Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

PC Call of Duty: Black Ops First Strike Plans

A note in Activision Blizzard's financial results we missed when they were released yesterday indicates the Windows version of the First Strike DLC for Call of Duty: Black Ops will be released by March 31, as there's a note saying: "On February 1, 2011, Activision Publishing released Call of Duty: Black Ops First Strike, the first add-on pack for Call of Duty: Black Ops, on Xbox LIVE®. The map pack set new Xbox LIVE records with more than 1.4 million downloads in the first 24 hours, an increase of more than 25% over last year's Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Stimulus Package.(7) The map pack also will be available on the PlayStation® 3 computer entertainment system on March 3, 2011 and on the PC later in the quarter."

View
13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

13. Re: PC Call of Duty: Black Ops First Strike Plans Feb 12, 2011, 10:27 pihx

I think i'll keep playing BC2: Vietnam until BF3 comes out. Vietnam is how DLC's should be made. I gave up on CoD after World at War.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

12. Re: PC Call of Duty: Black Ops First Strike Plans Feb 11, 2011, 13:35 TurdFergasun

BORING!  

11. Re: PC Call of Duty: Black Ops First Strike Plans Feb 11, 2011, 12:24 fatguy

I'm sad that I fell for BS that mod tools would come out for this game. ugh.

10. Re: PC Call of Duty: Black Ops First Strike Plans Feb 11, 2011, 11:35 Elessar

Mac wrote on Feb 11, 2011, 03:38:
I bought Black Ops, and it has to go down as my worst purchase of last year. The game has not moved on at all since COD 4.

In fact, with an engine this old you would have thought that the release would be bomb proof - but there were more technical issues than ever.

The sooner people stop buying this turgid pile of shit the better.

By the way - fuck the map pack. Obviously too busy turning around map packs to milk the player base than fixing the game ... great strategy!
I was just going to come in here and say this. The droves of people buying this stuff has to stop for any true innovation to occur. I had a short period of fun with Black Ops, but it was mostly the same as MW2 and COD4. I'm ready for something new now.

"You don't get what you deserve, you get what you get."

9. Re: PC Call of Duty: Black Ops First Strike Plans Feb 11, 2011, 08:40 SpectralMeat

Mac wrote on Feb 11, 2011, 03:38:
By the way - fuck the map pack. Obviously too busy turning around map packs to milk the player base than fixing the game ... great strategy!

Of course, the new CoD game is only a couple of months away. They have to get as much juice out of this one as possible before Nov when the new game comes out.

I think they'll start hyping that one around mid summer. By then they have to erect at least 2 more map packs to milk this cow as much as possible. Kodick wants a new boat

Steam: SpectralMeat

8. Re: PC Call of Duty: Black Ops First Strike Plans Feb 11, 2011, 03:38 Mac

I bought Black Ops, and it has to go down as my worst purchase of last year. The game has not moved on at all since COD 4.

In fact, with an engine this old you would have thought that the release would be bomb proof - but there were more technical issues than ever.

The sooner people stop buying this turgid pile of shit the better.

7. Re: PC Call of Duty: Black Ops First Strike Plans Feb 11, 2011, 01:43 AnointedSword

Makes ya want to buy more 30 round ar-15 mags doesn't it? :)Well anyways, I love watching all your reasoning behind the evil corporations decisions. It really makes for good entertainment.  
If you were right, I would be agreeing with you.

6. Re: PC Call of Duty: Black Ops First Strike Plans Feb 11, 2011, 01:04 born2expire

xXBatmanXx wrote on Feb 11, 2011, 00:07:
born2expire wrote on Feb 10, 2011, 23:54:
What? Brink is not out till May 17th. The only FPS to be released before the Black Ops DLC is Homefront, which I hope will do well but wont steal COD's thunder.

Not sure what you are reading, but read this again:

The map pack also will be available on the PlayStation® 3 computer entertainment system on March 3, 2011 and on the PC later in the quarter."

No date given....depending on when their quarter falls, it could be as late as June. And without a date given, my money is on a June release.

i don't know what your reading but the first sentence says "A note in Activision Blizzard's financial results we missed when they were released yesterday indicates the Windows version of the First Strike DLC for Call of Duty: Black Ops will be released by March 31"

5. Re: PC Call of Duty: Black Ops First Strike Plans Feb 11, 2011, 00:46 spindoctor

xXBatmanXx wrote on Feb 11, 2011, 00:07:
No date given....depending on when their quarter falls, it could be as late as June. And without a date given, my money is on a June release.

Their financial quarter ends on March 31st, so it should release before then. Honestly, I figure it will be out on the same day as the PS3 version... they probably haven't secured the exact date with Valve yet, which is why they didn't mention it outright.

Some of the most miserable and unhappy gamers on the planet are at Bluesnews

4. Re: PC Call of Duty: Black Ops First Strike Plans Feb 11, 2011, 00:07 xXBatmanXx

born2expire wrote on Feb 10, 2011, 23:54:
What? Brink is not out till May 17th. The only FPS to be released before the Black Ops DLC is Homefront, which I hope will do well but wont steal COD's thunder.

Not sure what you are reading, but read this again:

The map pack also will be available on the PlayStation® 3 computer entertainment system on March 3, 2011 and on the PC later in the quarter."

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

3. Re: PC Call of Duty: Black Ops First Strike Plans Feb 10, 2011, 23:58 Prez

I wonder how much they'll charge for 4 maps this time? Doesn't matter I suppose; people will still buy it in droves, God help them.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

2. Re: PC Call of Duty: Black Ops First Strike Plans Feb 10, 2011, 23:54 born2expire

1. Re: PC Call of Duty: Black Ops First Strike Plans Feb 10, 2011, 23:25 xXBatmanXx

Well, the game will be dead on the PC by then.....Brink will be out as well as other games.  

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo