Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

GamersGate on Steam Competition

The GamersGate interview on IndustryGamers chats with Theo Bergquist, CEO of GamersGate, to discuss the present and future of digital distribution. Theo talks with them about the growing appeal of buying games via download, what GamersGate is doing to compete in this space, and more. He also expresses optimism about their ability to compete with Steam: "Once digital sales are superior to physical sales, we believe Steam will have a harder time remaining #1. We’ve led the way with many things like weekend offers, promotion programs, holiday sales, and more and they’ve followed. We believe our focus on premium customer support, a client-free experience, a robust reward program, and a DRM-friendly policy will appeal to the masses once they decide to go digital."

View
2. Re: GamersGate on Steam Competition Feb 7, 2011, 21:53 Quboid

I think GamersGate are excellent, their service is very good and if you want, you can back up the installation files. The Steam "experience" is nice, but in principal I dislike that concept. Steam does it well. Impulse, EADM, GWFL do it badly. When different games use different ones (or in the case of GTA4, more than one!), it gets messy.

With GamersGate, you download the installation files and you're on your way. Keep the files and your serial code if you don't trust them - I agree they're not as safe as Steam, but I think they're pretty safe.

- Quboid
Previous Post Next Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. Feb 7, 21:34 Re: GamersGate on Steam Competition WyldKat
>> 2. Feb 7, 21:53  Re: GamersGate on Steam Competition Quboid
  3. Feb 7, 22:15   Re: GamersGate on Steam Competition Esoteric
  4. Feb 7, 22:18    Re: GamersGate on Steam Competition Bumpy
  5. Feb 7, 22:34 Re: GamersGate on Steam Competition vermin
  6. Feb 7, 23:00 Re: GamersGate on Steam Competition StingingVelvet
  9. Feb 7, 23:43  Re: GamersGate on Steam Competition vermin
  7. Feb 7, 23:17 Re: GamersGate on Steam Competition Zadig
  8. Feb 7, 23:38  Re: GamersGate on Steam Competition Elf Shot The Food