Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

A Valley Without Wind Trailer and Q&A

The Arcen Games Website offers a batch of new screenshots from A Valley Without Wind and points the way to a new gameplay trailer, which, like the screenshots, comes from a pre-alpha version of this procedurally generated, side-scrolling action/adventure game. There's also A Valley Without Wind interview on Big Download where Erik Johnson and Chris Park of Arcen Games discuss the game and the future of their company.

View
6. Re: A Valley Without Wind Trailer and Q&A Feb 12, 2011, 06:22 osage no onna

Rilcon wrote on Feb 12, 2011, 02:12:
Whatever, people have hated on MC and DF without caring one bit about the actual game; this seems like it'll be the same.

And yes, mindless rage etc. Graphics whores are one of the worst things to happen to gaming.

I dunno, I think there's a difference between not focusing on graphics, and actually making your game aesthetically offensive. I love both DF and MC and several other games with focus on something other than pretty pictures, but this actually looks ugly rather than something that just has its priorities elsewhere. I'll play it if it turns out to be a good game, but some of those pictures still literally hurt my eyes (the winter pictures look perfectly acceptable and even nice, but the greener ones are way too discordant).

Previous Post Next Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. Feb 11, 21:18 Re: A Valley Without Wind Trailer and Q&A [VG]Reagle
  2. Feb 11, 22:20  Re: A Valley Without Wind Trailer and Q&A bigspender
  3. Feb 11, 23:12   Re: A Valley Without Wind Trailer and Q&A Shok
  4. Feb 12, 02:12    Re: A Valley Without Wind Trailer and Q&A Rilcon
>> 6. Feb 12, 06:22     Re: A Valley Without Wind Trailer and Q&A osage no onna
  7. Feb 12, 09:04      Re: A Valley Without Wind Trailer and Q&A eRe4s3r
  8. Feb 12, 09:13       Re: A Valley Without Wind Trailer and Q&A SCPM
  5. Feb 12, 04:51  Re: A Valley Without Wind Trailer and Q&A eRe4s3r

footer

.. .. ..