Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Sins of a Solar Empire - Trinity/Diplomacy Beta

The Impulse Website announces beta testing of version 1.2 of Sins of a Solar Empire - Trinity, the bundle of Ironclad's real-time strategy game and its three expansions. Word is: "This optional update for adventurous players include improvements to the game engine for better texture use, a new Pirate system, balance changes for each race, AI improvements, diplomatic balance updates and more." Here's the full change log for the new version.

View
11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

11. Re: Sins of a Solar Empire - Trinity/Diplomacy Beta Feb 12, 2011, 00:08 Wowbagger_TIP

I use Steam mostly, but have several games on Impulse as well. Don't really use any of the others. Don't like D2D because the binary encryption they use screws with some mods.  

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

10. Re: Sins of a Solar Empire - Trinity/Diplomacy Beta Feb 11, 2011, 21:26 Rigs

You know what I want? A unified chat system across Steam, b.net, Impulse, etc, so that no matter what I'm playing, I can still communicate with my friends.

Well, why stop there, though? We have these different download services and have to use different apps for each one, why not combine them into one? Granted, it'll never happen and the reasons are pretty obvious, but still. IMO, the industry needs a unified service to go forward and evolve. Think about it for a second - Xbox LIVE is the best example of one service supplying what's needed for that whole part of the console gaming industry. Yes, there's Playstation Network (and I have a PS3 and use PSN), but LIVE is arguably a better service and really shows what a well designed download service can/could do...

So, right now we have a few on the PC side of things, and I'm curious of how everyone ranks them...I would imagine STEAM would be first on the list with 99.99% of gamers, but I'd really like to see how the rest pan out...

=-Rigs-=

'Now, we gave you a promise and we are bound by that promise and damn you for asking for it! And damn me for agreeing to it! And damn all of us to hell, because that is exactly where we're going!'

9. Re: Sins of a Solar Empire - Trinity/Diplomacy Beta Feb 11, 2011, 14:08 nin

While I agree with you that more sites would hopefully provide more sales, I'm sure they balance that against a (hopefully) bigger cut of the profit by hosting the game themselves.

You know what I want? A unified chat system across Steam, b.net, Impulse, etc, so that no matter what I'm playing, I can still communicate with my friends.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

8. Re: Sins of a Solar Empire - Trinity/Diplomacy Beta Feb 11, 2011, 11:59 Zadig

They probably do even though it's bad for Stardock. Their products being available at more venues would lead to more sales.

Even if they're still trying to pretend that Impulse is relevant, there's no excuse for it not being available for download at Amazon.

7. Re: Sins of a Solar Empire - Trinity/Diplomacy Beta Feb 11, 2011, 11:03 nin

Zadig wrote on Feb 11, 2011, 11:00:
I forgot this existed! I'd like to buy the complete version, but it needs to be on Steam or Amazon downloads for that to happen.

I'm going to just guess that the folks at Stardock prefer their games in Impulse, instead of Steam.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

6. Re: Sins of a Solar Empire - Trinity/Diplomacy Beta Feb 11, 2011, 11:00 Zadig

I forgot this existed! I'd like to buy the complete version, but it needs to be on Steam or Amazon downloads for that to happen.  

5. Re: Sins of a Solar Empire - Trinity/Diplomacy Beta Feb 11, 2011, 09:38  Island Dog 

Holy crap, I thought all support ended for this game

Nope!

4. Re: Sins of a Solar Empire - Trinity/Diplomacy Beta Feb 11, 2011, 09:06 gilly775

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Feb 11, 2011, 00:30:
On the one hand, it's nice to see this game hasn't been abandoned, but on the other hand, isn't it time for Ironclad to be working on SoaSE 2?

Also, I've never bothered to purchase Diplomacy, as my Empire is a staunch believer in genocide, so... hopefully the regular game/First Expansion getting the update also?

I would get Diplomacy. They did add additional features outside of the diplomatic victories.

3. Re: Sins of a Solar Empire - Trinity/Diplomacy Beta Feb 11, 2011, 00:30 Prez

Small point, but there are only 2 expansions - Entrenchment and Diplomacy.

It's still a great game; I play a new campaign at least once a month. I love the scale, and the pace - it's as close to being Turn-Based as a Real-Time Strategy game can get!

Goodbye my Monte boy. May you rest in the peace you never knew in life.

2. Re: Sins of a Solar Empire - Trinity/Diplomacy Beta Feb 11, 2011, 00:30 MoreLuckThanSkill

On the one hand, it's nice to see this game hasn't been abandoned, but on the other hand, isn't it time for Ironclad to be working on SoaSE 2?

Also, I've never bothered to purchase Diplomacy, as my Empire is a staunch believer in genocide, so... hopefully the regular game/First Expansion getting the update also?

1. Re: Sins of a Solar Empire - Trinity/Diplomacy Beta Feb 10, 2011, 23:59 Coolone

Holy crap, I thought all support ended for this game

11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo