Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Treyarch on Bugs

VideoGamer.com spoke with Josh Olin, asking the Treyarch community manager about complaints about bugginess in the PC and PS3 editions of Call of Duty: Black Ops. He offers an interesting defense: "The PS3 and the PC issues are not exclusive to the PS3 and PC - the Xbox 360 has had its own fair share of issues. Every platform has issues." He goes on to point out that a bug-free gaming experience is probably impossible: "It is unfortunate that those [bugs] have to exist at all. In an ideal would we would love to ship a completely bug-proof game. I can't think of a single developer in the world, though, that could achieve that." He concludes pointing out that they've had six or seven patches (depending on platform) over a span of two to three months, and they do not plan on ending support for the game anytime soon: "Even if the bug is only hurting a hundred fans, if we can find the cause we'll patch it."

View
13. Re: Treyarch on Bugs Feb 9, 2011, 09:56 Elessar

Question now is, with the buginess at release and the lack of innovation in the series, will the next installment sell bazillions of copies as well?

I actually like COD, but it's starting to become a tired formula for me. I hope it is for others too, to force these guys into mixing it up.

"You don't get what you deserve, you get what you get."
Previous Post Next Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. Feb 8, 21:19 Re: Treyarch on Bugs Sty
  3. Feb 8, 23:16  Re: Treyarch on Bugs spindoctor
  4. Feb 9, 00:08   Re: Treyarch on Bugs [VG]Reagle
  5. Feb 9, 00:30    Re: Treyarch on Bugs xXBatmanXx
  2. Feb 8, 23:12 Re: Treyarch on Bugs Brumbek
  6. Feb 9, 01:43 Re: Treyarch on Bugs Ant
  7. Feb 9, 04:56  Re: Treyarch on Bugs Rilcon
  8. Feb 9, 06:34   Re: Treyarch on Bugs Kajetan
  15. Feb 9, 10:06    Re: Treyarch on Bugs Ant