Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

DCS: A10C Warthog Interview

The DCS: A10C Warthog interview on Games On Net talks with Jim Mackonochie of The Fighter Collection, developers of this upcoming hardcore combat flight simulator. They discuss how this evolved from a simulator used by the U.S. military, how the game is accurate in every detail except for classified details, enemy and wingman AI, the mission editor, system requirements, tutorials, future content updates, and more. He concludes saying the game should be released via digital distribution by the end of this month, and a boxed edition should follow in two or three months.

View
11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

11. Re: DCS: A10C Warthog Interview Feb 11, 2011, 05:34 InBlack

DCS: Black Shark - Stand Alone Game
DCS: A-10 - Stand Alone Game

These two games can and will be compatible in multiplayer. So if you have one game you can join the servers of the other, however you do need to have both games to be able to use both aircraft.

LOMAC: Platinum - Standalone game, the DEVs have stated on numerous occasions that it wont be compatitble with either of these games in multiplayer.

IL-2 Cliffs of Dover - Standalone game, NOT compatible with ALL of the above.

I have a nifty blue line!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

10. Re: DCS: A10C Warthog Interview Feb 10, 2011, 18:19 Cutter

They released that trailer a while back, but still worth watching again. It's been a long time since I picked up a serious flight sim but I just might with this one. I love the Warthog, and I'd hate to be on the recieving end of one of those things.

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's dead… Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

9. Re: DCS: A10C Warthog Interview Feb 10, 2011, 13:57 vermin

WyldKat wrote on Feb 10, 2011, 12:51:
After watching a video of a dev starting up the A-10 in this game I'm pretty sure I'd just sit on the tarmac flailing about in the cockpit.

However it could be good training for when the zombie apocalypse happens and I find myself at an abandoned A-10 base in need of something to pacify hordes of zombies...

there are simple key combinations that do the startup for you, or you can skip directly to starting from the air. there are also a ton of custom settings for how deep you want the sim to be. it can be quite game-like if you turn all the settings down. there should also be a 'game-mode' where it's almost like a console game, at least there was for black shark. just like other good pc games it's all about the customisability of the experience, you should never be stuck doing anything you do not want to do, so if that's what is holding you back from getting the game- don't let it.

8. Re: DCS: A10C Warthog Interview Feb 10, 2011, 13:23 Suddenly_Dead

Techie714 © wrote on Feb 10, 2011, 13:11:
LockOn: Flaming Cliffs 2 Stand alone product <<I thought this required LOMAC?

Yeah, sorry, I thought you were just talking about DCS. Flaming Cliffs 2 needs LOMAC (but not Flaming Cliffs 1). It uses the DCS engine though; it's almost not LOMAC any more.

7. Re: DCS: A10C Warthog Interview Feb 10, 2011, 13:17 Tom

GAU-8 Avenger vs. zombies. YES! DCS: A10C / L4D mashup, please.  

6. Re: DCS: A10C Warthog Interview Feb 10, 2011, 13:11 Techie714 ©

Ok, so is this correct or wrong?

DCS:BS Standalone product
LockOn: Flaming Cliffs 2 Stand alone product <<I thought this required LOMAC?
A-10: Stand alone product

Steam (ID)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/techie714/
DEAD SH0T
Keep your privacy!
http://prism-break.org/

5. Re: DCS: A10C Warthog Interview Feb 10, 2011, 12:51 WyldKat

After watching a video of a dev starting up the A-10 in this game I'm pretty sure I'd just sit on the tarmac flailing about in the cockpit.

However it could be good training for when the zombie apocalypse happens and I find myself at an abandoned A-10 base in need of something to pacify hordes of zombies...

4. Re: DCS: A10C Warthog Interview Feb 10, 2011, 12:38 Suddenly_Dead

They're standalone products. With the newest expansion-to-the-expansion for LOMAC, you can play multiplayer with DCS: BS players, and as far as I know DCS: A-10 will work with both as well. LOMAC has a lower level of simulation detail than the DCS games, since it's less focused.  

3. Re: Question? Feb 10, 2011, 12:15 Techie714 ©

I have a question for you pilots out there.

I just purchased a new Saitek X52 stick/throttle and I want to know if I need to purchase LOMAC in order to play these games or are they all stand alone products?

Steam (ID)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/techie714/
DEAD SH0T
Keep your privacy!
http://prism-break.org/

2. Re: DCS: A10C Warthog Interview Feb 10, 2011, 11:24 Wildone

+1 A10 rocks, Cliffs Of Dover will rock..all we need is a good space combat sim and we'll be good for a few years  

1. Re: DCS: A10C Warthog Interview Feb 10, 2011, 10:25 InBlack

Well for a "dead" genre, flight-sims are doing remarkably well

This is a day one purchase for me, along with (probably) Cliffs of Dover IF Oleg finally manages to create a story or campaign that actually does some justice to his sims, which shouldnt be too hard (considering the Battle of Britain is the subject matter). Il-2 (and all of its expansion) was terrible with regards to its dynamic campaigns.

DCS: Black Shark is phenomenal, btw....

I have a nifty blue line!

11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo