Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

World of Warcraft Patch, Hotfix

Battle.net has word that the new version 4.0.6 is now live in World of Warcraft, Blizzard's MMORPG. They offer an overview of the patch, these patch notes offer complete details, and this post outlines known issues. Not content to stop at that this post outlines a number of hotfixes that have already been applied since the release of the patch. Thanks Ant.

View
12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

12. Re: World of Warcraft Patch, Hotfix Feb 10, 2011, 07:50 Fibrocyte

Endo wrote on Feb 9, 2011, 15:52:
All my IRL friends who play WoW have canceled because of this patch too.

A person doesn't become an "IRL friend" when you meet them in WoW and then talk to them over vent.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

11. Re: World of Warcraft Patch, Hotfix Feb 10, 2011, 02:47 Wallshadows

I'm sticking to my guns as a Feral DPS but I've also been investing my time in a new Shadow Priest.

Cataclysm definitely has a different atmosphere about it though which I can't quite put my finger on and whether it's good or bad. Maybe it's the lack of raiding up until this point compared to previous expansions which is giving me much more free time to pick flowers in Uldum.

Either way, I have ~60 days left or so of game time which I intend to use, for better or for worse.

The real issue is how they are silently taking away certain achievements as they now set new requirements. Players with 'the Exalted' were stripped of the title with no word or mention of the new requirement of 50 until after the fact whereas 'Loremaster' and 'the Explorer' were grandfathered in without issue.

10. Re: World of Warcraft Patch, Hotfix Feb 9, 2011, 21:16 Endo

WyldKat wrote on Feb 9, 2011, 18:23:

http://www.riftgame.com/en/

=~.^=
I support this message.

9. Re: World of Warcraft Patch, Hotfix Feb 9, 2011, 18:34 Muscular Beaver

Verno wrote on Feb 9, 2011, 15:18:
Endo wrote on Feb 9, 2011, 15:17:
It was super nice of Blizzard to finally make it so easy to quit WoW. With this last patch, I finally have no desire to play whatsoever. Thanks Blizzard!

Paper thin troll but it's surprising how many people I've been hearing that from recently.

Troll?
Well I guess I am one too then, because I also quit because of this fail of a patch. Reasons have been stated here already and in previous news about WoW.

Oh that is so lame... You will PAY for your use of inappropriate dialogue!
- Mojo Jojo

8. Re: World of Warcraft Patch, Hotfix Feb 9, 2011, 18:23 WyldKat

http://www.riftgame.com/en/

=~.^=

7. Re: World of Warcraft Patch, Hotfix Feb 9, 2011, 16:28 Endo

shaggy wrote on Feb 9, 2011, 16:03:
It was super nice of Blizzard to finally make it so easy to quit WoW. With this last patch, I finally have no desire to play whatsoever. Thanks Blizzard!

Paper thin troll but it's surprising how many people I've been hearing that from recently.
Not a troll. It's not-so-subtle sarcasm about how god-awful the patch is. All my IRL friends who play WoW have canceled because of this patch too.

What so bad in this patch? I recently re-subbed after being away for a couple of years and I am really enjoying WoW again.

Maybe these people quiting are sick of playing anyway. I have PUG'd a few dungeons and there were a few that seemed like they did not even want to be there and they were being forced to play a game. Was nice grouping with their grumpy ass, haha
One big thing that's so bad is all the crap that got nerfed for no reason. And what didn't get nerfed that should have. Bottom line, the devs in charge of balancing classes for PvP play mages. Guess which class is now all but unbeatable by any other class.

Class balance is now worse than it's ever been.

6. Re: World of Warcraft Patch, Hotfix Feb 9, 2011, 16:03 shaggy

Not a troll. It's not-so-subtle sarcasm about how god-awful the patch is. All my IRL friends who play WoW have canceled because of this patch too.

What so bad in this patch? I recently re-subbed after being away for a couple of years and I am really enjoying WoW again.

Maybe these people quiting are sick of playing anyway. I have PUG'd a few dungeons and there were a few that seemed like they did not even want to be there and they were being forced to play a game. Was nice grouping with their grumpy ass, haha

5. Re: World of Warcraft Patch, Hotfix Feb 9, 2011, 15:52 Endo

4. Re: World of Warcraft Patch, Hotfix Feb 9, 2011, 15:52 Luke

watchout there are alot of fanboys here
1 bad word and you are a paper thin troll hehe

3. Re: World of Warcraft Patch, Hotfix Feb 9, 2011, 15:18 Verno

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: Pioneer, Predestination, Homeland

2. Re: World of Warcraft Patch, Hotfix Feb 9, 2011, 15:17 Endo

1. Re: World of Warcraft Patch, Hotfix Feb 9, 2011, 13:34 WyldKat

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz  

12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo