Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Tech Bits

View
5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

5. Re: Morning Tech Bits Feb 8, 2011, 17:30 Wowbagger_TIP

You'd think that teaching evolution and other important aspects of science would be a major goal of schools these days. The biomedical industry is one of the bigger growth industries out there. You'd think we'd want to prepare our kids for the jobs of the future.

Instead we have schools that are afraid to teach science because they might piss off people who still believe in some mythology or other and can't figure out how to separate that from the real-world where we see this stuff working every day to help extend our lives and improve our standard of living.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

4. Re: Morning Tech Bits Feb 8, 2011, 12:27 Jim

Microsoft
The shake-up should start at the very top. It is time for Ballmer to go.

Nuremberg Toy Fair
It's about bloody time that people realize that yes, you CAN make toys without all that plastic and chemical junk, just like 100 years ago. I hope this trend continues.

Bill Nye
A great read, thanks for sharing this link. I am shocked that a majority of biology teachers do not teach evolution. Our society seems to be moving in the wrong direction.

Jim

3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Feb 8, 2011, 11:57 nin

WHO TOLD YOU TO SIT DOWN!?!?!

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Feb 8, 2011, 11:56 FloorPie

Developers, Developers, Developers, Developers, Developers, Developers.  

1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Feb 8, 2011, 11:35 Creston

Microsoft should fire Ballmer. That'd have far more of an effect than to keep "shaking things up" and "cleaning house."

There's a reason all your top talent is fleeing to other companies, MS. I'd start by looking at that fat, angry retard that keeps screaming at people and throwing chairs.

Creston

5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo