR logic.. Case and point I saw it was leaked last night, I could be downloading it RIGHT NOW, but I am not. I am NOT wasting my bandwidth on it.. Go fuck yourself if thats not a good enough reason for you, you self righteous prick! if it is, then lets carry on.

This comment was edited on Feb 12, 2011, 13:49.

73. Re: Crysis 2 Crisis: Game and Key Leaked? Feb 12, 2011, 13:18 DangerDog

CythrawL wrote on Feb 12, 2011, 12:46:
Actually I think they deserved it. The utter shit that has been spewing from Cevat Yerli's mouth over the past year and a half has completely turned me off buying or even pirating any of thier games. Its not worth my time, or attention. I mean Crysis as a game was pretty sub par. It was a great Tech Demo dont get me wrong and looks awesome, but as a game, once the Aliens kicked in it went to shit.. in fact it was the same with Far Cry, Great game until the stupid Mutant Monkeys made the appearance. Both Crysis and Far Cry were pretty fun till those points, after which I totally lost interest.

Crysis 2 I couldnt care less about.. After putting my pre-order in for the Witcher 2 from a company that loves and LISTENS its own community (unlike Cevat Yerli) I care less even more..

You care enough to make this little rant posting, and we all know that you along with all these pseudo Cevat Yerli / Crytek haters will be downloading the final game off the net and playing the hell out of it if for no other reason than so you can spew more bullshit about how the game sucks or doesn't run on your crap hardware.

72. Re: Crysis 2 Crisis: Game and Key Leaked? Feb 12, 2011, 13:13 Spektr

CythrawL wrote on Feb 12, 2011, 12:46:
but as a game, once the Aliens kicked in it went to shit.. in fact it was the same with Far Cry, Great game until the stupid Mutant Monkeys made the appearance. Both Crysis and Far Cry were pretty fun till those points, after which I totally lost interest.

Well yeah the appearance of the aliens put an end to the tactics I had built up playing the game but until that point I thought it was pretty fun... and the change was at a pretty advanced point in the game.
But it's true that if you compare it to Halflife where all along the gameplay with the aliens and with the humans are equally interesting, it doesnt compare but the technology they built is amazing and I guess they didnt have time to polish all the details before it came out...

This said I can understand the word "disappointed" after screwing up the work of a many hours invested into it but it's just that, it's really a non-issue . I mean when the game comes out it's going to be pirated and they are going to really lose a lot of money.. Now that is cause for concern..

This comment was edited on Feb 12, 2011, 13:24.

71. Re: Crysis 2 Crisis: Game and Key Leaked? Feb 12, 2011, 13:05 Dades

Who cares, that was Crysis 1, this is Crysis 2.  

70. Re: Crysis 2 Crisis: Game and Key Leaked? Feb 12, 2011, 13:03 Beamer

which still can't be played maxed out on today's mainstream hardware (talking typical quad core CPU with a SINGLE $250 graphics card), and it's going on 4 years

So what?
Did it look better at playable settings than virtually anything else at the time?
Yes.
Does it look better at today's playable settings than virtually anything else on the market?
Yes.

Why are people so hung up on being able to play at max settings. Is this some kind of penis compensation thing?
Judge a game on how it looks, not what settings you can kick it up to. The settings I used for Crysis when I played it in November still made it look better than Metro 2033, a much newer game.

Shouldn't we applaud Crytek for making a game that looked fantastic at the time and has aged gracefully rather than keep whining about how we can't play it "maxed out?" Honestly, why do you care about "maxed out" if "not quite maxed out" still looks amazing?

But hey, if it would have made you happier if Crytek artificially limited the settings rather than allow you to do this then fine. But it makes you a complete marketing dream. You don't care about the product's quality but care about how you perceive it. Having someone in marketing cripple the product would have made it better in your eyes. And then people here wonder why products get crippled by marketing decisions so regularly. See people, it works. wtf_man hasn't been the only person on this board regularly complaining about Crysis' max settings being too high. Every single person that has would have preferred Crysis be neutered and crippled; it would have given them less to complain about.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

69. Re: Crysis 2 Crisis: Game and Key Leaked? Feb 12, 2011, 12:49 CythrawL

SpectralMeat wrote on Feb 12, 2011, 12:14:

This is one of the few industries that can get away with ripping you off with hype and you have pretty much no recourse after you've made the purchase.

I don't think you can return any media for full refund after you've made a purchase. Even computer hardware or consumer electronics or even cars when you return them because you don't like them there is usually a fee to pay just so that you can't get your full refund for it IF they allow you to return the product the begin with.

Actually most hardware you can return within 30 days. After that you have to deal with the MFG and get RMA's etc. You cant return software period...

68. Re: Crysis 2 Crisis: Game and Key Leaked? Feb 12, 2011, 12:46 CythrawL

Actually I think they deserved it. The utter shit that has been spewing from Cevat Yerli's mouth over the past year and a half has completely turned me off buying or even pirating any of thier games. Its not worth my time, or attention. I mean Crysis as a game was pretty sub par. It was a great Tech Demo dont get me wrong and looks awesome, but as a game, once the Aliens kicked in it went to shit.. in fact it was the same with Far Cry, Great game until the stupid Mutant Monkeys made the appearance. Both Crysis and Far Cry were pretty fun till those points, after which I totally lost interest.

Crysis 2 I couldnt care less about.. After putting my pre-order in for the Witcher 2 from a company that loves and LISTENS its own community (unlike Cevat Yerli) I care less even more..

67. Re: Crysis 2 Crisis: Game and Key Leaked? Feb 12, 2011, 12:34 Dmitri_M

I can't be arsed to pirate games or go through the effort of downloading and fucking with a torrent. I purchase all my games. I'm a PC gamer approaching 30, I have an income. If Crysis get's good reviews I'll buy it.

This leak is irrelevant. It's a much larger internal problem for EA and Crytek than it is for us, the consumer. Same goes for whether the game sells as expected on the PC\Consoles. If sales are below expectations then it is the developers fault, not the consumers.

66. Re: Crysis 2 Crisis: Game and Key Leaked? Feb 12, 2011, 12:28 necrosis

Lorcin wrote on Feb 11, 2011, 21:18:
It's meant to be in an awful state - very buggy and quick to lock up systems. Oh and only works at 800x600
Do some more research before opening your pie hole. I have seen screen shots well over 8x6.

65. Re: Crysis 2 Crisis: Game and Key Leaked? Feb 12, 2011, 12:14 SpectralMeat

Steam: SpectralMeat

64. Re: Crysis 2 Crisis: Game and Key Leaked? Feb 12, 2011, 11:38 ASeven

Dades wrote on Feb 12, 2011, 11:27:
1) There is a good chance this came from a 3rd party. Code leaves the place it's being developed for legitimate reasons fairly regularly. It goes to publishers and partners.

Without getting into specifics which violate the posting guidelines, the build obviously came from inside EA/Crytek, it has several obvious internal usage only markers in it. EA's public statement is almost insulting considering the fault is their own here.

I sure would love to hear the story of this leak, why it happened and all that. That may be something we will never know in the end.

63. Re: Crysis 2 Crisis: Game and Key Leaked? Feb 12, 2011, 11:38 wtf_man

I wouldn't waste my bandwidth on the leak after all the BS from Crytek about Crysis 1... which still can't be played maxed out on today's mainstream hardware (talking typical quad core CPU with a SINGLE $250 graphics card), and it's going on 4 years.

While Cysis Warhead is more acceptable for performance... the fact that they STILL haven't fixed Crysis 1 speaks volumes, to me.

They spouting off about PC Gamers and "entitlement attitudes"... well... there are certain things expected from a product. 1) It's finished, 2) It works properly on current hardware (at the time of release), and 3) It's returnable if you don't like the product.

The first expectation barely exists in most PC games.
The second does exist for the most part, on most PC games.
The third pretty much doesn't exist at all. This is one of the few industries that can get away with ripping you off with hype and you have pretty much no recourse after you've made the purchase.

Crytek constantly wants to blame piracy on their own fuck ups... well they can just drop the PC platform altogether, as far as I'm concerned. And if this latest round of "crap" is the excuse that they need... so be it. (And Good Riddance)

/shrug

62. why there was no demo Feb 12, 2011, 11:32 Shok

People forget what happened with the demo for the original Crysis. It was hacked.

That's my guess for why they didn't release one this time around, or it certainly was a factor in their decisions...

61. Re: Crysis 2 Crisis: Game and Key Leaked? Feb 12, 2011, 11:27 Dades

1) There is a good chance this came from a 3rd party. Code leaves the place it's being developed for legitimate reasons fairly regularly. It goes to publishers and partners.

Without getting into specifics which violate the posting guidelines, the build obviously came from inside EA/Crytek, it has several obvious internal usage only markers in it. EA's public statement is almost insulting considering the fault is their own here.

60. Re: Crysis 2 Crisis: Game and Key Leaked? Feb 12, 2011, 11:02 ASeven

Beady wrote on Feb 12, 2011, 10:59:
You know, this leak may have actually convinced me to buy the game.

I was pretty sceptical about this after finding Crysis a bit lacking in the land of fun. The media hadnt really interested me with very little gameplay being shown (and none on the PC).

But with seeing videos on youtube from this leak and hearing about how well it performs/looks I'm actually interested now.

I'm with you. I wasn't interested in the game but watching the youtube videos is pushing me to buy this game. The engine sure looks well optimized.

59. Re: Crysis 2 Crisis: Game and Key Leaked? Feb 12, 2011, 11:02 Eldaron Imotholin

Oh my.. I really feel sorry for Crytek. This is beyond nasty of the folks who leaked this. I mean, that pirated versions get on torrents... it sucks but shit obviously happens. The thing is that people will have the chance to either buy the game or pirate it if they want it, and luckily there are "enough" people who have the morals to walk to a store or buy it online.

No such options now. I admit that I sometimes pirate games which I don't deem worthy enough to spend cash on (if I couldn't pirate them, I wouldn't buy them anyway). But I will NOT touch this leak. Ugh.. this is beyond nasty. Almost as nasty as the way I feel today. Way too much whiskey last night..

Playing: Skyrim, World of Warcraft.
Future: Dead Space 3.

58. Re: Crysis 2 Crisis: Game and Key Leaked? Feb 12, 2011, 10:59 Beady

You know, this leak may have actually convinced me to buy the game.

I was pretty sceptical about this after finding Crysis a bit lacking in the land of fun. The media hadnt really interested me with very little gameplay being shown (and none on the PC).

But with seeing videos on youtube from this leak and hearing about how well it performs/looks I'm actually interested now.

57. Re: Crysis 2 Crisis: Game and Key Leaked? Feb 12, 2011, 10:55 Beamer

2) Yes, there is no 1:1 ratio of pirated copies to lost sales. Probably not even a 2:1 or 3:1, though no one has information there. You simply can't make solid assumptions, yet everyone loves to.

3) But the lost sales are only a part of this. Publishers and development studios may be businesses but the people inside them are human. They get bummed. They get dejected. They get frustrated and angry. This even will probably consume Crytek for a few days as everyone whispers about it in the hallway constantly. Then there will be the witch hunt to figure out what happened (sorry if that offends you, The Advocate, I know people in TX are very sensitive about witches' rights.) Then they'll see evidence, whether it exists or not, of console gamers being preferable consumers because they're easier to deal with.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

56. Re: Crysis 2 Crisis: Game and Key Leaked? Feb 12, 2011, 10:54 Bumpy

I'd wager the majority wouldn't care about this beta if there was a PC and PS3 demo release already.

Companies need to start focusing on their customer's wants and needs instead of the chairman's.

95 Replies. 5 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo