Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

BlizzCon 2011 Announced

Blizzard announces BlizzCon 2011 will take place on Friday, October 21 and Saturday, October 22 in the Anaheim Convention Center in Anaheim, California, saying further details on ticket availability and pricing will be announced on the Blizzard website as the event draws closer. "We look forward to holding another exciting BlizzCon this year, filled with some great entertainment and competition, as well as the latest news about Blizzard games," said Mike Morhaime, CEO and cofounder of Blizzard Entertainment. "BlizzCon is built from the ground up with our community in mind -- we're pleased to be able to host an event where players can come together to have fun and celebrate their passion for gaming."

View
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

8. Re: BlizzCon 2011 Announced Feb 8, 2011, 16:18 Sempai

Blizzcon 2010 was not only a waste of money but also a huge let down.
A glorified lan party with massive lines, overpriced food, overpriced t-shirts, hell overpriced everything.

They showed nothing of substance whatsoever, it was essentially the very same show as the year before it, only more expensive.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: BlizzCon 2011 Announced Feb 8, 2011, 00:39 Sepharo

raVen wrote on Feb 7, 2011, 11:55:
I went last year (2010), and it was interesting. But the people I went with ruined it.

Too nerdy, too cool, or plague?

6. Re: Anaheim Again? Feb 8, 2011, 00:08 ColoradoHoudini

Just surprise us and show us a trailer for a VERY soon to be released MMOFPS based in a new universe.  

5. Anaheim Again? Feb 7, 2011, 19:47 Xoxotl

I wish Blizz would think of their fans on the East Coast for a change and have it somewhere on this side of the country for once.

I understand Blizzard has their HQ in Anaheim but with them being made out of money, I'm sure they could swing holding BlizzCon in NYC every now and then.

Don't start anything you can't finish. Preferably to component atoms.

4. Re: BlizzCon 2011 Announced Feb 7, 2011, 13:36 Fion

I had a virtual ticket to Blizzcon last year and I really had a ball. While there were some hickups with the streaming service, switching to good ol' flash fixed that and the ability to go back and watch anything you missed for some time afterwards was a fantastic feature. Not to mention just being able to virtually attend the seminars, tournaments, Tenacious D concert, see all the behind the scenes stuff was a great deal of fun.

While I'm not playing WoW atm (though who knows if I will by the time October rolls around) my love of Starcraft 2 and my anticipation for Diablo 3 will certainly draw me back again. Considering the leaked release schedule with D3 being winter this year, I think the anticipation will be at an all time high during this years Blizzcon.

3. Re: BlizzCon 2011 Announced Feb 7, 2011, 11:55 raVen

Sadly, the 2011 edition won't feature a finished D3 either.
That may not be true either: leaked schedule

I went last year (2010), and it was interesting. But the people I went with ruined it.

2. Re: BlizzCon 2011 Announced Feb 7, 2011, 11:24 nin

Lol, didn't the 2010 BSCon just finish like last week?

You mean last October?

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

1. Re: BlizzCon 2011 Announced Feb 7, 2011, 11:20 Optional nickname

Lol, didn't the 2010 BSCon just finish like last week? Sadly, the 2011 edition won't feature a finished D3 either. 'tarded.  

8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo