Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Evening Consolidation

View
5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

5. Re: Evening Consolidation Feb 9, 2011, 09:35 avianflu

the irony of course is that 95% of achievements in any game are earned with little effort, so they are not really 'achievements.'  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

4. Re: Evening Consolidation Feb 9, 2011, 00:58 Creston

xXBatmanXx wrote on Feb 9, 2011, 00:33:
On the other hand, I DO enjoy finding all of the audio logs in Dead Space and also finding all of the manuscript pages in Alan Wake. I enjoy reading through them and I enjoy the story within the story....

But you do that because you enjoy the background they provide. The additional little insights into the story that you might have missed. You don't do it (or at least I doubt you do) for the fact that it gives you a two second window with a retarded "Well Read! HAR HAR HAR! +20G" message in it.

Fuck cliffyb. The cunt.

Creston

3. Re: Evening Consolidation Feb 9, 2011, 00:33 xXBatmanXx

WyldKat wrote on Feb 8, 2011, 23:48:
Achievements are worthless, unless you're a gamerscore whoring epeen monger.

How about giving us something more meaningful, like 50 more gameplay hours?

I am ont he fence with some of the achievements. I agree that some games it is a total waste of time - but there are others that while I was going for them, opened up a part of the game that I would not have experienced or explored. But for the most part, I have no reason to play Dead Space 1 again for 12 hours just to get the max achievment for all weapons and use only 1 gun from start to finish. I also don't see the reason to play through Alan Wake again just toget the Nightmare achievement.

On the other hand, I DO enjoy finding all of the audio logs in Dead Space and also finding all of the manuscript pages in Alan Wake. I enjoy reading through them and I enjoy the story within the story....

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

2. Re: Evening Consolidation Feb 8, 2011, 23:48 WyldKat

Achievements are worthless, unless you're a gamerscore whoring epeen monger.

How about giving us something more meaningful, like 50 more gameplay hours?

1. Re: Evening Consolidation Feb 8, 2011, 23:29 Creston

Blezsinski's attitude is exactly what the fuck is wrong with gaming these days.

"Look man, if you're grinding hundreds of hours on a game, 50 achievements just isn't enough, man! Gamers need that little ding and the little box in order to feel good about their pathetic selves! We need more achievements!"

How about you just make a better game, rather than pretending that hunting a fucking bellhop-dinger every few hours is actually meaningful gameplay, cliffy-fucking-B?

Creston

5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo