Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Diablo III PvP Preview

The Diablo III PvP Preview on G4tv.com gives hands-on impressions of player versus player action in Blizzard's upcoming action/RPG sequel based on "a very early build" of the game. Topics include the different skill each class must master, how the arena works, the "stunningly sharp" graphics, and more. The article also includes a video preview that offers an interview on PvP with Jason Bender, senior designer on Diablo III and includes gameplay footage.

View
14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

14. Re: Diablo III PvP Preview Feb 10, 2011, 07:10 InBlack

Bhruic wrote on Feb 9, 2011, 15:52:
I wouldn't risk a HC character on PVP, for no gain other than "bragging rights"?

Right, and no one is making you. HC is there for people who want the extra danger. Personally, I've never played a HC character in DII, and almost certainly won't in DIII. But there are people who do, just like there'll almost certainly be people who will duel in the Arena with HC characters. And that's their choice.

Im planning to get into HC as soon as possible, perhaps right from the start (if they allow it). It was the most fun in D2 since the community is mostly free of the 'tards and noobs the regular softcore game was full of, everyone is friendly and looks out for each other and finding (or trading for) rare and unique items or getting past a particularly difficult area/boss very, very rewarding...

I have a nifty blue line!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

13. Re: Diablo III PvP Preview Feb 10, 2011, 05:23 eRe4s3r

That might have been a nice running gag but Duke Nukem Forever definitely 100% comes out 3rd May 2011 US and 6th May 2011 Internationally

D3 on the other hand, will be 2013 at the earliest. And then 2015 for Starcraft 2 episode 2....

12. Re: Diablo III PvP Preview Feb 9, 2011, 16:26 peonjohn

I'd be interested in keeping up with an HC Arena Leaderboard. Especially if it offered replays or a spectator mode, but I understand they're not interested in making a sport of it.

Still, the idea of someone risking a character they have invested so much time into is a little exciting.

11. Re: Diablo III PvP Preview Feb 9, 2011, 15:52 Bhruic

I wouldn't risk a HC character on PVP, for no gain other than "bragging rights"?

Right, and no one is making you. HC is there for people who want the extra danger. Personally, I've never played a HC character in DII, and almost certainly won't in DIII. But there are people who do, just like there'll almost certainly be people who will duel in the Arena with HC characters. And that's their choice.

10. Re: Diablo III PvP Preview Feb 9, 2011, 15:32 Optional nickname

Bhruic wrote on Feb 9, 2011, 15:02:
I stopped reading at: "you get no loot for getting kills, but you die forever in hardcore mode"

Uh, why? They were demoing the Arena, which is supposed to be a "no consequence" fighting zone, so of course you wouldn't get loot. And HC characters are designed with the "you have one life, if you die, you are dead" mentality, so anyone picking to play HC knows what they are getting themselves into.

I wouldn't risk a HC character on PVP, for no gain other than "bragging rights"? watch the leaderboard be chalk full of under LVL 5 characters. I don't know, perhaps there is some self worth reward afterall, if it means putting an X on the wall.

9. Re: Diablo III PvP Preview Feb 9, 2011, 15:02 Bhruic

I stopped reading at: "you get no loot for getting kills, but you die forever in hardcore mode"

Uh, why? They were demoing the Arena, which is supposed to be a "no consequence" fighting zone, so of course you wouldn't get loot. And HC characters are designed with the "you have one life, if you die, you are dead" mentality, so anyone picking to play HC knows what they are getting themselves into.

8. Re: Diablo III PvP Preview Feb 9, 2011, 14:14 killer_roach

Wildone wrote on Feb 9, 2011, 11:12:
Early build from like 5 years ago or..??!? How hard can it be to make a dungeon crawler Blizzard..get over yourselves

"Early build" as in "the game is likely 18 months off in the best case scenario". Everything I've heard about the previews so far is that Blizzard basically coded enough stuff to throw some models into a map and that was about it.

7. Re: Diablo III PvP Preview Feb 9, 2011, 13:54 Verno

I don't know, that looked just fine to me and I'm really looking forward to this game. I have no clue what video some of you guys seem to have watched.  

Playing: Shadow of Mordor, Peggle 2, TIE Fighter
Watching: Capturing the Friedmans, The Jungle, Person of Interest

6. Re: Diablo III PvP Preview Feb 9, 2011, 13:49 El Pit

Please be patient. Right now, ActiBlizz is working hard on WoW patches. They don't have time for other games. D3 will come out after Duke Nukem Forever. Please be patient for some more couple of years. Please.  
Consoles? I owned two: a Pong clone and an Atari 2600. And that's it.

5. Re: Diablo III PvP Preview Feb 9, 2011, 13:11 WyldKat

LOL... "stunningly sharp graphics" ....

Yes for 2004...

4. Re: Diablo III PvP Preview Feb 9, 2011, 12:08 Optional nickname

EPIC DISASTROUS FAIL, BLIZZARD. lol, now the wait for D3 suddenly became a bad taste in my mouth.

3. Re: Diablo III PvP Preview Feb 9, 2011, 11:39 Wildone

lol oh oh..they gotta redo the game..AGAIN!!!  

2. Re: Diablo III PvP Preview Feb 9, 2011, 11:22 avianflu

After starcraft kinda quietly fizzled consumer-interest-wise, they might be re-thinking their strategy for Diablo 3.  

1. Re: Diablo III PvP Preview Feb 9, 2011, 11:12 Wildone

Early build from like 5 years ago or..??!? How hard can it be to make a dungeon crawler Blizzard..get over yourselves  

14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo